Please don't make me perform this alone Minnie!?

Maximum

Yunho takes his position onstage surrounded by the TVXQ dancers. The stage was dark as he listened to the countdown in his earpiece and the fans screaming in anticipation. This was it. The first time TVXQ would perform as a duo at the SM Town 2010 concert. Yunho took a breath to calm his nerves. Changmin had seemed more quiet than usual and Yunho didn't want to make the maknae any more nervous than he already was. The truth though - Yunho was scared as hell. He glanced at the dancers who have stuck by them for years. They give encouraging nods and Yunho closes his eyes as he hears "3... 2...... 1.." in his ear. The lights come up, the opening music to Maximum begins and the performer in Yunho takes over. For the first part of the song, he must perform alone but as the leader he feels that, rightly, he should be 'thrown to the lions' so to speak.

He and his bandmate have practiced this song countless times. The two of them could perform it without even concentrating. However, as his beginning part came to an end, Yunho glances stage left where Changmin should be waiting to make his appearance onstage. Changmin was not there. Yunho, not wanting to appear panicked, continues his part as the fans chanted and screamed, sneaking another glance backstage. His manager and a few other disheveled looking members of staff were frantically gesturing to him - their arms crossed in an X. Clearly meaning - no Changmin.

The maknaes section of the song was about to start yet where was he?! "Please do not make me perform this alone Minne, I can't do this without you!!" Yunho chanted in his head. But as his performance faltered, at a loss of what to do now his part was over, he hears his manager hyungs voice interupting the music in his earpiece "KEEP GOING!". , Changmin really was going to make him do this alone. Deep breath. Yunho indicates to the dancers to keep performing as Yunho begins the rest of the song.

It's not perfect and certainly didn't feel right to perform a TVXQ song as a solo. Yunho hoped the fans liked it and saw it as a once off special solo performance. The leader - being a dancer at heart - has all of Changmin's dance moves memorised and he was relieved he had remembered all the lyrics, as the verses in Maximum are quite similar.

Thinking it was over and Yunho could run back stage, find his insufferable maknae and kill him within an inch of his life for abandoning him on the first song of their comback performance, a dancer grabs his arm to stop him. The lights go down and the intro music to their new song Wae (Keep Your Head Down) begins. Yunho thinks he is about to cry. He cannot and will not perform this song without TVXQ's other half. Ripping off his mic and running backstage, Yunho quickly tells his manager to play the music for a dance break that TVXQ and the back up dancers had been practicing. The dancers could perform it alone while he went in search of his younger bandmate.