1/1

Furball

"What is that?" Jessica asked staring at the white fur rat that was running around her living room. Tiffany looked up at her with a wide grin, hair falling over her face in the most perfect way, and laughed grabbing a hold of the furball for her girlfriend to see.

"This is our puppy,"

"Our puppy?" The look of disgust on Jessica's face couldn't be hidden no matter how much she tried to control her face.

"Yes? Isn't he cute?" Tiffany's smile faltered turning to a frown as she watched Jessica glare at him.

"No, he's a lot of responsibility," Jessica directed her glare at Tiffany instead before moving past them and going back to their bedroom to change. "Why do you need a dog anyways? Why didn't you ask me?!" Tiffany ran after her wringing her fingers nervously as she stood in the doorway like a child

"We talked about it last week." Jessica came from their closet to give Tiffany a look of disbelief. Sure they had talked about actually getting a puppy but that was for years from now when they had a house and stable jobs.

"Think of something better than that." Jessica continued to change her clothes as Tiffany bounced nervously.

"I just...I don't know I need something..."

"To do?"

"Yes, so I was out and I thought, why not look? So I went to a pound and I saw him and I couldn't help myself I needed him! That's my puppy." Her eyes were shining and she was giving Jessica this hopeful look that always made her heart beat faster.

"Look I know that things have been rough," Jessica grabbed a hoodie off her shelf and put it on before walking over to Tiffany "and losing your job wasn't in the plan," Tiffany looked down at her hands but Jessica grabbed her chin so she'd look at her. "But do you really think this is something we need right now?"

"No, but that's my puppy, and I have interviews lined up..." She backed away from Jessica leaning against the bedroom door. "I have been feeling worthless since I lost my job last month and honestly I'm so happy to finally be happy...or close to happy. I saw him and instantly felt better. I know I didn't think it through or ask but -"

"No...if you're happy then I guess he can stay we just have to adjust a few things." Tiffany's eyes lit up instantly and her smile reappeared.

"Thanks I love you! Let's name him!" She gave Jessica a kiss before running back into the living room.

Jessica followed already starting to think of ways they can fix their spending to make this okay. Of course watching Tiffany actually seem to be genuinely happy for the first time in weeks made her heart warm. This was definitely a bad idea, and they would probably end up homeless trying to pay for this puppy but it would be worth it.