Meeting

Why Not?

Baekhyun had never felt more awkward in his whole life. What was he doing, sitting silently with Sehun and Tao, drinking bubble tea? Hell, he didn't even like bubble tea. But he could never have what he really liked so he just kept on his straw, thinking that this should do for now.

His head was a mess. Too many things had happened so fast and no matter how much he tried, he simply couldn't concetrate, especially not with Tao whispering stuff to Sehun's ear.

"Why did you bring him? Jesus, Sehun, it's all his fault, why do we have to fix this? Let him get what he deserves". Tao's words were true, Baekhyun was willing to admit that much. But they were still hurtful.

"I can hear you, you know".

Tao narrowed his eyes when he turned torwards him. You could clearly tell he didn't care about being rude or mean. The boy with the short, black hair obviously disliked Baekhyun and he wasn't going to hide it.

"Good. I mean every word", he hissed. "People like you don't deserve sympathy. I mean, you were bullying the person you liked. What did you think was going to happen? Did you honestly believe that Kyungsoo would just fall into your open arms after confessing your feelings? That's just stupid".

Baekhyun remained silent for a second, avoiding Tao's hostile eyes.

"I'm sensing there's more to it. What have I ever done to you? Why are you treating me this way?". Baekhyun didn't mean to sound whiny but he was sad and lonely and certainly not able to put up a tough front. However, Tao wasn't going to pity him, no matter what.

"Oh? I'm sorry, I guess I don't like bullies. Does that hurt your feelings?". Tao was stabbing Baekhyun with his words, one hit after another but he couldn't help himself.The Baekhyun did to Kyungsoo, calling him names, pestering him, making fun of his uality and decieving him, these things could not be forgiven so easily even if it was because of "love". He glanced coldly at the defeated Baekhyun and snorted. "You should have thought of getting hurt before acting like an ".

That was the final blow. Tao stood up, obviously proud of himself and headed torwards the restroom while nodding at Sehun to follow him. He had to clear some stuff with his boyfriend as well. Why did Sehun invite him and why was he supporting him? If Sehun actually agreed with Baekhyun's actions Tao decided that they were going to have one hell of a fight. Being bullied is not romantic, he thought to himself and tried to push the unpleasant memories from the past away.

As the two boys were whispering angrily and walking away, Baekhyun suddenly realised the he was left all alone. Not because his not-so-pleasant company was having a small quarrel but because, in just one day, he had lost both his best friend and the guy he liked.

"", he whispered and he felt his tears returning. Why did Jongin have to fall for Kyungsoo? Why did Kyngsoo have to like him back? And most importantly, why was he such a giant ? Things would've been so much easier if he had just been honest about his feelings. Maybe, if he had acted like a decent human being, things would've turned out differently. Maybe, Kyungsoo would be with him instead of Jongin. How could he things up so badly? "I should get an -of-the-year award", he thought to himself and snorted while wiping his eyes.

Tao was right. He didn't deserve anyone's help after all he had done. But the tall guy with the pointy ears didn't seem to care.

"Hey, man! Are you alright?". The low-pitched voice made Baekhyun flinch and when he turned around he found himself face to face with a dark haired boy with big, sparkling eyes. He looked like a giant from Baekhyun's point of view but whenhe took a closer look at his face, he realised he was more like a cheerful elf.

"What the-...". Baekhyun cleared his throat and glanced at the guy's polka dot apron. He was one of the waiters. "I'm fine".

The waiter left a deep sigh of relief and sat right next to him without asking for permission. "Thank god! I saw you crying when you came in with that blonde friend of yours so I thought that you were crying again!". His smile was genuinely warm and bright and for some reason, it made Baekhyun feel a tiny bit better.

"I'm Chanyeol!", he continued and pointed at his name tag enthusiastically, as if he was instroducing himself to a large group of people.

"Congratulations", Baekhyun murmured, diverting his eyes from the smiling elf. The stranger was nice but he seemed loud and nosy, butting into people's business like that. Baekhyun was in a really bad mood and the last thing he needed was someone like him, toying with his patience.

But Chaneyol didn't seem to get the idea.

"That's rude! You shouldn't be this rude to someone you've just met!", he scolded him while playfully punching Baekhyun's ribs. Baekhyun stared angrily at his stupid, smiling face. What was wrong with this guy? How could he act so familiar with a total stranger?

"Let's try it again!". Chanyeol extended his hand torwards Baekhyun. "Nice to meet you!"

"I'm-... I'm Baekhyun", he replied and suspiciously shook his hand. "Now that we have properly introduced ourselves, can I be rude?". His snarky comment was already rude but he didn't care much until he realised that like this were the reason Kyungsoo was making out with Jongin at that very moment instead of him. He was about to apologise when Chaneyol bursted into laughter while clapping his hands.

"You're funny, I like you!", he declaired and then got up when he heard one of the customers calling him. "Wait just a second!", he said and dashed into the kitchen.

Baekhyun was dumbfounded. He was being rude and dismissive the whole time, right? So why did that guy laugh? Why was he acting so friendly? What did that Chanyeol dude want from him? Baekhyun's confusion was getting worse and he felt as if his head was about to explode. Sehun and Tao were still in the restroom. Were they fighting? Were they making out? He didn't know and he didn't care.

Without saying a word, he stood up and left as quickly as he could. He really needed to spend some quiet time alone, away from everything and everyone. He had to clear the mess that was making his brain hurt and neither Sehun nor Tao could help. Chanyeol was only confusing him more, so he was no good either.

However, as he was leaving the shop, the thing he could feel the most were his burning, blushed cheeks.

"Idiot", he murmured.

"You're not supposed to laugh".