1/3

Teacher's Tale

"Sehun, it's Halloween, unbunch your for one night and just come with me to this party."

"Tao, for the last time, I don't do parties."

"That's ing fabulous, but you're going."

"No."

"I will call your mother and let her know that you are rejecting socialization in favor of studying again."

"You wouldn't."

"I would." 

Sehun pales visibly. A hard feat considering his already porcelain skin. 

"She's always telling me I need to get you out more, I'm sure she'd just love it to hear that you're rejecting me again."

"Okay, fine, I concede." Sehun puts his hands up in surrender.  "I'll go to you boy toy's party. But there is no way in hell that I'm dressing up."

"Oh, I think you are," Tao grins evilly, approaching Sehun with malicious intent. "I know the perfect costume for you."

"You are the literal devil."

"Not even close, I'm going as a panda, actually."

"Not what I meant."

"Sshh, just shut your eyes and it'll all be over soon." Tao forces Sehun into the bathroom and begins attacking him with eyeliner and fake blood.

Thirty minutes later, the transformation is complete and Sehun is left standing alone in the bathroom as Tao begins work on his own costume. Staring into the mirror, Sehun questions how he ever got himself into this situation. His reflection looking back at him gives him a good view of Tao's handiwork. He has smoky eyes with winged eyeliner that make his eyes look more feline. His lips are cherry red, with a few drops of sugary fake blood drying uncomfortably at the corner of his mouth. Tilting his head, he sees that he's also been given two symmetrical vampire bites, still fresh with blood oozing out and dripping grossly down his shirt. Fortunately, he's been put into the black suit he wears to interviews, but a blood red bowtie is in the place of his usual ice blue one, and a chintzy black cape has been tied around his throat.

Sighing, Sehun runs his fingers through his hair in defeat before turning around and joining Tao in their room. Ten more minutes sees a sullen vampire and a rather intimidating panda walking across campus.

"Taozi!" A very tall man dressed as the Jolly Green Giant exclaims as soon as the two boys knock on the door.

"Kris!" Tao responds just as enthusiastically, standing on his toes to plant a sweet kiss to the lips of the other.

"And you managed to drag Sehun along too, huh? It's good to see you out and about, buddy. I'm glad you could make it!" Kris claps Sehun on the shoulder and gives him a reassuring squeeze.

He glowers in response, but there's no bite to it. Kris and Tao have been dating for two years now, and Kris has been nothing short of wonderful to him; a fact that Sehun is glad of. Mostly because he didn't think he'd actually be able to kick the monster's if he hurt his roommate.

"Well come on in, join the party!" Kris beams as he welcomes the two of them into his apartment, his hand settling in the small of Tao's back. "Drinks and snacks are over at that table," he gestures to a fold out table placed in the farthest corner of the room.

Sehun feels as if he had only glanced in that direction, but it must have been longer than he thought because by the time he looked back, Kris and Tao had already wandered off somewhere and left him alone.

"ers," he mumbles under his breath as he saunters over to the drink table, snatching up a beer and taking a big gulp from it. "It's gonna be a looong night," is his mantra as he takes a seat on the miraculously unoccupied couch.

Half an hour later, he's playing Cookie Run on his phone. He's getting nervous though. His battery is at 10% and he seriously regrets not charging it before he came.

"Is this seat taken?"

Sehun looks up at the request, but is unable to reply due to being frozen with a mouth like a gaping fish.

"I'm just going to assume it's not, then," the owner of the voice takes a seat beside him, throwing their head back and shutting their eyes.

Sehun blushes furiously and tries to look back down at his phone, but he can't refrain himself from sneaking glances at the person beside him.

He can't help thinking she's the prettiest girl he's ever seen.  Her eyes are large and round, long lashes and subtle eyeliner innocently framing them. Her lips are full and pink, set in an adorable pout. Her hair is cut short in a pixie cut that beautifully accentuates her delicate jaw.  She's dressed as a fairy princess, wings crushed between her and the couch.  A tiara sits atop her small head, and a slinky pink dress hugs her narrow frame.

"Please stop staring at me, you're making me uncomfortable." Her melodious voice has a lower register that melts like honey on Sehun's ears.

"Sorry!" He blushes even harder, staring intensely at his now dead phone.

"No big deal, I know I'm gorgeous."

Sehun splutters and looks at his phone with even more intent, if that's even possible.

"Your phone is dead."

"Yeah..."

"I'd lend you my charger, but I forgot it at home. My name's Luhan, by the way." Luhan extends her hand in greeting.

"Sehun," he responds, grasping her hand and taking the introduction as an invitation to look at her openly.

"Pleased to meet you. You're really handsome."

"T-thanks," Sehun splutters sheepishly.

Luhan's laugh is like the tinkling of a thousand small bells. "No need to be embarrased, I'm sure you've heard it before!"

"From my mother."

"She certainly knows what she's talking about. So, Sehun, what's your major?"

"History." From then on the conversation becomes much more comfortable. Sehun finds himself inching closer and closer to Luhan throughout the night. Two hours later and they're both still seated firmly on the couch. As the party winds down, they realize that so too, must their conversation.

"It was nice meeting you, Sehun. Let's grab a coffee some time?" Luhan bats her eyelashes at him endearingly, and there was nothing in this world that would stop Sehun from agreeing to it.

"Great! Since your phone is dead, why don't you go ahead and put your number in mine? I'll text you so you've got mine then too." Luhan hands her phone over to him, the add new contact screen already up and ready to go.

After Sehun has finished plugging in his number, he hands the phone back to its owner.

"Wonderful! I've got to go now, I look forward to seeing you again!" And with that, Luhan stood up, kissed Sehun on the cheek, and left before he even knew what had happened.

 

A/N:

There have been requests for a prequel to Teacher's Game, and I feel like satisfying them right now. I'm not planning on making this a paticularly long fic, probably no more than three or so chapters, but we'll see what happens. My stories have a tendency to get a little out of hand. Anyway, anticipate the next chapter, I'm writing it tomorrow morning.