It's a Girl!

Can We Have A Daughter? - Hoya

Nine months later, you were in a hospital, laying on a bed with monitors beeping all around you. Doctors and nurses rushed around you while Hoya held your hand tightly while he kept his eyes on you while you clutched his hand tightly when another contraction hit you.

"Okay on the next contraction you are going to push" The doctor told you as the nurses got you into position, nodding your head, you let out a deep breath while your head knocked back against the pillow while Hoya pushed away some of your hair that stuck to your sweaty face.

Listening to the doctor, you followed his instructions as the next contraction brought a wave of pain over you. Pushing with all of your might, you closed your eyes and tried to breath. Catching your breath between contractions, you mumbled threats to Hoya as he kissed your head and just held your hand.

A few hours later, a triumphant sound of a baby’s cry filled the room. Nice and loud, the nurses carried the baby over to the little station they had set up while they wiped down the baby and checked its vitals. Closing your eyes, you eased your grip on Hoya’s hand while you gently pulled his hand to get his attention.

"Yes love?" Hoya leaned down and pet your hair gently as he couldn’t contain his happiness.

"We have just one baby right?" You questioned just to make sure

"Yes, just one for now" He chuckled and kissed your head as the doctor finished up with you. The nurses wheeled the baby out of the room to run some tests while you closed your eyes and relaxed against the hospital bed.

"Can you wake me up when our baby comes back?" You questioned breathlessly.

"Sure~" Hoya whispered, trying to be quiet so you could rest. "Jagi, did we decide on a name if it is a girl or a boy?"

"How about you name it if it is a girl and I will name the baby if it is a boy?" You opened your eyes to see his white teeth bite into his pink lip.

"I would love to" He smiled and leaned over and kissed your lips sweetly yet with a flair. "Thank you for our baby."

"It takes two but you are very welcome" You pressed your lips back onto his before you chuckled and your tired eyes started to close and you fell asleep.

A single voice brought you out of your sleep, that soft comforting voice that you loved and always seemed to wake up to. Fluttering your eyes opened, you blinked a few times to focus your vision as you watched Hoya face the window, hearing his voice, brought a smile to your face yet he turned around slowly while he lightly bounced a little blanket in his arms.

"Oh look Courtney~" Hoya cooed with a loving smile on his lips, "Mommy’s awake"

Slowly walking over to you, he eased himself down onto the edge of your bed.

"Say ‘Hi’ to your Mommy" Hoya cooed as he glanced up at her while your eyes took in the small angel in your husband’s arms.

"Is this really our baby?" You questioned thinking she is far too beautiful to ever be yours.

"She’s all ours" Hoya leaned over and kissed your cheek softly, "She’s so pretty just like her Mommy" He whispered in your ear while your eyes saw her brown eyes twinkle up at you while her little black hairs were combed down on her head with a little purple bow stuck over the fine hair.

Reaching out slowly, you brushed the backs of your fingers against her plump cheeks causing her to smile with her gums exposed as you two just beamed down at her. Her little hand reached up and wrapped around your finger before she yawned, her little face contorting cutely before she her lips. The two of you watched her eyes slide closed while she fell asleep in Hoya’s arms.

"So what did you name her?" You questioned thinking back to the deal you two made before you knew what gender the baby was.

"Courtney" Hoya cooed as he looked over at you, "Do you like that name?"

"I love it" You breathed before you leaned down and kissed her little fingers. "I can see why you wanted another girl" You shyly confessed.

"Don’t worry, we can have another baby and give you a boy" Hoya wrapped his other arm around you as the two of you leaned back and watched your little baby girl sleep.

"We may have to wait a year or two" You mumbled as you felt yourself relax against his shoulder

"Maybe three so we can get one kid down before adding another one" Hoya chuckled a little nervous about being a first time father.

"Don’t worry, you are doing great so far"