2/3

Teacher's Tale

Sehun wakes up the next morning to the sound of his phone vibrating incessantly on his bedside table.  Rolling over, he grabs the disruptive device, answering the call and pressing the phone to his face.

"Hello?" He mumbles out, voice thick with sleep.

"Sehun? Did you want to grab a coffee or something today?"

"Who is this?"

"Luhan, from the party. Remember?"

"Luhan!" Sehun is suddenly wide awake and sitting upright in his bed. "Yeah, I'd to love to, uh, grab a coffee or something."

"Great! I'll see you in fifteen at the Starbucks by the bookstore, then?"

"Sure thing!" Sehun answers, already pulling his pants on one-handed.  After ending the call, Sehun quickly rushes around his room to finish getting dressed, and then races to the bathroom to comb his hair and brush his teeth simultaneously.

Five minutes later and he's out the door.

Sehun reahes the Starbucks approximately seven minutes early, but he can't bring himself to care as he takes a seat and waits for his fairy princess to arrive. 

He's only been sitting there for maybe four or five minutes when a pair of delicate hands cover his eyes.

"Guess who?" comes a sweet voice and a breath of air against his the shell of his ear.

"Luhan?"

"Correct!"

Sehun reaches up and grabs the hands covering his eyes, gently pulling them away so he can see the beautiful girl.

The sight that greets him is not one he could ever have been prepared for.

Standing where the beautiful fairy princess Luhan should have been standing is instead a boy, albeit, a very pretty boy. His honey blonde hair is cut short, his big, doe eyes are framed with long lashes, and his pink lips are drawn up in a sweet smile. He is wearing dark wash skinny jeans that hug his slim hips, and a tan Queen t-shirt that clings to his flat and less chest.

"Who are you?" Sehun asks, unwilling to give credit to the suspicion niggling at the back of his mind.

"Luhan?" The pretty boy responds, confusion clear as day on his face.

"No you're not." Sehun states flatly.

"Um, yeah I am." His confusion has turned to slight annoyance.

"No, you're not."

"Look, I think I would know better than you who I am."

"Luhan is a girl."

"Why on earth would you think I'm a girl?" The confusion is back.

"I DON'T KNOW! MAYBE BECAUSE WHEN I MET YOU, YOU WERE WEARING A FAIRY PRINCESS COSTUME!?!? AND YOU HAD S!?!?" Sehun has officially lost his cool.

"Oh my God! You thought I was a girl!" Luhan exclaims, breaking into loud peals of laughter that ring melodiously through the cafe, where everyone is staring at them; some even had their phones out recording it.

"What the !?" Sehun yells at the little devil boy laughing himself stupid at his expense.

"Calm down, okay? You have to admit that this situation is pretty ridiculous," Luhan says, still laughing as he rests a hand on Sehun's shoulder, as if reassuringly.

"Don't touch me." Sehun says, straight faced once again as he brushes Luhan's hand off of his shoulder. "Do not ever contact me again." Are his final words as he turns on his heal and leaves the Starbucks, completely mortified and vowing never to return there again.

 

                                                            

 

A week has passed, and Sehun has still been too embarrassed to tell Tao, though he expects he probably saw a video of it on the internet if his constant sniggering and subtle jabs are anything to indicate.

Sighing, Sehun continues his stroll across campus, lost in thought.  Despite his sheer mortification, he can't help but to feel a little regretful. Luhan was so pretty, and she - I mean he- had so much in common with him.  Talking with Luhan had been so easy, at least after getting over his initial awkwardness at being in the presence of such a pretty girl - er, boy.

Another sigh escapes his lips as he looks down at his watch. "Motherer!" he yells, taking off into a sprint upon realizing he is ten minutes late to class.

Hurtling across campus, Sehun is not paying nearly enough attention to where he is going, and as a consequence of his carelessness, he ends up barrelling straight into some poor bystander.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" He exclaims, pushing his hair out of his eyes at the same time he reaches a hand down to assist the other.

But as soon as his hair is out of his vision, he quickly retracts the hand extended in offering. Straightening up quickly, he turns tail and starts walking.

"Hey! You knocked me over! The least you could do is help me up!"

"Don't do it, Sehun, don't give in," he mutters to himself, but he unintentionally slows his pace anyway.

"Sehun!" The voice calls out angrily.

Shoulders slumping in defeat and head hanging down to stare at his feet, Sehun sighs yet again before turning around and walking back to the person on the ground.

Silently reaching out, Sehun grabs Luhan's hand and pulls him to his feet. It seems as if he must have overcalculated the amount of force he put into it, however, because Luhan loses his balance and stumbles into Sehun, head pressed against his chest, and arms wrapped around his waist to catch himself.

Sehun stands frozen, heart beating faster than it should be, and there is definitely not enough air entering his lungs.

"Sorry," Luhan mumbles as he pushes himself off of Sehun's chest and back into an upright position.

"It's ok," Sehun says sheepishly. "Sorry for, uh, you know, running you over." He rubs his hand nervously against the nape of his neck.

"It's okay!" Luhan chirps, once again his giddy self. "Sorry for making you think I was a girl and falling madly in love with me."

"I am not in love with you!" Sehun snaps, face flaming, in anger or embarrassment, he doesn't really know. 

"Wow, calm down now. I was joking." Luhan puts his hands up placatingly, as if to soothe a wild animal.

"Sorry..." Sehun says again.

"Looks like we're both sorry then.  Where were you going?"

Sehun is completely thrown off by the sudden change in conversation.  "Um, I was going to class?"

"Oh, what class were you-"

"!" Sehun cuts him off suddenly. "I'm twenty minutes late!"

"You look distressed. You should relax. At this point, you might as well skip it."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Sehun acquiesces as the tension once again drains from his body.

"Since you're skipping class, do you maybe want to go grab some bubble tea with me?" Luhan bats his lashes at him.

"I should actually go back to my dorm and do some homework if I don't want to feel crippling guilt for not being in class."

"Overacheiver."

"What?"

"Nothing," he says innocently, fluttering his eyelashes once again.

"Well, um, see you around then," Sehun waves awkwardly as he turns in the direction from whence he came and begins to walk back to his dorm.

"Ouch! Sehun, wait!" Luhan calls to his retreating back.

"What's wrong?" Sehun responds with legitimate concern as he quickly jogs back to where Luhan is standing.

"I think I must have hurt my ankle when you knocked me barbarically to the ground. Can you help me back to my apartment? I should probably wrap it."

"Uh, sure. I'm really sorry."

"No big deal!" Luhan is still chipper. "Just get your over here."

Sehun does as he's told. As soon as he's close enough to Luhan, the smaller boy wraps an elegant arm around his broad shoulders, and leans his weight against him in support. 

"Which way?" Sehun asks, turning his face away from Luhan's so that he can't see his blush.

"Just follow my lead."

The two of them walk in silence to Luhan's apartment, though Sehun, at least, doesn't feel as if the silence is stifling. 

When they get to his apartment, Luhan riffles around in his pocket for his key, which he proceeds to stuff in the lock unceremoniously before flinging the door open and leading Sehun in.

Sehun looks around him to get a feel for Luhan's studio apartment.  The floors are of warm wood, and the walls are a creamy yellow.  The furniture is all plush and comfortable looking, and fluffy pillows and blankets are everywhere.  On the walls are a combination of superhero and kpop posters, leaving very little room for much else. All in all, the room is kind of everything that Sehun expected it to be - not that he had spent any time thinking what Luhan's room looked like.

Soon after walking through the door, Luhan instructs Sehun to drop him on the bed. "There's an Ace bandage in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, do you mind getting it for me?"

"Sure." Sehun takes the opportunity of being away from Luhan's gaze to try to calm himself. Splashing cold water on his face, Sehun takes a few deep breaths before grabbing what he was there to retrieve. Returning to the main room, Sehun awkwardly hands over the bandage.

"Did you have trouble finding it?" Luhan asks distractedly as he awkwardly begins wrapping his ankle.

"Here, let me," Sehun instructs, sitting down on the bed and taking the bandage from Luhan. Gingerly holding his delicate ankle, Sehun carefully winds the bandage around.

"Thanks," Luhan breathes when he's done.

"No problem." Sehun is blushing again. "Well, I should probably go then."

"No, stay!" Luhan calls loudly, making Sehun jump. "I mean," he clears his throat awkwardly, "you came all the way here, why don't you hang out for a while?"

"Yeah, I guess..." Sehun takes a seat beside Luhan on the bed once again.

Luhan shimmies himself along the mattress until he's sitting with his back against the wall, feet hanging out over the edge, just as Sehun is.

At first, it's awkward, but soon enough, the two boys fall into a comfortable conversation.  Sehun finds he and Luhan really do have a lot in common. Luhan is studying to become a Lit teacher, while Sehun is on the same path for history.  They both prefer dogs over cats, fantasy over nonfiction, and warm over cold.

They have some differences too.

"You like the orange and yellow skittles best!?" Luhan exclaims excitedly, shifing his position so that now he's staring more comfortably at Sehun's face. "That's perfect! I hate them!"

"How is that perfect?" Sehun questions, really quite confused. Luhan is momentarily distracted by the cute way Sehun's eyebrows scrunch togeter.

"It's perfect because between you and me, we can eat a whole bag of skittles! I'll eat all the purples and reds, you eat all the orange and yellows, and we'll fight to the death over the greens!"

Sehun finds himself unable to respond. His chest is suddenly tight, and Luhan's face is much too close for comfort.

His somber feelings quickly encompass Luhan as well, as he too falls silent and stares at Sehun's face.

Sehun his lips when Luhan's gaze flicks from his eyes to his lips and back up.

Luhan's face is now even closer to Sehun's.

"I-I have to go!" Sehun rolls off the bed and runs out the door before Luhan has even had time to process what just happened.

 

A/N:

This was supposed to get posted yesterday, but halfway through me writing it, right where Sehun knocks Luhan over, for whatever reason my computer decided to erase everything I had. Instead of sitting there in frustration trying to re-write it, I decided just to go out and get groceries instead. I'm almost glad it happened, though, because it's a lot better after re-writing it than it was in its initial completion.

Anyway, anticipate the next chapter, I think it'll probably be the last.