chapter three

The Farewell Trip

They were outside and waiting for the taxi. Sehun's pram has folded, bags full of snacks and foods from the fridge beside chanyeol's baggage and kyungsoo's. All their belongings. 

Suddenly every single word had found two meanings. The sideway was narrow, cars passing with so much speed that they made water splashing behind them. No one was walking. 

The taxi didn't arrive. Kyungsoo was hugging sehun and patting his head a little, then he gave him to chanyeol. Chanyeol held the baby, afraid that he might struggle to break free. His face had been trapped in a cotton fluffy blue hat. It somehow made chanyeol feel uncomfortable. He smelled like babies, like milk and carrot puree, eyes big and shiny. Chanyeol couldn't bear his stare. He looked away, staring at the street. What a place! 

The Street was on a highway which leaded to a park that messy ducks were swimming in a full moss lake, in the center of the city, where it seemed like that someone had poured dusts of graveyards on its ground. It was near the hospital and twenty minutes of walking with a child who just had learned to walk by himself. 

Sehun turned around, wondering where chanyeol was looking at from his embrace. Rain and grey buildings, nothing for showing off. 

"maybe it would be better to call for a taxi again. "

Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo didn't respond and maybe it showed that the wasn't any problem to call again. 

In chanyeol's opinion, kyungsoo mostly would tell his thoughts without any talking. Just silence and he could tell his comments. In other situations, chanyeol had definitely protested, but kyungsoo was baekhyun's husband. They had a child and when baekhyun dies, kyungsoo would be his widow. The thing between chanyeol and baekhyun had happened long time ago for him to have a right. Chanyeol was thinking that this situation seemed like a joke, otherwise he wouldn't be here, in Busan, but even being here wasn't change the fact that baekhyun was dying. 

 

The taxi stopped by the street. The driver was frowning, too lazy to get out and drown his shoes in water holes, not even wanting to empty the trunk for their things. 

Kyungsoo took sehun from chanyeol and smiled at the driver. Chanyeol sat on the front seat. The driver passed a child safety seat back for sehun with an intenseexpression. Kyungsoo put sehun on his lap with a smile then they started to go. 

A well made wiper, music from the radio, local transmitter, stupid conversations...dang...then another song. 

They arrived at the hospital, with its seven floors and 25 windows in each one. The 3rd window from left in the 6th floor was the one that baekhyun had been sleeping on its room, breathing in and out, in and out, its door always open. 

His breathing was so loud that you could hear it when you get out of the elevator.

The first time chanyeol had gone to the hospital, kyungsoo said that "You'll be shocked when you see him" and it was true. 

 

Chanyeol didn't look up to see the window. They drove up and exited the city, a short distance, then they passed from a jungle, and then arrived to a town.

The driver was coughing badly. Kyungsoo told from the backseat "Number.12" . Chanyeol paid for the car fee. The driver took their things out of the trunk and murmured something , then sat in the car and drove away, leaving chanyeol , kyungsoo and sehun to stand on the street, looking at their new place.

A newbuilt white apartment, single floored with a greenhouse - that had big plants pushed themselves to the glasses - stick beside it. On the front coloury door window was a witch with rural rig sitting on a broom, swinging by the wind and rustling. Chanyeol could almost imagine the sound of doorbell.

The weather was chilly. Suddenly the scent of rain filled their noses, wet leaves and the moist ground.

***

 

Chanyeol had gone to the hospital before noon, after breakfast. One of the doctors once had said that "some people die easier when they're alone, leave him be a bit , don't torture yourself "

But baekhyun was alone, from 1.am to 10.am, the nine hours that he had breathed and hadn't died.

Chanyeol was sitting beside baekhyun's bed that day, till 12.am. First, the right side of the bed, then the other side. The room used for what it was useful of. The wardrobe, washbowls, a door to toilet, a pulishid linoleum on the empty space of a bed that was once there with a patient on it. The nurses had took the bed away without any special reason and transferred the patient to another room.

Chanyeol's back was to a window which viewed the city and a couple of hills, when he sitted at the right side of the bed.

A the left side was the IV bag, but he could lean on the door of wardrobe and look at the row of hills, when his eyes couldn't bear to see baekhyun anymore. His face, baekhyun was sleeping with open eyes, all the time. Head twisted towards the light, the grey daylight; like a plant. Even with open eyes he sounded like he was sleeping, but maybe this situation too, had another reason. Dizzy and numb because of morphine, drowned in the waves of images or ... maybe nothing. 

Baekhyun had sighed deeply for a few times. Chanyeol would took his hand sometimes. His hand was warm and so familiar.

The door was closed, the sound of nurses' heels were comforting, the ringing phone of nursery unit, the sound of moving elevator, whispers and laughters, shuttling, the sound of hospital handcart with foods in it when passed from the rooms, sometimes one of the nurse nuns came to the room.

An old nun came a few times. Chanyeol thought that she comes here mostly to see him than checking on baekhyun.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yes, for now."

The nun was standing behind the bed, grabing the metalic rail an titling her head to look at baekhyun, with interest.

Baekhyun with open mouth and dark gums, eyes toward the window.

Nun had looked at chanyeol and asked that what kind of person baekhyun was. Chanyeol was sitting straightly, leaning on the wardrobe door, sinking in his seat.

"What do you mean? You mean what did he do?"

The nun had suddenly put her hands up and down which cause the bed to move slightly and the said

"Well I mean, how he had spent his life? what had he reached?"

They both looked at baekhyun and chanyeol thought that this woman could never see and understand that how baekhyun was, what he used to be look like, how he talked, how he had put up with his life. The nun was looking at the dying baekhyun, how could she understand anything?

Chanyeol had said with a little pause

"I can say that he was a magician, an artist, you know, he would trick anyone with his charm, he could somehow read people's mind...but...he would let you know to learn his tricks, like he wanted you to know it...well...i don't now how to put it in words..."

But the nun had said that she though like this too, with an indifferent look and unjudged tone. It was hard to tell that she was agreeing with him or pitying him. she said

"Well, this is not going to last long."

Then had left the room.

It was always like this, whe she didn't know what to say back.

 


A/N: helllooooooo!!!! sorry it took me too long to update the next chapter -___-

anyway thanks for views and subscribes....im really happy guys^^

please look forward to next chapters too ^^

aaaaaaaaaand sorry for mistakes and grammer errors...