Minsoo's Past

Build-A-Chibi Workshop

"Come ON Mi-young-ah!" Chunji says calling to me.

We have been wandering forever it seems like! Chunji decided to come along and help Daniel and me search for Miu. Finally we stop and rest at the house. I plop on the loveseat in defeat. Daniel comes and sits on the arm of the couch and looks at me. I can feel myself blushing as I try to escape his gaze.

 

"Mi-young... You have not give up yet have you?"

"No, I have not even started yet. This is just the beginning." I say smiling up at him.

 

Daniel smiles down on me and chuckles. It feels like the sun on a warm spring day. I like it when he smiles. We hear the front door open and slam shut. I hope its Ricky. We both watch the front walk-way and sure enough its Changjo. Daniel introduced us this morning. 

 

"Hi Changjo!" I chirp welcoming him in.

 

"What have you guys been up to?" He says hanging up his bag and his jacket. Occasionally turning around and smiling.

"We have been searching for Miu."  says Daniel obviously questioning why he was not here to help.

Changjo turns around and stands tall and raises an eyebrow. "I meant you two.."  He says it with a slight smirk.

 

Me and Daniel look at eachother in confusion. Until half a second later he gets a surprised look on his face and backs away from the sofa. He begins stuttering and getting slightly angry.

 

"I-If you were here we may have found her. Even if you didn't it would mean a lot if you at least try! Where were you?!" Daniel declares.

"I asked you a question first." says Changjo obviously enjoying the effect his words had on him a second ago.

"Are you two a thing?" I ask half wondering half trying to lead away from the conversation.

"What? No! Are you crazy? What do you think this is Asian Fanfics or something?" Changjo says looking literally shot by my words.

 

"Joe had me on duty! I would have helped if I could have! I asked him if he has seen anything lately. He says nothing out of the ordinary other than Ricky pouting. What did you guys do to him?"

"He pushed Mi-young-ah a few hours ago! He is freaking crazy sometimes I swear." Daniel responds

"... Ricky..." I say unconsciously. Even though I only met him once before. He seems like the kind of guy who would never be truly angry. What I did must have really hurt him. I want to know why.

I stop and look around and find both boys staring at me. And then I heard someone barreling down the stairs behind us. 

"She likes Ricky." says Min-soo moving from the stairs toward the door.

Dare I talk back to him? I know he is the oldest hyung of the boys. 

 

"Who is Joe?" I ask trying to pretend I did not hear the remark.

"He is kind of our leader. He is normally upstairs. But today he has class president things to do at school." says Daniel.

"M-Min-soo? Are you going to see him? Can I come with you?" I ask. He stops in the process of putting on his jacket 

"No." He says walking out the door with Benny on his shoulder.

 

I run after him and catch up.

"What is he like?" I ask trying to distract from the idea I followed him anyway.

"He is a bit bossy. Not irritating like the rest of you. That is why he is leader." I start playing with Benny on his shoulder as his tail playfully swishes back and forth.

"Benny is so cute!" I say beginning to play with him slightly more rough.

"He is a tiger how the heck is he cute? Don't call him cute." Just at that moment Benny let out a little yawn. It even sounded adorable.

I looked away trying not to laugh. It seems our Chibis resemble us. What if Min-soo has a secretly playful and sweet side?

"shutup" Min-soo says playfully trying not to smile or look at me as well.

 

"Why don't you like the other guys Min-soo?" 

"Becasue they are childish."

"What is wrong with being a little childish? It's fun and makes you feel a bit better."

"I am the oldest of my family and my Dad left us.. I don't have much of a choice but to act grown at least most of the time."

"In that case.. Wouldn't it be good for your younger siblings to be childish?"

"Well... Yeah but what does that have to do with me being childish?"

"I am sure they look up to you. They might do the same and think they have to be serious most of the time.. Don't get me wrong you playing Dad for the family has to be one of the coolest things I have ever heard. But playing big bro once in a while wouldn't hurt."

We trudged up the hill in silence. And for once I think I saw him genuinely smile. When we reached the top and started heading towards the school he finally broke the silence.

"Yeah, that sounds pretty good. But I don't know how.."

"It goes a little something like this!" I say pushing him and dancing away.

He smiles at me and says "Nah that didn't look right.. I think it goes more like this!" He says pushing me and picking me up.

"See! You're a natural!" I exclaim slung over his shoulder. Benny is prancing around on his other shoulder.

He starts holding me over a garbage can and I start screaming and laughing. 

"Save it for the kids!! Save it for the kids!!!" I say as I got closer to touching it.

 

Finally we stand outside of Joe's room. I am guessing. And the fact that Min-soo looks so hesitant to open it scares me. Even Benny looks scared. He holds onto the handle and takes a big breath.