Meeting Joe

Build-A-Chibi Workshop

Minsoo finally opens the door. As the old school door creaks open, a highschool boy sits at a large desk flipping papers around.

".. Minsoo.." says the boy at the desk.

The boy looks at me and gives me a weird look. He then looks at Minsoo for an explanation.

"This i-"

"I know who she is." Who I assume is Joe cuts in.

"Well don't just stand there. Come in." 

Minsoo and me step inside a large office. It looks different from the rest of the school. Like it is a whole seperate building.

"How do you know who I am?"  I ask trying to start conversation.

"I'm the school president. I know everyone." Joe smiles up from his papers.

He really does seem official. He sits in his large office chair. Even the chair itself seems to look upon the school.

"So I heard you lost your munchkin" 

I have a hard time putting what he says into context somehow. 

"Is that what they are called? Yes. I lost her."  

"Why, what do you call them?" 

I suddenly blush at the stupid idea. I did not want to tell him. "Chibi" it seems so puerile.

"I just didn't really know what to call them I guess... what are they exactly?"

"We still don't know exactly. Usually one or two appear every year."  Minsoo says trying to be a part of the conversation.

"Hmm, that is pretty peculiar."  I say starting to get a little curious.

"So you must have one, too? Can I see it?" 

I see a flash of red and my heart stops. Benny leaps down from Minsoo and begins tromping along the desk. Until I finally get a good look at him.

"Oh my gosh that is awesome!!" I say trying to get a better look at it without touching.

Joe laughs at my reaction. "His name is Mushu"

"Ohh I get it!" 

 

Suddenly another knock came to the door. We all turned around. 

"Just a moment!" yells Joe.

Minsoo and me take it as our cue to leave until the door opens.

He seems to stare telling me he is still mad. As he walks to the desk I watch as he walks right past me. Joe seems to somehow know what is going on. As he looks between us.

Sure enough Xiao is knawing bamboo on Ricky's shoulder. He tries to pretend I am not in the room as he places a folder on Joe's desk. He is on his way out until

"Ricky.. you by chance know what happened to Mi-young's munchkin?" says Joe folding his hands and resting his chin on them. He seems to be analyzing him.

"I have no idea.." says Ricky looking at Joe from the corner of his eye. He gives me a good glare and shuts the door.

"Yup.. Ricky has her." Joe says as soon as he is out of earshot. He throws his feet up on the table revealing his converse. All as he throws his arms behind his head and leans back. Letting out a "I'm getting real sick of your " sigh.

"What do we do?" Minsoo impatiently asks. Wondering if he should go get him.

"Keeping one is hard enough work. Keeping two would be mind bending. It is like watching two toddlers 24/7. He'll give up soon enough."

Somehow everything he says always makes sense. Although he looks like an average high school student. Matter of fact he looks like a troublemaker. Joe seems very official. His dyed red hair, converse, and beanie says ringleader. Yet his voice and his mind says chief. I smile at him as I go to the door.

"Oh and Mi-young. Would you mind playing babysitter tomorrow? You are a freshman so you have no serious schoolwork yet do you?"

"Well I can't just skip out can I? I think my mom would kill me."

"You can if the school president says so. Also your mom won't know if I tell teachers and nobody else to tell her. I'll teach you the lessons. You and Chunji are on duty tomorrow. It would be a huge help. Plus, Chunji is a moron and I don't trust him."

"You really like playing a god don't you? Yeah, that sounds fun actually." I shut the door and my laughs slowly disappear.

________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I know it is shorter! I am supposed to be doing Health class right now so I quick wrote one down. Next should be longer then this one! Also comments are my favorites. I like them more than upvotes even so be sure to leave one if you like! Thank-you for reading!