A Girl or Boy?

Can We Have A Daughter? - Hoya

 

Walking out to the car, he unlocked it while the bright sun reflected off of his black car. Helping you into the seat, he closed the door and headed over to his side. Pushing the key into the ignition, he started the car and shifted it into gear before taking the long way home.

"Are we ready to be parents?" You questioned looking over at Hoya while you threaded your fingers through his.

"I guess we have to be ready" Hoya chuckled and brushed his thumb over your fingers, "The baby is going to have the best parents in the world!"

"But how can we be the best parents?" You questioned a chuckle lining your words.

"We will just be ourselves and if we need help our mom’s can come over" He simply says while looking over at you with pure affection behind his eyes.

"You just make things sound so simple don’t you?" You laughed while your other hand lifted and ruffled his hair causing his laughter to join yours.

"So do you want a girl or a boy?" You questioned once your laughter died down.

"Girl!" Hoya cheered loudly, but you widened your eyes

"How do you want a girl?! That would just be another me!" You protested

"That is why I want a girl! I want a mini you running around!" Hoya smiled and shot his smoldering eyes your way in an effort to try and convince you otherwise.

"Besides…" He continued, "Little girls you can sing to and they can wear purple clothes and rock them to sleep and buy them cute bows to put in their hair and they will want you to cuddle up with them and read them princess stories with happy endings. You can dance with them and hold them forever and kiss them and they are just beautiful…" Hoya sighed content with his answer as you just saw his hope for a girl grow inside his heart.

"Well I want a boy" You whispered while you patted your stomach lovingly.

"Why?" Hoya chuckled almost giving you his famous stare

"Because~ You can play sports with them and go to the park all day and make pillow forts and play video games, then you can get cute little shoes and get dirty all day long!" You smiled as you started to explain seeing the little boys at the park as Hoya drove past.

Meanwhile Hoya saw a little girl on the street with her dad and he smiled, his heart warming up to the idea of having a little girl to call his own.

Driving through town, the two of you continued to try and persuade each other that one gender would be better than the other. Making up silly reasons causing each other to laugh, the two of you happily reached home while dreaming of the little boy or girl that you would get to bring into the world.