4xx

Porcelain Doll

Chapter Four: Reality


The doll walked around the Kim's house as he waited for Jongin. Looking around he sees pictures with the Kim family. In the picture Jongin was younger, he looked like he was still in elementary school. His black hair almost covering his eyes, he had a big smile on his face, his eyes into cresents. Kyungsoo coos at the picture on how adorable Jongin was when he was younger. As he continues to look at the frames he wonders what he looked like when he was younger. Maybe he'll remember someday, just not now.

It was around four in the afternoon already, when would Jongin come back home? He did say he would be a late since it was Friday. Kyungsoo climbled up the stairs with much difficulty until he finally reached the top. He felt proud of himself, he climbed over the monsterous obstacle.

He walked towards Jongin's room and climbed up they bed and swung his legs back and forth for what felt like hours. Kyungsoo didn't like being alone. I feared he would soon be forgotten like how he almost was when he was in that antique shop years ago.

Kyungsoo often wondered what it would be liked to be human, or human once again. Would he able to feel the cold seeping through the many layers of clothing humans wore when it was winter? How would the hot burning sun feel like against his soft skin? Will he get sun burns like how everyone has experienced? Will he be able to find the person he wants to spend tim with the rest of his life? So many questions ran through his mind. Would it even be possible to turn back into a human? Some things just deemed impossible, but Kyungsoo's hope was the only thing keeping his afloat. If he didn't have so many questions about life, he could've just slipped off a ledge and let his soul fly away and go up to a place called Heaven. A place where he could freely expire a place where he was supposed to go.

He didn't know why he was in a porcelain doll really. But like everyone says, everything happens for a reason. A reason even Kyungsoo didn't even know what it was.

XXXXXXXXXX

The doll rested on Jongin's bed until it was almost eight in the evening. Frowning Kyungsoo sat up and stared at the door. Where was Jongin? What was he doing right now? He really missed Grandma Joonmyeona. She kept him company when Jongin was at school. Now, he was alone. Jongin's parents don't know anything about his existance. He was just a porcelain doll in other's eyes.

With a sigh, Kyungsoo waited for Jongin once again. It was already eleven in the evening and there was no sign of Jongin anywhere. Kyungsoo frowns as he hears voices outside of Jongin's room, it was the said male's parents. “Where's Jongin?” His mother asks as the steps grew louder in the hallway.

He said he was at Sehun's house and will be back tomorrow morning.” His father replies as the lights in the hallway turn off and a door was closed. Kyungsoo was going to be sleeping alone tonight. He didn't understand why he was so affected without Jongin's precence next nor near to him. It was such a peculiar feeling. With Jongin, he felt safe and there was nothing for him to be worried about. But without the male, he feels alone. Abandoned. Has Jongin forgotten about him? Is that why he was at Sehun's house? Yeah, Jongin told Kyungsoo about staying later than usual, but never the whole day and during the night.

Kyungsoo pouts as he covers himself with Jongin's blanket and falls asleep in the enormous bed he had all to himself. Kyungsoo was alone once again.

XXXXXXXXXX

Noises of the door knob being twisted woke Kyungsoo up from his slumber. Rubbing his eyes, he saw Jongin. His hair was messy, the neat neck tie he wore yesterday loosly hung around his neck and the first three buttons of his white shirt were ed. “Hey, Kyungsoo.” Jongin said sluggishly as he sat on the bed and s his white polo shirt leaving him in his school pants. Jongin suddenly stands up and slips off his pants, leaving him with only his black boxers.

Looking at the male, Kyungsoo felt his porcelain cheeks getting warm. Covering his cheeks Kyungsoo stares at the human infront of him. The way his stomach was toned and the v-line just below his waist and abdomin, peeking from the boxers he wore. The male slips underneath the covers next to Kyungsoo and breathes. “I'm beat, goodnight.” He mumbles as Kyungsoo looks at the clock on the wall and sees it was already ten in the morning and he hears the garage door open. Jongin's parents have just left for work as he saw Jongin's mother's red lipstick on the younger male's cheek.

Kyungsoo sighs as he slips underneath the covers of Jongin's bed and watches as the human's chest rose and fell as he slept peacefully, his lips parted. The porcelain doll smiles to himself as he closes his eyes, lulling himself to sleep with Jongin's breaths.

XXXXXXXXXX

The human in the bed moves around causing the doll to wake up. Kyungsoo sits up and rubs his eyes with a small yawn. Looking at the time he sees it was alread five in the afternoon and Jongin still hasn't woke up. With a small huff Kyungsoo counts the hours. Jongin has only had seven hours of sleep. Pursing his lips, Kyungsoo lets the human sleep as he slips out from underneath the bed's silky blanket as he climbs down the wooden floor. Standing where he was, Kyungsoo listens to see if Jongin's parents were home. After a few minutes of listening to voices coming from downstairs and steps down the hallway that never came. Sighing Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and pokes his cheek.

Jongin.” He whispers as he pokes the human's cheeks again. “Wake up.” Jongin opens one of his eyes and shoots a million watt smile towards Kyungsoo that makes the doll feel knots forming in his belly.

Good morning Kyungsoo.” He yawns.

It's five in the afternoon. Why were you home so late?” Kyungsoo frowns, a worried tone in his voice.

I was with Sehun and Soojung.” Jongin mumbles.

Y-you left me alone Jongin.” Kyungsoo frowns, tears pooling in the corners of his eyes. “I missed you Jongin.”

Kyungsoo.” Jongin frowns as he sits up and moves the doll towards him. “I'm so sorry. I didn't know you hated being alone that much.” Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and smiles.

It's okay now, as long as you're back I'm okay.” He says with a heart shaped smile that warms Jongin's heart. “If you don't mind me asking. Who's Soojung?”

Jongin purses his lips. “She's a good friend of mine.” He replies clearning his throat. “Did you drink the cocoa I left you yesterday?” He asks changing the topic.

Kyungsoo nods his head happily. “Yeah, it's was delicious. Thanks.” Jongin smiles as he ruffles Kyungsoo's raven hair which makes the doll pout as he fixes his hair.

XXXXXXXXXX

Jongin what are you going to do today?” Kyungsoo asks as he sits on Jongin's desk, swinging his legs back and forth.

I don't know. I think Sehun's coming over today to hangout.” Jongin replies as Kyungsoo slightly nods.

Should I hide?”

No, you can stay here.” Jongin smiles. “You're going to meet Sehun today.”

XXXXXXXXXX

Jongin kept staring at his phone with a grin on his face but Kyungsoo didn't understand why. After a few minutes there was knocking on the door. “It's open.” He says. The door knob was turned and a male Kyungsoo saw a few days before walks in.

Jongin.” He mumbles as he flops on the male's bed. “I'm so bored. Let's play video games.”

Wasn't that the reason why you were here in the first place?” Jongin laughs as he turns on the tv looking at Kyungsoo with a nod.

The doll clears his voice, “Hello.” He says softly, but enough for Sehun to hear. Looking up the blonde male sees a doll looking at him but looks back at Jongin.

Hey, you heard someone say hey, right?” Jongin nods as he points at the doll. “Stop playing with me man. It's not funny, you know I'm still scarred from Annabell.” He says as he looks at the doll and sees Kyungsoo waving his hands. At that moment Sehun's jaw drops as he sits up and runs behind Jongin. “Did you see that doll wave his hand? There's some possession going down.” He whispers as he points at the doll. “Get rid of it.”

No.” Jongin simply replies as he moves towards Kyungsoo with a chuckle.

No! Jongin, you're not going to get possesed by that thing. It could kill you.” He says as he franctically pulls Jongin's arm.

It's fine, this is Kyungsoo.” He says as he sits next to the doll who now stands up.

I'm Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you, Sehun.” He says with a heart shaped smile that lessens Sehun's fright.

H-Hi.” Sehun mumbles as he sits next to Jongin. “Are you possessed?” Kyungsoo only looks at him and laughs.

No silly, I'm not evil. It just so happens, my soul is using this doll that looks like the orignal me as a vessle. I won't do any harm.” He smiles as he sits down on Jongin's lap.

Are you made out of porcelain?” Sehun asks, “Why is you're soul in that doll? Are you able to eat? Can you sleep?” Millions of questions spills out of Sehun's mouth as Kyungsoo answers on at a time. Sehun was a curious one.

XXXXXXXXXX

Too bad you can't stay the night.” Jongin pouts.

Yeah, sorry. I have to do work for Mr. Choi due tomorrow.” Sehun sighs as he stands up. “I'll see you on Monday, Jongin. See you Kyungsoo.”

Oh, Sehun.” Jongin says as he rushes towards the male. “Please, don't tell anyone about Kyungsoo.” Sehun smiles as he gives the two a thumbs up and walks out the door.

I like him. He's really nice.” Kyungsoo smiles as Jongin rolls his eyes mumbling a “You should see him acting crazy.” Which makes Kyungsoo smile, but Jongin doesn't. Instead he purses his lipsand breaths through his nose. A undescribable feeling in his chest hearing Kyungsoo's statement about Sehun. “I like him.”

The human and the doll sit on the human's bed watching a movie for hours, time passes by quick when you're with someone you enjoy being with. With a yawn Kyungsoo rests his head on Jongin's lap with tears running down the corner of his eyes caused from being tired. “Are you sleepy Soo?” Jongin whispers as he brushes strands off his forehead, forgetting that Kyungsoo was just a porcelain doll.

No, not really. Are you?” Kyungsoo asks looking up at the male who just shakes his head. “Hey, Jongin. May I ask you a question?”

Jongin nods. “Go shead, shoot.”

What does being in love feel like?” He asks, feeling his cheeks redden and a tingly feeling in his stomach.

Love.” Jongin says, the word rolling of his tounge. “Love is when you feeling the wings of butterflies in your stomach everytime you see them. When you feel empty when they're away from you. But honestly, love isn't something you can really describe. It's something you feel inside. It's when it pulls are your heartstrings and makes you smile and happy.” He smiles. “Why are you asking?” Jongin asks.

I just want to feel what being in love feels like. I don't remember how it feels. Maybe, one day I will be able to feel it once again. When the right person comes and loves me. But I know for sure that will never happen. I'k just a talking porcelain doll.” He smiles sadly. His words make Jongin's chest hurt.

I know you'll be in love one day. I promise.” He says as he softly combs Kyungsoo's brown locks with his fingers.

Kyungsoo continues to rest his head on Jongin's lap with tears running down his cheeks, learning to accept the cold reality once in for all.


I'm still alive you guys! (plays Big Bang Still Alive)

I'm sorry I haven't updated this in a month. I've been busy and I didn't really have any motivation to update until I reread everything

and because I was bored.

Welp, I hope you like this chapter, oh and if you don't mind, can you check out my newest Kaisoo stories?

Show Me Where You Hide

I'll See You Soon...

Sehun-EXO-K-random-33369238-500-265.gif