Just the Beggining

Beauty Is Not Always Beautiful

Jongin was running like he had never ran before and despite his athletic nature he was already out of breath when he entered the empty library.

"Kyungsoo!", he yelled with all his might, frightening the short boy in front of him. "I need to speak with you!", he declaired and grabbed the boy's waist before he could run away again.

"What... What do you want from me?". Kyungsoo carefully distanced himself from the sweaty man, trying to read the situation and understand what was going on.

"We barely know each other, right? Let's get closer. Start telling me things you like". Jongin knew he wasn't making much sense but he wanted to finally clear things up and that was the best way he could think of.

"Things I-... Uh, okay, well, I like watching anime about sports but I'm not that athletic". Kyungsoo stared at the dark skinned boy, wondering if that was what he wanted to hear and cleared his throat when Jongin furiously nodded and asked him to continue.

"I-... I like singing. And reading books. And-... I can't think of anything else", he whined, stomping his feet on the ground and hiding his blushed face behind his palms. "This is too-... What do you want?"

"My turn", Jongin replied and stepped closer to him, brushing the boy's hands away from his adorably pink coloured cheeks.

"I like football, obviously. But I also like dancing and many people don't know this that since I've kept it a secret. I like playing with my dogs. And lastly", he leaned torwards Kyungsoo's lips, "I like Kyungsoo". Without giving him time to process his words, Jongin softly kissed the boy as his eyes were getting wider and wider, hoping he wouldn't push him away.

Kyungsoo didn't know what to say. Did he really just hear Jongin confessing? Did his lips actually touched him again? But this time, it was different, he wasn't aggressive or impulsive. He was sweet and caring and Kyungsoo finally felt like this time, it was right, this time he was allowed to kiss back and so he did.

Jongin was pleasantly surprised when he felt Kyungsoo relaxing and opening his lips, allowing him to taste his mouth. He pulled him closer and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist victoriously, knowing that his feelings were accepted as the other was tiptoeing in order to reach his mouth and match his movements to Jongin's.

Their heads were moving in and out, locking their lips together for what it seemed like a small eternity. When Kyungsoo felt like he was getting drunk on Jongin's body softly brushing against his and his tongue reaching into him, he gently pushed him back.

"How?", he whispered. "I'm so not good for you. I mean, look at you. You're gorgeous".

Jongin laughed and held him tight in his arms so that wouldn't be able to escape anymore.

"I could say the same thing for you", he said and kissed the top of Kyungsoo's head. "My beautiful little weirdo".

Kyungsoo could feel his heart beating like crazy and as he was buried in Jongin's arms he wondered if he was actually dreaming all of this. How could Jongin call him beautiful? He pinched himself, just to be sure, making Jongin laugh even harder.

"What, you don't believe me?"

"How could I?", Kyungsoo replied and gave him a shy little smile. "Look at us".

"Listen to me, listen to me carefully". Jongin grabbed his chin and forced him to look into his eyes. "You say I'm beautiful but the truth is, just a few days ago, I was horrible to you. You, on the other hand, claim to be ugly but you have never treated someone as badly as I used to treat others. The thing is", Jongin cleared his throat, "beauty isn't always about being beautiful, you know?"

Kyungsoo was left speechless for a few seconds and then bursted into laughter.

"What is this? Jongin, part time football player, part time poet? You're just full of surprises today, aren't you?"

Jongin playfully pinched the boy's cheek and smiled.

"You have no idea. Actually, I have no idea either. I've never fallen for anyone before. So this is new to me as well".

Kyungsoo locked his fingers with Jongin's and closed his eyes, wishing that if that was a dream, he'd never wake up.

"Well then, I guess we'll figure this out together", he said, feeling like for the first time, his luck was pretty ing good.