Hit Me with Your Best Shot

Hit Me with Your Best Shot

Park Chanyeol was late for his photography club reunion. He had been held back by a teacher that was scolding him for not paying attention to their class once again. But what could he do? All Chanyeol had in his mind has been either thinking of great shots he could take with his camera or video games. It definitely wasn’t the second because he hadn’t played video games since he picked up the camera, and since then, it’s been history.

He had a knack for taking great pictures. What other people dismissed as something irrelevant or not beautiful enough, Chanyeol thought the contrary. He saw things differently, in a different perspective from most people, and he used it to his advantage. It could be a simple picture of a tree, but he would take the shot in this manner of technique and grace that was mind blowing. Everyone he knew supported him with his dream of becoming a photographer because it wasn’t far off. If he was accepted to the university he applied to, where it was best known for their photography class, it would become a reality. Well, at least be in the process of it becoming a reality. Chanyeol never wanted anything more than to achieve his dream. He breathed taking pictures and he dreamt taking pictures. It was to such an extent that he didn’t pay attention to any of the youthful events in his high school life like going out with someone.

Chanyeol was a very popular boy with both girls and guys, but he didn’t care about any of that. He had received countless confessions but he turned down all of them. Granted, he didn’t have much experience in the dating department. However, just because of his lack of interest in dating, doesn’t mean he didn’t socialize at all. On the contrary, he was all over the place. He knew people from other grades (his best friends were younger than him by two years, Sehun and Jogin), he hung out with all kinds of people (even with some of the troublemakers like Jongdae and Kris), and he knew people from afar that were friends of his friends (like Minseok and Lay. They were Jongdae’s nice friends). Chanyeol was hardly alone and it was under stable.

However, on that day for the first time in forever, he was alone. Chanyeol was running desperately to his club reunion because he knew it was important. They were going to talk about what kind of activity they should do for the Cultural Festival (that was going to be in a few weeks), and he had a great idea he wanted to share out loud. He was thinking they could hold a mini museum of the photos they had taken over the past year so others could see. It was a great idea that involved everyone. But in reality, he just hoped people from other school would come over and see his works. A guy can dream, right?

It was around then as he was approaching his club room, he heard noises coming from a nearby classroom. His ears perked up a bit, and pushing aside the photography issue for a moment, he approached where he heard the noise coming from. Chanyeol peered over the window, and he saw that it was the Hapkido club they had was practicing. He was pretty sure it was one of the very few school it had a Hapkido club. It wasn’t exactly the most popular defense mechanism there was (that he thought of. He didn’t really know much about that stuff anyways). And just as he was about to return to his club room once more, he stopped in his tracks as his eyes were glued to an incredibly cute looking guy in that very classroom.

Okay, so apart from being an incredibly cute looking guy, Chanyeol had to wonder what he was even doing in there. The cutie had a rather feminine body structure and his face was just… delicate? It looked like he didn’t have an ounce of manliness in his bones. If anything, Chanyeol felt like he wanted to protect him from anything that would endanger his pretty little face. That was until, he noticed the cutie had the uniform of the Hapkido club and was getting in this stance.

The cutie’s opponent stood across him, in his stance too. They looked like they were getting prepared for something (Chanyeol wasn’t even sure what they were doing). But when he saw how the teacher blew on the whistle he had, and the cutie’s opponent flew his leg right towards him, his heart leapt. Unconsciously, his hand went to the camera he had over his neck and he pulled it up to take a picture. And it was then, the cutie had managed to counterattack brilliantly the other with a kick on his opponent’s legs, causing the other to fall to the ground. He looked so cool doing that kick, with his firm fists in front of him, his firm gaze never leaving his opponents, and that amazing low kick he did was just amazing. At this point, Chanyeol had forgotten all about his plans for the Cultural Festival and the photography club. His eyes were glued to the said boy in front of him, wiping his sweat from his forehead.

Could it be he finally found something else apart from photography at long last?

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

Before mustering all of his courage to talk to the cutie, Chanyeol had observed (stalked) the guy. His name was Byun Baekhyun (he asked around). They were in the same grade and yet, he never noticed the guy. Apparently, he hardly spoke to anyone in his class except for a few that was in the choir club. He also noticed the cutie didn’t smile much unless he was with them (which was a shame because his smile was just beautiful. The way his little eyes turned into tiny moon crescents was breathtaking and his laugh was music to his ears). He liked to hang around most of his time in the roof and laze around, or he would often be seen in the Hapkido classroom, practicing alone. When he did, Chanyeol would always peek through the window he first saw him and take pictures of him, practicing.

(So he had a couple of pictures of him practicing already, but nothing to extreme like he could make a scrapbook out of them. It was still more than an average and sane person would have though.)

Chanyeol realizes that this new hobby of his is becoming way too creepy and weird for both of them. He was starting to seem like a stalker, and he didn’t want that. On the contrary, he wanted to seem charming. He just hoped the cutie wouldn’t be turned off by him, though. But because he has zero idea of how he should express the new burning sensation all over his body when he sees the cutie, he doesn’t know what to do. And because photography has been his life all this time, he has no other choice but to seek it.

Before photography though, he did learn to play many instruments when he was younger. It was fun for a while (it kept him entertained), but he quickly lost interest in them. Little Chanyeol had thought that it was just a matter of strumming some cords and making music. But now, he had a different view on it.

Setting aside his camera, he grabbed his old guitar and adjusted some of the cords. It was rusty after all. He grinned widely when he realized that it sounded much better, and he began to play. His fingers remembered well each of the cords accordingly, and he stopped every few moments to write something down in a notebook he used to use. He found another way of expressing his feelings.

He tried talking to him. He really did. But whenever he sees him in the hallway, his legs loose all of his strength with that intense stare of the cutie as he strutted the hallway. That confidence he radiated was y, and Chanyeol wanted nothing more than just to devour him. There was one time he was close to talking to him, though. He had managed to approach the cutie when he wasn’t looking at his direction for once, and he managed to smile his best smile ever. When the cutie looked up though, the cat suddenly had his tongue and he couldn’t properly function at all. He felt the heat creep on his cheeks as they shared that moment between them (it was very short lived though). The other simply raised a brow at him before leaving without giving him a chance at all. Yes, Chanyeol wanted to jump off a bridge or something for being so stupid.

However as fate had it, the very next day he found again his old passion, Chanyeol was found out. He was getting into his positions so he could once again stare at his crush, when he realized, that he wasn’t there. “Strange.” He muttered under his breath. He shifted in his position, crossing his legs now, trying to think if he had missed something. The cutie had certainly walked over to the classroom. Chanyeol had seen him go into the classroom with both of his eyes. The photographer was so into his thoughts that he hadn’t realized the new shadow towering him. When he did, his eyes grew big in shock.

Byun Baekhyun was towering him.

THE Byun Baekhyun. Was. Towering. Him.

Holy . His jaw visibly fell open in shock and he started to blush crimson like a fool. When their eyes met, he averted them quickly because he felt like he was going to explode at this rate. So much excitement in one day. (He especially tried to avoid staring at his crotch because it was in his eye level.)

There was an uncomfortable silence between them as Baekhyun eyed him. Chanyeol couldn’t tell what was his expression, but he hoped it wasn’t judging. When he finally gathered himself up from the embarrassment, he looked up shyly at the other. The cutie looked the same as ever, handsome and composed. It was finally then that the other started to talk. “Are you the one that’s been taking pictures of me lately?” Baekhyun asks quietly.

. He knew about it (not a surprise because he wasn’t doing exactly the greatest job in hiding). For a moment, Chanyeol contemplated on lying his way out. But he quickly realized he would only be caught in his lie because he had a camera around his neck. Besides, he didn’t want to further embarrass himself. up all of his pride and whatever dignity he had, he nodded slowly, averting his eyes, embarrassed. Baekhyun only hummed as a response, eyeing the giant.

Chanyeol expected him to be angry at him, to shout at him or to be disgusted with him for being a total creeper. He certainly didn’t expect the other to kneel down to his eye level, and to lift his chin up so that their eyes met. Once they did, Baekhyun got up again, the sun washing him from behind (and hiding the little smile in his lips, but Chanyeol managed to see it anyways). “Do what you want, as long as you don’t do anything weird.” The cutie says as he leaves a dazed giant behind.

His hand went to his chest, feeling the rapid beating of his heart as his eyes lingered on the faint silhouette of the boy. “I really do like him…” he whispered as a matter of fact.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

It was still weird being able to go comfortably into the classroom and take as many pictures as his heart desired. It was even weirder that Baekhyun recognized him, and would acknowledge him with a nod (this made his heart flutter like the first time he had seen him). In fact, they even shared a few exchange of words between each other. Though they were simple greets like Thanks for your hard work today or Hwaiting! They still made Chanyeol’s heart swoon in pure bliss, from being able to listen to his voice and see him up close instead from afar.

For the first time he stumbled into the Hapkido classroom, he went to a reunion his club had. He wasn’t surprised that someone had mentioned his idea since he had mentioned it before casually. Chanyeol smiled brightly when the club president turned to him. “You’re going to put up you’re photos, right?” she asked, and he nodded enthusiastically. He thought of the many pictures he had that he wanted to show off, but that day when he stared at them, he felt nothing for them. The shots were incredible as always, but nothing would compare to the immense feeling he had when he stared at the shots he took of Baekhyun. All of them were absolutely beautiful, with Baekhyun’s overflowing passion and determination in his expression. He sighed for the umpteenth time, not knowing what shots he should present at the Cultural Festival.

The next day, he showed up at the Hapkido classroom where he noticed Baekhyun wasn’t practicing as always. He furrowed his brows, thinking it was weird and he approached the said boy. “Hey,” he greeted, smiling friendly. “Something wrong?” He was mentally celebrating that this time his mouth could function as he wished.

The cutie sighed as he looked at him, and he shrugged. “Nothing. Just tired…” Baekhyun’s eyes then fell to the camera and Chanyeol swears he saw the corner of his lips tugging into a small smile. “Can I see my pictures?” the cutie asks as he pointed to the camera.

In all truth whole, the giant would rather he didn’t. But as he stared into the somewhat excited and eager eyes of Baekhyun that seemed to twinkle, he blushed self consciously. This was their first actual conversation. Chanyeol looked away as he gave in and took off the camera from his neck. The other grabbed carefully the camera and started to look at the pictures. The giant glanced up again at his crush, and when he saw that the other was smiling brightly with each passing photo, he knew he had done the right thing.

“Daebak!” Baekhyun exclaimed, making the giant chuckle. “You take such awesome pictures!”

Chanyeol rubs his neck, smiling sheepishly. “Thanks…” he shyly looks at the other. “Do you have more pictures? Besides of me, I mean.” The cutie asks, the smile never leaving his face. “Their in my club classroom…”

“Can I see them too?” When he nodded and saw the smile he always wanted to see, Chanyeol knew that it was going to be the start of their friendship.

The usually composed and stoic Baekhyun was actually smiling at him, making conversation with him. Nothing could get any better than that.

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

But it just did. Ever since that wonderful day, Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been talking to each other more than before. The giant is so sure that more than anyone else he had met, the cutie supported his dreams with every fiber in his petite body. Everyone supported him because they thought that he wouldn’t fail at all, that there was a higher chance that he would make it than a normal job. Baekhyun was different. He believed that the giant had talent for it. It would show on his expressions whenever he laid his eyes on one of his shots, and the cutie would admire it with this intense stare that got the giant crazy.

They had developed a routine. When Baekhyun was finished with his Hapkido practice, Chanyeol would take him to the photography club and show him every shot he had. They were endless since he spent practically a life time dedicated to that. The shots were organized in years and whenever they finished a year, the giant would secretly take pictures of the other. He was always found out in the end though. Baekhyun didn’t mind as much, seeing as he giggle, slightly embarrassed as he took the camera away from him. They would share knowing smiles as they peered away their stares from each other, and continue looking at the pictures together.

Somewhere deep inside of Chanyeol, he wanted to scream out loud his feelings for Baekhyun. Each passing day, they were growing more and more, more passionate and intense than the day before, becoming harder to conceal each time. He had already decided that it was about time he should confess his feelings. Besides, he had a feeling that the other felt the same as him (he noticed it in the way Baekhyun’s gaze would sparkle at him unlike when he was with his friends). What does he has to lose? Everything. His new relationship with Baekhyun could possibly take a turn for the worst, and they might end up never talking to each other anymore. But it was a risk that he was willing to take.

The real question is though, how should he confess?

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

The Cultural Festival was closing in and they hardly met each other. While Chanyeol was busy helping out setting out the museum for his club, Baekhyun was helping out with his club, setting up a booth they planned to do. Neither of them had time for each other, and perhaps it was for the best, since both of them had a lot to think about these days.

When the Cultural Festival finally came, it was a success. Many people visited the school, each of the booths full of people and all that could be heard was the laughs that overpowered the loud music that was playing. That day, Baekhyun had yet to see the giant, and he thought that it was weird because although they hadn’t seen each other for the past days, when they did, he always waved at him (he didn’t want to admit it to the giant, but he thought that it was cute of him to do so). When he found a moment he could escape, he successfully managed in doing so and proceeded to look for the giant. He bumped into a few people, making his way to the photography club. He briefly remembered that Chanyeol had mentioned to him about a museum his club.

Baekhyun noticed that there was a sign in the front of the classroom when he arrived. He scrunched his nose, thinking that it was weird. All of the booths should be open by now no matter what. He approached and read what it said. It said the following in bold letters:

Reserved until 2pm for Byun Baekhyun

Further notice will be announced during radio.

Enjoy, Byun Baekhyun!

His heart started to beat irrationally fast when he finished reading the sign. Baekhyun looked around to see if there was somebody around, thinking that it must be a prank of some sort. When he didn’t anyone, he only had one suspect.

He entered the clubroom and the lights were off. His hand went quickly to the wall and turned them so he could have a better view of everything. The lights shined immediately, making the cutie blinded by them. His eyes finally adjusted to the strong light and he looked up, and he couldn’t believe what he saw. Before him was portrayed perfectly all of the pictures that Chanyeol had taken of his, all merging into one big heart, with some spaces left in the middle on purpose. The space that was left in the middle had spelled out three little meaningful words that he never thought he would hear in his life time.

I love you.

On that cue, Chanyeol emerged from behind the giant photo, smiling shyly at Baekhyun, who only stared with big eyes. The giant approached the cutie, and reached for his hand. When he saw that the other hadn’t retreated his hand, he went for it. “Byun Baekhyun, from the very first day I laid my eyes on you, I fell in love with you. As cliché as it sounds, you’re my new muse in my life.” He paused as he stared into the wonderful dark brown eyes of his crush. “You think that all of my other shots are beautiful, but to me nothing can compare to the shots I took of you.”

Flustered, the cutie averted his eyes from the giant. He was usually the composed one so he should start acting like it. He breathe in and out, and he looked once again into the eyes of Chanyeol. He kept a straight face (though he couldn’t stop the heat creeping onto his face) and he pecked the other boys lip quickly. “You may not know it either,” he mentally applauded himself for keeping his voice leveled and steady. He shouldn’t have spoken so soon. “B-but I also really l-like you too…”

The other swooped him into his arms as he rained him with kisses. He knew he wasn’t the only one blushing crimson so he didn’t mind as much. Chanyeol smiled brightly when their lips melted against each other.

“Let’s take our first picture together.”

 

 

The end.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

A/N: Well, the ending ended comepletely different from what I had in mind lol orz

I'd say I like half of this story I got lazy in the end is it noticeable 

This is the kick Baekhyun did in the beginning. It's not much but I honestly don't know about it lol Let's just imagine that it was way more epic than that.

My best guy friend inspired me to do this. You see, he's into taekwando and gosh, he looks so cool when he does a kick or something of the like. It was then I thought oh this could be material for a ChanBaek fic and here it is. This is pure fluff. There won't be a sequel or anything of the like, I just wanted to get it out of my system. It's amazing I managed writing this without any spec of inspiration whatsoever ahaha ;u;

Hope you guys like it! Check out my other fic's if you liked this one!

6 reasons

I'm Ready to get Hurt

One Thing

What U Waiting For

Photos

15 seconds

Cross My Mind

[5/5/15] Just checking some grammar and fixed something that was bothering me for a while...