A Baby?

Can We Have A Daughter? - Hoya

Warm rays from the precious morning sunlight cast in through the closed blinds and onto the white duvet. A strong pair of shoulders stuck out form the top of the pure ivory sheets, carefully moving up and down with every shallow, sleepy breath. His toned arms moved lazily around you, pulling you into his relaxed chest, a soft hum came from your lips while your head slightly moved to rest on his upper arm.

Taking his time, Hoya, slowly started to open his eyes while a relaxed yawn spilled from his lips. His pair of chocolate eyes gazed down at your slightly disheveled hair, Lazily, his eyes traveled over your peaceful face, watching your black, fanned eyelashes contrast against your almost pale skin. Lifting one of his hands he brushed his fingers across your cheek, a soft hum came from your lips as he smoothly let his fingers trail down the side of your cheek. stirring slightly, you leaned into his touch before taking a deep breath and settling back into sleep.

"Do you feel okay? You look a little pale" Hoya mumbled under his breath while taking in your complexion.

Sliding his hand down down to your neck, he felt a slight warmth radiating from your skin causing his eyes to widen a little and fill with worry.

Spending a few more minutes with you, he gradually untangled himself from you and slipped out of bed. Pulling the covers back up onto your shoulders he slowly made his way to the kitchen while the sun made its climb higher in the sky. 

Making your favorite morning drink, he leaned against the counter meanwhile you turned over under the sheets. Your arms folding over the covers as your body felt too warm yet your tired eyes stayed closed. The cool morning air slowly moved over your warm skin before a pair of footsteps across the hardwood floor caught your attention.

A gentle tap of a glass on your bedside table captured more of your attention, feeling a dip on your side of the bed your tired eyes forced themselves open. Hoya sat there with his grey tank top hanging against his skin while his purple pajama pants hung loosely around his legs. One of his hands pressed into the bed on your other side, lifting his free hand up he rested it on the crown of your head.

"Morning Angel~" He cooed softly, quietly, you closed your eyes while you took a breath already feeling your body heat up.

"I don’t feel good" You whined quietly, your head lulling over to one side as his hand gently pet your hair.

"You do look a little pale, do you feel warm?" Moving his hand over your forehead then down your cheek he didn’t feel anything out of the ordinary. Nodding your head, you pushed the covers down further exposing your body to the cool breeze.

"I’ll get you some medicine and be right back" Trying to keep his voice down, he leaned over and kissed your forehead softly.

Sitting up slowly, he walked into the bathroom and looked through the multiple bottles of medicine in the cabinets. Finding a medicine that would work the best for you, he twisted off the top and walked back to you with two little blue pills cradled in the palm of his hand with a small glass of water in the other.

"Here sweetie, take these" He sat next to your shoulders and helped you slowly sit up before you took the pills from his hand and gulped them down before you relaxed into the bed again.

"Thank you" You whispered letting your tired eyes meet his.

"No problem, just rest okay? I will come back in and check on you once I let the manager know I won’t be coming in today." Hoya played with your hair, nodding your head, he watched your exhausted eyes close.

A few hours passed before you whined and hummed in discomfort, Hoya looked over from the pages of his book and ran his fingers through your hair slowly trying to calm you down. The gentle touch beckoned you to open your eyes while your head pounded from a pressing headache. Watching your eyes open then slowly close, you lightly rested your head on his thigh.

"How are you feeling?" Hoya questioned lovingly, letting his fingers play with the ends of your hair.

"Worse…" You croaked while you tried to concentrate on your breathing rather than the aching pain around your body.

"C-Can we go and get you looked at by a doctor?" Hoya suggested hesitantly, "I just don’t know what else to do…"

Sliding your eyes open for a minute you saw the pure concern behind his eyes. Letting a slow breath out of your lungs, you nodded your head slowly. Carefully moving your head from his leg, he marked his place in his book before he pulled a pillow under your head so he could go change out of his pajamas. Once he was changed into some ripped jeans and a simple sweater, he grabbed a jacket of his and came over to you. Helping you sit up slowly, you rested your throbbing head on his shoulder while he moved your arms through the jacket.

Helping you up to your feet, he wrapped his arm around your waist and kept you against him so you wouldn’t fall. Going at your pace, he made his way with you to his car and pulled open the door. assisting you into your seat, he buckled you into the seat before closing the door and walking around to the driver’s side.

Starting the car, he buckled himself in before his right hand took your hand into his.

"Just close your eyes and relax, we will be there soon" Hoya rubbed his thumb over the knuckles on your fingers, nodding your head gently you leaned your head against the door and closed your eyes.

Driving carefully to the nearest clinic, he pulled into one of the lined parking spaces. Turning off the car, he unbuckled himself and kissed your hand before slipping his hand out of yours. Going around to your side, he helped you out and locked his car before helping you inside.

Finding a few open seats in the waiting room, he filled out the paperwork with your head on his shoulder as you whispered what to write for the questions. Once he turned in the paperwork, you two waited just a few minutes until they showed you back to a bed and laid you down.

Hoya made sure that you are comfy as he pet your hair and pushed it out of your face and behind your ear while holding onto your hand lovingly as the two of you waited for the doctor to arrive. A nurse pushed the curtain aside and gathered all of your vitals before holding open the curtain for the doctor.

Passing the clipboard to him, he bowed to the nurse as he stepped inside of the curtained room. Looking over your vitals that were just taken, he lifted his eyes and bowed to the two of you.

"Hello, I am Dr. Kim. I read your report that you wrote up and your vitals all look normal, I just want to know what is going on to get to the bottom of this." His blue scrubs hung over his tall figure while he stood next to your bed.

"Did she have a fever?" Hoya questioned knowing that he felt some heat to your skin.

"She had an elevated temperature but nothing to bring up a red flag" Dr. Kim explained.

After explaining everything, he nodded along to what the two of you were telling him.

"I would like to run a few blood tests and lab workups if that is okay with the two of you, just so we can rule out a few things that I have in mind," Dr. Kim asked, you looked over at Hoya as he gently nodded and held your hand tighter. Letting in another nurse, she started to prep you and your arm for drawing your blood.

Filling vile after vile full of blood, Hoya rubbed your hand with his as you kept your eyes on his as he told you about funny things s did to try and keep your mind off of anything.

The nurse left the room shortly as the two of you continued to talk like best friends. That is one thing that you loved about your husband, he always made you feel happy despite of the circumstances.

Hours ticked away before the results came back and the doctor appeared in your room once more.

"Can I please speak to you out here Mr. Lee?" Dr. Kim inquired as Hoya pointed to himself as the doctor nodded and turned to walk out of the curtain again.

"I’ll be right back babe" He whispered against your forehead before he kissed it gently leaving the nurse to take a new set of vitals.

Watching the nurse, you heard a hushed conversation start and end before Hoya came back in and resumed holding your hand while you looked over at him.

"They want to take one more test on you, then they think that they might have an answer" Hoya explained to you, nodding your head shyly, you rested your head back onto the pillow.

"Okay" You held his hand a little tighter as the nurse prepped you for the next test.

After a few more hours a waiting, the test came back and so did the doctor.

"Do you have the answer?" You questioned as Dr. Kim pulled up a chair and sat next to your bed.

"We did find what was causing all of your symptoms" The doctor looked over at Hoya then back at you, "You’re pregnant"

The air seemed to get out of your lungs while the world froze in that moment, your heart started to beat a little faster as your free hand moved over your stomach.

"Are you sure?" You questioned looking down at your stomach.

"Your symptoms make sense, hot flashes, headaches, aches and pains, along with the elevated lab tests and the pregnancy test came back positive" Dr. Kim reasoned with you.

Feeling Hoya’s grip tighten on your hand, you looked up at his bright face, a smile strung from one ear to the other while excitement twinkled behind his chocolate eyes.

"Jagi, we are going to have a baby!" Hoya couldn’t contain his happiness as he placed a kiss on your head then on your hand.

"Congratulations and you two are free to go, but if you need any help, here is a OB/GYN that you can call if you have any questions." Dr. Kim stood up as Hoya bowed to him and thanked him for his hard work.

"Just sign these papers for me and then we can release you" The nurse said with a smile as Hoya signed them and helped you up from the bed.

"A baby?" You questioned out of disbelief

"Yes jagi we are going to have a baby" He smiled and helped you sit up slowly, making sure that you were extra careful. Once the nurse left the room Hoya wrapped his arm around your waist and helped you out of the room.