Finally

Beauty Is Not Always Beautiful

"Something is obviously wrong with you". Baekhyun had been observing Jongin all morning and he had watched him turning angrier and angrier.

"That er, Kyungsoo", Jongin whispered and Baekhyun flinched when he heard the familiar name.

"What about him?", he asked, as naturally as he could.

"You said he was crazy about me, right? So why is he avoiding me?".

It had been almost a week since Kyungsoo ran away from him and he had been hiding ever since. Whenever Jongin would try to approach him he'd always escape, one way or another, making it impossible for Jongin to talk to him and that made him so obviously annoyed that it made Baekhyun laugh.

"I don't know, maybe the fact that you forced yourself on him kinda scared him, you know?". He wanted to be a good friend and support Jongin but he wasn't exactly a great friend to begin with. When he told Jongin about Kyungsoo, he expected him to either avoid the disgusting little ert or give him hell by making fun of him. He certainly didn't see this coming, Jongin slowly getting obsessed with the boy, but thankfully, Kyungsoo wasn't as stupid as he seemed and he didn't hand himself over as easily as Jongin thought he would.

Baekhyun smiled while thinking that the short boy with the chocolate coloured hair had guts to not only reject but also kick and avoid the most popular guy in school.

"Man", he whispered, "he's really something".

"What?". The last thing the irritated Jongin needed to know was that his best friend was deliberately sabotaging his plans because he had feelings for the boy that had been tormenting him for days.

"Nothing", Beakhyun replied with a smile. He felt relieved knowing that Kyungsoo finally gave up on Jongin because now maybe he'd notice someone new, someone that had his eyes one him ever since they met, even if he didn't know how to express himself properly. But this feeling of relief was starting to disappear as a furious Sehun was approaching them, making everyone in the cafeteria look at them.

"What the hell", Sehun hissed while grabbing Jongin's shirt. "Stop stalking my friend".

Jongin pushed Sehun's hand away and narrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean stalking? What did Kyungsoo tell you?"

"Just that you're constantly following him when he clearly doesn't want to see your stupid face". It was admirable how Sehun mentained his pokerface even in a situation like this and for some reason, that made Jongin even angrier.

"Where is he now?", he asked, as if it was a matter of life and death.

"Why should I tell you?".

"Because I need to talk to him".

"Not good enough", Sehun said and turned around ready to leave as quickly as he arrived. But Jongin couldn't let that happen, he had to see Kyungsoo and explain to him that-...

And then it hit him. He realised why he hadn't been able to forget the boy with the big eyes and plum lips. He suddenly grabbed Sehun's wrist, forcing him to stop walking and turn around.

"Please", he whispered, "I need to talk to him".

Sehun remained quiet for a few seconds and then he grinned victoriously.

"Finally", he said, "you realised it. Did I need to make a scene in order to open your eyes?". But Jongin didn't have time to congratulate Sehun and his brilliant plan.

"Where is he?", he asked, already feeling short of breath.

"Library".

As Jongin was running torwards the library in full speed Sehun had to stop Baekhyun from following him.

"What the hell-...?". Baekhyun didn't expect that at all, his plan to approach Kyungsoo was ruined. How did this happen?

"Aren't you kind of pathetic? Messing with other peoples' feelings just to make yourself feel better. Oh and just so you know, bullying the person you like never works. You should have figured that out by now". Sehun remained calm and stared coldly at the devastated Baekhyun. "You really are pathetic", he whispered and dragged him out of his seat.

"What-...? Where are we going?", Baekhyun asked more confused that ever.

"To get bubble tea. Come on, Tao is waiting".

"What the hell, why should I come?"

Sehun sighed but didn't let go of his hand and kept walking. "Because even if you're an , you just got your heart broken. The best way to fix that is bubble tea so move".

"Why do you care if my heart is broken?". Baekhyun was trying to fully comprehend the situation but nothing made any sense. Why was Sehun helping him even though he clearly stated he found him pathetic?

"Because I don't want you meddling with my friend's affairs anymore. And in order for that to happen, you need to heal".

Baekhyun didn't fight back after hearing these words. He just silently followed the tall, blonde guy, hoping that no one would see his tears.