Broken Hearts Club

Why Not?

"What did Chanyeol say about me?", Baekhyun whispered as soon as him and Sehun sat down. Sehun calmly opened the menu and pretended to look at the drinks even though Baekhyun already knew he was going to order bubble tea.

"Oh, come on!", he whined impatiently and kicked Sehun's knee under the table. "Just tell me already!".

"Not with that attitude", Sehun replied and smiled at Chanyeol who had just arrived, ready to take their orders.

"Ah!", the tall, black haired boy shouted and pointed at Sehun. "I already know what you'll order! Bubble tea, right?". When Sehun nodded, Chaneyol smiled proudly, forgetting to write it down and then turned torwards Baekhyun. "You, however, I have no idea. You've been here just once and you didn't seem to enjoy the tea much so, I'm guessing... Coffee? Black?"

"Do I really seem that bitter?", Baekhyun said, unwilling to admit that Chanyeol's guess was right but he couldn't stop himself from smiling when he saw the boy's face. He seemed so enthusiastic and amazed by everything, like a puppy that you just couldn't hurt. "Yeah", he finally said, "You're right" and Chanyeol clapped happily, yet again forgetting to write down the order.

"I'll be right back! Don't you dare cry while I'm away!", he shouted and vanished behind the kitchen doors before Baekhyun had a chance to defend himself.

"He's... charming". Sehun's silent laughter made Baekhyun feel uneasy and he hid his face behind the menu.

"He's annoying. And loud. And..."

"Charming?". Sehun was now obviously grinning.

"Shut up".

"But you're a real player, you know. A few hours ago you were sulking over Kyungsoo and now you're already flirting with a new guy". Baekhyun hit Sehun with the menu and shushed him with his finger. Why was he suddenly being so loud? Why couldn't he just be his usual, calm self?

"I'm not flirting with anyone!", he rushed to explain, "And even if I was, I certainly wouldn't flirt with someone like Chaneyol! He's so-..."

"I'm so, what?". Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol's serious face petrified. Wasn't he supposed to be in the kitchen? What was he doing, standing behind him with a card in his hand? The longer Baekhyun remained silent he could sense Chanyeol's enthusiasm slowly fading, his smile disappearing, his eyes turning vacant.

"Oh", the tall boy whispered. "I see. I'm sorry. I just-... I'm sorry".

When he was about to leave Baekhyun felt the urge to stop him, to explain that he didn't need to apologise, that he hadn't done anything wrong but he couldn't. All he could do was stare at Chanyeol's figure as it was slowly moving further and further away.

"Wait", he finally whispered when Chanyeol was no longer visible leading Sehun to hieve a deep sigh.

"Too late, man. Too late".

Their drinks were served by a different waiter and Chanyeol didn't come out of the kitchen for the rest of the evening. Baekhyun was growing restless, turning his head every now and then to check whether the boy was near him or not. He had to speak to him and clear things. He didn't want another mess and yes, he was terrible with feelings and situations like these but the least he could do was explain himself. He was capable of that, he hoped he was.

In the end, he didn't hear a word of whatever Sehun was talking about and when it was time to leave, Baekhyun stepped out of the shop only to find himself wanting to run right back in.

"You're a terrible person", Sehun suddenly said.

"Yeah, I know". At this point, disagreeing with the only person that was actually willing to help didn't make sense.

"Then go and fix things".

"How?"

Sehun smiled, and for the first time it was a genuine, friendly smile. "Is that big mouth of yours useful only when it comes to mocking?". And with that final question, he wished him goodnight and left him standing alone, outside the shop. Only then Baekhyun realised that he didn't get the chance to ask him where he was during forth period at school but instead of giving it too much thought, he kept it as a footnote at the back of his head. Right now, he had more important things to take care of.

When he re-entered the shop he could feel a couple of curious eyes staring at him but he decided to ignore everyone and walked straight up to one of the waiters.

"Is Chanyeol here?", he asked and he felt his fingertips trembling.

The waiter looked at Baekhyun from head to toe and then pointed at a door that led to the back of the shop. When Baekhyun opened the door he found Chanyeol sitting silently at the back corner of the room. He carefully approached him, trying not to alert him but it was completely useless since, as soon as Chanyeol saw him, he jumped right up and pointed at him.

"You-... What-..? I thought you left!", he shouted surprised, trying to understand the situation.

"I did. And then I came back". Baekhyun had to keep his cool. At least one of them should be sane in order to have a conversation.

"But... Why?". Chanyeol's eyes looked like one big question mark and when he rushed to furiously wipe them, Baekhyun realised that this tall guy with the deep voice was actually a true idiot. Doing that gives you away, he thought. Even though it's obvious that you've been crying.

"You had a card in your hands. It was for me, right? Since it's mine, I wanna read it".

"No". Chanyeol hid a crumbled piece of paper behind his back. "It's stupid".

"I don't care". Baekhyun was prepared to snatch it away from him, even if he was much shorter and weaker in general.

"I can't show you. You'll make fun of me. I'm just an idiot after all, getting carried away by my feelings so easily, overreacting... It was all in my head, right? You were never actually interested in me, right? I always make the same mistake. I fall way to fast for people I barely even know, I create messes like this and-...".

Baekhyun sealed Chanyeol's lips before he could say anything else. He had to strain his neck and tiptoe but he didn't care, all he wanted was to reach that idiot's lips and shut them up for good.

"Give me... my... card", he whispered while leaning against Chanyeol's body between small, continuous kisses that felt a lot like teasing. However, the speechless Chanyeol wasn't going to obey. Wrapping his arms around Baekhyun's waist, he dragged him into a deep, long kiss that allowed him to properly taste his lips. He couldn't help but smile when he felt Baekhyun's fingertips touching the dried tearstains on his cheeks and as if the latter knew exactly what he had on his mind, he brushed his fingers through his thick, black hair, drawing his head even closer to his.

Their bodies were moving harmoniously, as if they were dancing to some imaginary melody that only the two of them could hear. It was a dance that Baekhyun never wanted to end but as his hands moved downwards, torwards Chanyeol's jeans, the little daredevil inside him won.

"Aha!", he yelled victoriously and grabbed the card out of Chanyeol's pocket. "Dear Baekhyun", he read out loud, "You seem to be very sad and even though I've never seen it, I'm sure your smiling face is a million times better! So smile! And enjoy our delicious coffee!". Baekhyun slowly lowered the card and looked into Chaneyol's eyes trying not to burst into laughter. However, that wasn't even the most embarrassing part.

"Why-... Why did you sign it as the Broken Hearts Club?".

Chanyeol decided to let out a defeated whimper and turn his back to Baekhyun, in a desperate attempt to hide his flaming, red cheeks.

"I told you", he murmured. "I'm an idiot that falls way too fast and way too hard and only gets his heart broken in return. You seemed to be broken hearted as well so I thought I'd welcome you to the club".

Beakhyun didn't say anything until he couldn't withhold his laughter anymore.

"That is the cruelest joke I've ever heard!", he managed to say. He couldn't remember the last time he had laughed this hard and he thought he finally understood why Chanyeol didn't get offended the first time they met; his humor was even worse than Baekhyun's.

"You're laughing way too much", Chanyeol nagged. "You said you wouldn't laugh".

"I never made such a promise". Baekhyun gave him a cocky smile before kissing his burning cheek. "You really are an idiot, though. Who writes something like this for someone they've just met? You're way too reckless. Plus, it seems kinda desperate".

Chanyeol finally smiled again and pulled Baekhyun into another deep kiss.

"It worked with you, didn't it?", he whispered in his low, husky voice and Baekhyun wondered how someone with the looks of an innocent child could possibly transform into someone so y.

"You're an idiot". Baekhyun slightly bit Chaneyol's lip.

"We're both idiots". Chanyeol booped Baekhyun's nose with the tip of his own while staring into his eyes.

Baekhyun laughed and enjoyed the taller's hot breath on his lips and cheeks, wishing they'd never have to leave the narrow back room with the dim light.

"Can't argue with that".