Chapter one

The Farewell Trip

But baekhyun didn't die. Not Monday night nor Tuesday. It could be expected that he die on Wednesday or Thursday night. Chanyeol somehow recalled that he had been heard somewhere that most people die in the nights. Even doctors wouldn't commented anymore. They'd just shrugged and showed their empty aseptic palms.

"We can't do much... sorry"

Therefore chanyeol, Kyungsoo and his child sehun had to look for a place, another home, because baekhyun wouldn't dying and the current place was so small. They needed two bedrooms, at least one for kyungoo and sehun, and one for chanyeol, with a livingroom and TV for nights. A kitchen with necessary tools at least for the child. A bathroom with a bathtube, a yard and windows with a good view.

 

***

 

Baekhyun had patients' clothes with blue patterns. He was like a piece of bone with thin layers of skin. Just his hands had remained like before, even fresher and softer. On the table beside his bed was just a bottle of water and a glass with a straw in it.

But baekhyun wasn't even drinking anymore.

 

***

 

Chanyeol packed his things, pajamas, three T_shirts, three sweatshirts, a simple pant, underwears and a book. He sat on the fescue sofa between cushions and rolled a green plastic ball - which would made strange sounds while moving - toward sehun. 

sehun could stand behind the short coffee table in the livingroom, with his little hands like what a great thing he just had done. He'd held the edge of the table firmly and didn't react to the ball coming to him, he said for a few times with an hesitating tone "rabbit", clearly.

Kyungsoo was speaking with a man on the phone who willingly wanted to rent his house which was on the other side of the town, with a cheaper price

"Three rooms, with a yard and good view."

"How about a washing machine?"

"Yes, of course, and it's nearer to the hospital than your current place."

The current place had withered daisies on the vase above the kitchens' cabinets, a picture of a sunset on the wall above the TVset, a single bed beside the wardrobe that chanyeol was sleeping on it. a huge bed on the corner , a fescue sofa beside the window.

The curtains were opened and you could see the parking of a supermarket from the window. Cars were parking there or leaving, people with shopping bags full of their things.

"Catholics' hospital. My husband is in the catholics' hospital."

kyungoo said on the phone. He was sitting on the edge of the bed with his head resting on his palm and chanyeol staring at his back.

Finally sehun decided to go for the ball. He grabed it and moved it, amazed by the sound it made.

kyungsoo came to hold sehun and then told him

"We are leaving here for a better place, you have to see, there is a bathtube in the bathroom, it has a little garden, we can go out every day. Trees...grasses... maybe a rabbit? who knows? Maybe we manage to catch one"

sehun was silent, looking at chanyeol. a deep and full of haze stare, his saliva running down to his chin. 

Afterall, it was baekhyun's child and very similar to him.

In the end baekhyun fell into his death bed in Busan. For chanyeol, this name had a poetic echo somehow, but it was vain, because for a dying person , the place didn't really matter and he accidentally ended up dying here, in catholics' hospital of busan, far from home waiting to welcome his fate. If he could, he would've joked about it, but he couldn't anymore. He had cancer and they injected morphines. He was gone actually. He couldn't even tell the voice baekhyun made when chanyeol was sitting beside him was a sign of pain or confirmation.

It has been a week that doctors wouldn't do anything. They'd just appear in the scene from habit. Sometimes to check if he has a fever or measured his pulse. They were saying that he is going to die, for a few day now, but he wouldn't. Just breathing in and out, in and out .

That was all.

 

 


 

A/N: okaaaay first chappy...sorry that english is not my first language and you have to bear with my typos and grammer mistakes.

next chapter will be up soon

comment and subscribe plz ^^