1.5

Everything Has Changed... Well, Maybe Not Everything

1.5

Years ago, Tiffany’s last night in Jeonju…

Boxes and luggages littered Tiffany’s room, to the point that the only space where they could sit on was at the foot of the bed.

The more things they packed, the emptier Taeyeon felt, like she was leaving a small part of her in every box they taped close, in every luggage they zipped up. They’ve finally graduated, and when it was normally something to rejoice about, Taeyeon found herself even more saddened by the fact.

Because graduation meant Tiffany leaving.

“That’s the last of it.”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with a pout. “Are you sure?” She asked, not wanting to stop packing. She would pack the whole house if it meant having Tiffany a little longer.

The girl snickered at her pouty face, and it made her smile, slightly. She watched as she crawled towards her on the floor.

“Don’t look so sad.” Tiffany said as she held her cheek. “Smile.”

She chuckled but it sounded empty even to her own ears, and maybe to Tiffany too because the smile she had on didn’t reach her eyes.

“I’m gonna miss you,” Taeyeon said as she pulled the girl closer to her, burying her nose in her hair. “So much, you have no idea.”

“Maybe I do,” Tiffany whispered back, “because I’m going to miss you just as much.”

Taeyeon felt a soft kiss on her neck, making her smile. She pulled back and held Tiffany’s face in her hands, pressing their foreheads together.

“Don’t forget me, Tiffany Hwang,” she whispered, her thumbs caressing the other girl’s cheeks.

Tiffany giggled before leaning in, molding their lips together, and Taeyeon kissed her, breathed her in for the last time.

“I will never, Kim Taeyeon,” she heard Tiffany say against her lips. “Never.”

 

“And she didn’t. She—" Taeyeon paused to look at Sooyoung, her face a mix of a million emotions. “We haven’t seen each other for ten years, yet… She didn’t forget me.”

Sooyoung kept mum and just continued to stare at her.

“I honestly don’t know what to say,” the girl said after a while, shaking her head as she leaned back on her chair. “When you told me about her last week, I didn’t believe you. You were too drunk, I thought you’re just making things up.”

Taeyeon laughed, throwing her pen at Sooyoung.

“And whose fault is that?”

“Mine. But still.”

She shook her head, still chuckling.

They were in her office enjoying the quiet Monday morning, the first day of work after their bonus week off. She had been a mess of feelings for the past week, but it was a good mess—a lovely mess, to be exact—and Taeyeon figured she needed to slow down for a while.

The initial shock had worn off, and now she was just… nostalgic.

Meeting up with Tiffany for the past few days brought back so many things—an old friend, old memories, old feelings—and Taeyeon found it to be such a wonder how easily they fell back into place.

Tiffany’s presence had always brought her a sense of comfort before, and now, even with ten years worth of life separating them, she realized that the feeling never did went away.

 

———

———