Sparks

Schoolin' Life [Hiatus]

The clicking sound of the keyboard echoed in the quiet small room as skilled hands pressed on each key accordingly. The words on the computer screen grew longer, the male typing going back and correcting words occasionally. His hands reached over, grabbing the warm cup of coffee perched next to his laptop. Leaning back, he brought the cups to his lips, sipping the liquid to excite his system as he read over his final work, once. Twice.

 

He smirked to himself. His writing was finally done and complete and all he had to do was add in the picture to go with the story.

 

Pressing send, he listened to the sound of the machines printing out multiple copies of the paper and he couldn’t feel happier.

 

Another deadline met.

 


Chapter 2: Sparks


 

“It was just a spark that turned a pile of wood into the first fire known to man. It takes just a spark inside of the mind to enlighten what was once clouded in our thinking. And it just takes a spark, inside of our hearts, to make us realize the emotion that we feel for one another.”

-ZYX

 

 

“Extra! Extra! Read all about it!” A boy stood before a table with two other people in front of the school. Piles of newspapers sat on top of the surface, one in the hand of the shouting boy. “Kai Takes A Dive! The School’s Popular Dancer Took a Wrong Move!”

 

Incoming students flocked to the three, eager with ready money to get their hands on the newspaper to read the headlining story.

 

“Can I have a discount, Chen? Please~.” A girl, Yoona, asked using what bit of aegyo was needed for her to persuade the male.

 

“Of course. Anything for somewhat as pretty as you.” Chen winked at the girl before turning to the two behind the table. “Hey, Youngjae, Bora, give Yoona a small discount, alright?”

 

The two nodded, trying to manage the piling students who wanted their own edition of the school newspaper.

 

“Kim Jongdae.” A voice, steady and stern, called out the name if the head writer and editor of the paper from behind.

 

“Kim Minseok.” Chen turned around smoothly, a teasing grin on his face as he saw the school’s student body president glaring at him with crossed arms. “What may I help you with this fine morning? Paper?”

 

Chen held out the paper, not being fazed when the SBP took it quickly out his hands with a huff.

 

“As supportive I am of our school being involved with their newspaper,” Xiumin scanned over the contents of the page, “May I please ask of you to not sell them in front of the school. You are causing a traffic block for those who do want to get in quickly.”

 

Chen glanced to the side and saw that the selling was indeed causing a block for incoming students. “Well I apologize on behalf of everyone blocking the way and the staff of our school’s newspaper for causing disruptions. Happy?”

 

“Partially satisfied.” Xiumin let out a sigh, spotting the highlighted celebrity of the newspaper’s article enter in the school with much commotion following.

 

Kai should have know that he wouldn’t live the tragic fall down as much as he hoped he would.

 

“Careful, Kai. Don’t want you to trip and fall.” A group of kids laughed as the walked past the embarrassed and upset tan male.

 

Kai quickly stalked off to his locker, turning his dial with much speed to open and retrieve his needed materials before closing it off and heading to his first class. He just wanted to let the day past so that all of the buzz can die down.

 

“ ‘Sup Trippy.” Sehun greeted nonchalantly as he watched the other flop down in the seat before him.I was still early in the morning, a good thirty minutes before class would start so there wasn’t anyone but Kai and Sehun inside the room.

 

“Shut up.” Kai hissed as he turned around. The tan male let out a groan as he laid his head on Sehun’s desk. “I hate Chen and his stupid newspaper.”

 

Kai peeked up noticing a copy of the newspaper in Sehun’s hand. “Where did you get one from? You don’t buy stuff to support the school.”

 

Sehun shrug. “I buy stuff when I want but this I found on the ground. He took a good shot of it all.” Sehun turned the paper to show the front cover to Kai.

 

On top was the captioning headline with a image of Kai in mid fall to the floor, Chanyeol and Sunny as well before they all came tumbling down. He knew that Sunny was going to have a fit when she sees that she is included in the falling story. Kai already heard an earful of the seemingly sweet girl as she turned as vicious as medusa on him Friday night. His eyes skimmed over the words of the story, reading off what captured his attention. ‘What may have served as a distractor to our school’s dancer is still unknown. However, we hope that it won't distract him like this again. For Kai’s safety, and for everyone else’s.’

 

Kai thought back to the beauty.. no demon that caused him to fall. The male should no longer be an angel as Kai first imagined. He caused this current humiliation for Kai to suffer through, only a demon would do that.

 

“So what did distract you?” Sehun watched the flicker of emotion across the tan boy’s face.

 

“Did you get to talk to Luhan?” Kai changed the subject, not wanting to get into the matter again. Whoever that mysterious boy was, Kai did not want to see him again or even remember him.

 

Sehun blushed lightly, averting his eyes out the window. “I couldn’t. He was with some guy all night.”

 

“That new guy at the ring?” Kai asked, absently flipping through the rest of the paper.

 

“Yeah. Who is he anyway?” Sehun eyes now focused on the incoming kids in the school looking for a particular figure.

 

“Must be new or a friend. You worried that someone is going to take you man.” Kai teased.

 

“Shut up.” Sehun glared, voiding himself of any admitted emotion. “I was just asking because I haven’t seen him here before.” Not that Sehun new everyone Luhan associated with. He just so happens to be a good observer of the things around him.

 

The two stopped, looking toward the door frame as they heard voices approach towards the door.

 

“So last night I was- Oh! Hello Kai, Sehun.” Luhan greeted cheerfully, as cheerful as he always was, to the two males.

 

“Hello Luhan.” Kai responded casually. Sehun only gave a small nod, his face masked by his usually pokerface. “What are you doing here? Isn’t first period your free period?”

 

“Yeah but I’m dropping Kyungsoo off.” Luhan chirped.

 

“Kyungsoo?” Kai was going to ask who he was talking about before he saw the figure standing behind the other’s back. The demon from Friday night. “You!”

 

Kyungsoo jumped at the sudden yell. “M-Me?” Kyungsoo was lost at what was going on. For some reason the tall tan male seemed to be upset at him and he didn’t know why. He never even talked to the male before-- not that he could. On the first glance, he could see the guy was attractive but he did not dwell on it. They wouldn’t associate much anyway.

 

“Yes you!” Kai raised up the newspaper. “You caused this!”

 

Kyungsoo scrunched his eyebrows, glancing at the newspaper that had a picture of the same male falling down in a area. Kyungsoo’s mind clicked, recognizing the guy. “You’re that guy who fell friday! Are you okay?” Kyungsoo moved to the male.

 

“Yes I’m the guy who- wait what?” Kai blinked at the angel who stared down at him in concern. A familiar thump echoed inside of him.

 

“I thought you might have hurt yourself when you fell but I guess you are fine.” Kyungsoo gave a small smile. “I-I’m Kyungsoo. I’m new here.”

 

“Kai...” Kai blinked again at the male.

 

“Isn’t Kyunggie just adorable?” Luhan praised, his voice coming from beside Sehun causing the platinum blonde to slightly jump. Luhan turned, giving Sehun a smile. “How was your weekend, Sehun?”

 

“Ah- uh- yeah- I mean It was good.” Sehun cleared his throat, controlling his mask back in place. “You?”

 

“It was good.” Luhan smiled, looking at the clock on the wall. “Kyunggie, I gotta go. I told Min that I would help him with some paperwork today. See you at lunch . Bye Kai, bye Sehun.”

 

Kyungsoo and Kai waved at the rushing deer while Sehun just blinked.

 

He just talked to Luhan.

 

“So this is Sehun.” Kai  introduced the boy boy to the blonde staring blankly toward the doorway.

 

“Hello.” Kyungsoo greeted, seeing kids now come in the classroom, some, much to Kai’s disdain, with the dreaded newspaper. “I guess I should get to my seat...”

 

“Where is it?”

 

“Where you’re sitting.”

 

Kai blinked.

 

“What?”

 

The bell rang, last minute kids running inside as the teacher followed after with a smile.

“Alright kids, sit in your seat now. Time to start class.”

 

“Mr. Z.” Kai raised his hand. “Kyungsoo here said you put him in my seat.”

 

“Oh.” The teacher blinked, moving to put his materials on the desk. He looked between the two, clicking in events from Friday into his mind. “Let him sit there then. Just sit in the seat next to Sehun until I officially put him in the seating chart.”

 

“But this is my seat!” Kai protested, flailing in his seat like a five year old before grumpily grabbing his stuff and pushing past Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo stood frozen, mostly out of not knowing of what to do. With a gulp, he sat hesitantly in the seat, feeling the holes being burned in the back of his head.

 

Kai glared, arms crossed angrily as he took back his compliments from the boy earlier. He definitely wasn’t an angel anymore.

 

“But this is my seat!” Kai protested, flailing in his seat like a five year old before grabbing his stuff. "This is bull!"



Kyungsoo watched, uncertain of what to do in the situation.  He didn't mean to get Kai in trouble, or even take the boy's seat, but from the look the teacher was giving him he knew he had to go along with it. Despite the glare burning in his back.

 



"Sorry," Kyungsoo tried to mouth to the angry male. Why was he making enemies already?

 



Kai shook his head with a frown. Kyungsoo was no angel anymore.

 



"Great," Lay smiled at his students (ignoring the sulking boy in the back).  "Now take out the homework from the weekend and pass it forward."

 

 

¤°•°•°•°○°•°•°•°¤

 



"Did you hear that we have a new health teacher?"

 



"How do you know that already? School started like, fifteen minutes ago."

 



"I got a text from Yoona. See."

 



Kyungsoo looked at the interaction between the dark eye - lined brunette and the panda looking males before him. If he remembered correctly from Friday,  the brunette was named Baekhyun and the other went by Tao. He recalled seeing them in the uniforms Friday so he assumes that they are part of the cheerleaders of the school. Regardless of who they are, he couldn't figure out why they had pulled him to be in the group with them.

 



Lay- Mr.Zhang, had said that they could partner up to discuss questions he passed out on the chapters (groups not less than two and no more than for- much to many's disappointment) and the two had pulled him (literally) to be in a group with them.

 

“Excuse me.” Kyungsoo spoke up, interrupting the conversation between the two male cheerleaders. “Why am I here?”

 

“Um...” Tao gave a confused towards Baekhyun, who was looking elsewhere, before meeting Kyungsoo’s eyes. “...To learn? Isn’t that why they send us to this hell hole called school? I mean I don’t get the stuff half the time but-”

 

“I meant why did you guys pull me into your group.” He clarified, watching as Tao’s mouth formed an “O’ in realization. "No offense."

 

“Oh, well because we wanted to.” Tao shrugged, looking down in his lap where Kyungsoo saw his phone laid. He had a new message. He turned off his phone screen. “And you seem like you need some friends in here.”

 

“Of course he needs friends, he’s new here.” Baekhyun flipped his hair, sweeping his fingers over his bangs to style it back.  “And what better friend than someone as fabulous as us?”

 

“I do have a friends,” Kyungsoo protested.

 

Baekhyun and Tao raised their brows simultaneously.

 

“I have one! Luhan.” Kyungsoo felt like he had to defend himself but who was he kidding.

 

“Oh LuLu?” Tao perked up. “LuLu is friends with everybody but I shouldn’t be surprised he took you under his wing. Don't worry, We'll take you with us.” Tao looked towards the clock, eyes bulging in panic.

 

 

“! Did you guys answer any of the questions yet?”

 

 


¤°•°•°•°○°•°•°•°¤
 

 

 

Despite how the two seem, Kyungsoo was actually enjoying being around Tao and Baekhyun. The two were always saying something funny about gossip they heard or about things they had to do. It was finally lunch and the three were seated at a table in the middle of the room.  Kids filled in the halls of the cafeteria as they chatted at tables amongst their friends or waited in line to get their food.


 

“I’m glad the health teacher is young this time.” Tao hummed.

 

“Really though.” Baekhyun agreed. “I have something to fantasize about better when talking about hormones. What did he tell us to call him? Suho?”

 

“I think he likes Kyungsoo.” Tao cooed. “He was all nice to you and all.”

 

Kyungsoo laughed. “I’m sure it’s nothing like that.”

 

“Hey,” Tao bounced eagerly, leaning over the lunch table. Wanna be a cheerleader?”

 

“Excuse me?” Kyungsoo almost choked on his food.

 

“It’s not so bad. Aside from the inner hate and occasional fights, it’s pretty fun being a cheerleader.” Tao tried to reason. “We need more guys anyway. It’s just me and Baekhyun.”

 

“Baekhyun and I.” Kyungsoo corrected. His eyes traveled over the room. “Do you know where Kai is?”

 

“Kai?” Tao looked at him skeptically. “Why do you want to know where Kai is? Do you like him? Are you even gay? Not that we mind, we’re both gay if you couldn’t tell. I mean I’m not saying we’re obvious gays, maybe Baekhyun-”

 

“ I heard that.” Baekhyun muttered, eyes directed to a table in the distance.

 

“-but you know what I mean.” Tao finished his rant, taking a bite out of an apple.

 

Kyungsoo followed his gaze and saw that it was a table where he assumed the school’s basketball players sat. The one he remembered from class was the tall guy named Chanyeol who was laughing along with his girlfriend Sunny (we’ll trying to get her to laugh). When he looked back, Baekhyun’s eyes were now looking at him.

 

“What did you want from the tan anyway?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Tan ?” Kyungsoo let the words click. “Oh! Kai. i wanted to apologize for taking his seat. He seemed pretty upset about it and at me.”

 

Baekhyun waved him off. “He’ll get over it, trust me. Give him some food or something and he’ll be fine. Tao.”

 

The said male raised his head as he was called. He gave Baekhyun a questioning look before the other gestured his head with a small nod in the direction of an approaching body. Kyungsoo was shocked at the amount of good looking people that were in this school. The male was tall, slightly taller than Chanyeol; he had blonde hair that was style messily but attractive, a lean figure and a very angry looking face.

 

Kyungsoo watched as Tao bit his lip, eyes seem to look down in confliction. The male closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before exhaling with a smile reaching on his face.

 

“Hi, Kris.” Tao greeted the tall male as he slide in a spot next to the other.

 

Kris placed a small kiss on Tao’s cheek, an arm resting around his waist. “Hey Babe.” He greeted back. He nodded to Baekhyun who had a frown on his face. “Sup Baekhyun.”

 

“Kris.” Baekhyun said, turning away to eat but Kyungsoo knew he was still paying attention to anything that they were going to say or do.

 

Tao gave the diva a pleading look before turning his smile back to Kris. “We made a new friend, he’s new. Kyungsoo this is my boyfriend Kris. Kris this is Kyungsoo.”


 

“Wassup.” Kris greeted.

 

“Nothing much?” Kyungsoo tried to follow along with the lingo.

 

“Kris is on the basketball team and he is also the DJ at the skating ring.” Tao informed with a proud smile.

 

“That’s so cool.” Kyungsoo watch as Kris lips turned into a shy smile.

 

“It’s nothing much.” Kris turned to the table that Kyungsoo saw Baekhyun looking at before. “I gotta go Babe. I have to talk about the practice schedule for this week with Chanyeol.”

 

They all watch the male go before Tao let out another breath.

 

“Something wrong?” Kyungsoo asked with concern.

 

Tao smiled. “It’s nothing. And Baekhyun could you try not to... do that.”

 

“You may still forgive him but I won't.” Baekhyun stood up and threw his trash away walking out of the cafeteria with concerned eyes watching his departure.

 

Tao sighed. “Why does drama always follow one’s life.”

 

Kyungsoo gave a sympathetic smile, before it flash in alert. “Tao watch-”

 

Before he could finish, he was already watching a cartoon of milk collide with the back of Tao’s head.

 

“Oh .” Kyungsoo cursed, covering his mouth with his hands as he continue to watching Tao shake in anger.

 

“Who threw it?!” Tao turned in the direction the milk collided from. “No knows?! Milk just flies from the ing sky these days?!”

 

Tao scanned over the tables of terrified kids before his eyes narrowed to a boy at the back table, head turned, lips pursed. letting out a nervous whistle. “Sungyeol, get your over here!”

 

“I’m sorry!” Sungyeol shouted as he ran out the cafeteria. “I missed! I didn’t mean to!”

 

“Tao! Wait!” Kyungsoo hurried up and picked up his and Tao’s bag as he followed the boy out of the cafeteria.

 

Things were definitely more interesting at this school.


 


¤°•°•°•°○°•°•°•°¤
 

 

 

Kyungsoo sat at the top of the bleachers, eyes looking over the school’s field where various of sports were practicing. The coach told him he won't have his P.E uniform until tomorrow so he could relax for today. Apparently six period, being the last of the day, was the period for all of the sports to practice including regular P.E classes. He could see Tao and Baekhyun stretching in one area with other girls he assumed were the rest of the cheerleaders. He spotted Luhan leading a group of boys around the field which seemed to belong to the soccer team, he waved when he spotted Kyungsoo; the girl soccer team were running on the opposite side. He saw Kris, and Chanyeol leading groups in the area of the outdoor basketball courts.

 

Man.

 

Maybe he should do a sport.

 

...

 

Nah.

 

He leaned back, closing his eyes as the breeze blew. He opened them, head turning as he caught a glimpse of blonde hair and the whiff of smoke from behind the bleachers. Turning around curiously, he looked down.

 

“Hey,” He called to the boy below. “You know you’re not suppose to smoke here.”

 

The blonde looked up with blank eyes. Kyungsoo recognized the boy to be Sehun from his English class. Sehun blinked at Kyungsoo, holding up his hand to flicked the other off before taking another drag from his cigarette.

 

“Well,” Kyungsoo huffed. He was going to turn away until he notice the boy below was gesturing him to come down to him. “Y-You want me?”

 

“No, your mom.” Sehun exhaled the smoke. “Who else. Hurry up.”

 

Kyungsoo frowned but turned around nevertheless to make his way down to the other with his backpack. He looked around, before making his way behind the bleachers. Sehun sat crouched on the guy, watching as Kyungsoo came to him. He studied the boy up and down before dropping the stick on the ground, stepping on it as he stood up.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he stared at the other.

 

“Something wrong with your eyes?” Sehun narrowed his eyes.

 

“No...” Kyungsoo shook his head. “I just didn’t know you were so tall.”


“I’m not tall, you’re just short.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“Anyway,” Sehun rolled his eyes. “I need you to do me a favor.”

 

“Why me?” Kyungsoo asked, He didn’t really know the boy, nor did the latter seem to like him from the looks of his face...

 

Unless that was just his face.

 

“Because.” Sehun said. “You looked at me.”

 

“I guess... that’s fair.” Kyungsoo supposed the terms were... acceptable.

 

“Good. You see the gym over there.” Sehun moved, gesturing to one of the two buildings side by side. “One of them is the dance classroom. Go in there and tell Kai that I’m busy after school.”

 

“Just that? No reason?”

 
 

Sehun narrowed his eyes. “Are you questioning me?”

 

“No, I was just making sure.” Kyungsoo reassured. “Dance room. Kai. You’re busy. Check.”

 

Kyungsoo scurried off, leaving the blonde. He paused.

 

“Wait!” Kyungsoo yelled. “What if he’s busy?”

 

“Then wait until he come out. , I thought you were smart.” Sehun sighed. He watched the other make his way towards the building silently. He didn’t know what came over him to converse with the other but it just seemed to happen. At least he can mess with Kai this way. He heard the coach blow the whistle meaning it was time for them to start cleaning up before the period ended.

 

“I hate this period.” Sehun grumbled as he walked from behind the bleachers.

 

His eyes caught sight of the soccer team, eyes concentrated on the male in front who was laughing with his team on a small break.

 

He didn’t hate the period entirely at least.



 

Hyung: You can ride home with me today. I just got to stay a bit late to straighten out some things >.< Wait for me!

 

Kyungsoo sighed, typing in a message to his phone before putting it away. He leaned against the wall near the door of the dance class. He could hear the music blaring from the other side along with the voice of the instructor.

 

“Alright class,” He heard the instructor say as the music cut off. “There’s a club meeting tomorrow after. We’ll be seeing everyone’s routines tomorrow so be ready. Class dismissed.”

 

Kyungsoo sat up, watching as the door opened and kids exited out the room. He scanned the crowd until the last kid excited, even the instructor, and frowned.

 

No Kai.

 

He was going to ask one of the kids where Kai was until he heard music starting up from the other side. He moved carefully, peeking in the room as quietly as he could. There was Kai, clad in baggy sweatpants and a tank top, dancing while watching himself in the room’s mirrors.

 

Kyungsoo stared in awe. Kai moved so smoothly, skillfully, he was in trance. He moved stealthily to sit by the door as he watched the other. He had some time to spare to wait until the other was done.

 




 

"Hold... hold..."



Baekhyun bit his lip, focusing his energy and strength into his arms. The weight of the girl his was lifting wasn't too heavy for him, but it starts to build up when you're holding them up in one position. for a lengthy amount of time.



"Now, drop." Tiffany ordered.



Baekhyun released the girl, bringing her down as gently as his tired little arms would let him.

 



"ing finally." Tao groaned, dropping the girl in his arms to the ground.

 



"Practice is over. Practice tomorrow unless you tell me otherwise. Taeyeon, get your scorpion position right! Dismissed." Tiffany clapped.

 



Baekhyun dropped to the ground, grabbing a nearby water bottle as he felt his arms cry in pain. Damn, that was heavy.

 



"Is that even your's?" Tao walked over, patting the beading sweat from his face.

 



"I don't give a at this point." Baekhyun wiped the droplets of water from his lips.

 



Tao chuckled, handing a towel to Baekhyun as he sat beside the other. "I'm gonna go watch the remainder of the basketball team practice. You coming?"

 



Baekhyun stretched his arms out. "Carry me~."

 



", your legs work." Tao said, pulling the other up.


 


They walked over to the bleachers by the court, watching the line of guys dribble down the court. The lined up at both ends, each aiming towards the basket once before moving to the end of the line.

 



But Baekhyun was focused on the tall brunette,  damped hair sticking to his forehead as the male turned and jogged over to him, Kris right behind.

 

“Are you guys out of practice already?” Chanyeol asked, slightly panting from the workout. Kris was already talking to his boyfriend.

 

“Yep,” Baekhyun dragged out and popping the ‘p’.

 

“Crap, I gotta get to Sunny and drive her home.” Chanyeol sighed, turning back to the courts to yell. “Hey guys, practice over! See you tomorrow!”

 

Baekhyun watched as the males dropped the ball, some yelling in relief to be done. “Tomorrow?”

 

He didn’t need to say any other words because the other already knew what he meant.

 

Chanyeol looked down at him and smiled wide, the smiles that made the shorter have to look away because his face betrays himself.

 

“Yeah, we’re still on for tomorrow.”

 

 

¤°•°•°•°○°•°•°•°¤

 


 

“I tried what you told me Lay, but he’s still being mean,” Ailee groaned and dropped her head onto the desk before her.

 

The teacher laughed lightly, stabling some papers together. “What did he say when you told him?”

 

Do what you want,” She mocked his voice, making it more high pitched than needed. “Ugh, guys are difficult.”

 

“Alright Ailee, " Lay chuckled. "I’m sorry to cut our session short but I gotta go take these papers to the copy room. Wanna finish talking tomorrow?” Lay stood up, collecting the stack of papers in his hand.

 

“Yeah,” Ailee sighed as she stood up and grabbed her bag. “Hey, did you see the new teacher?”

 

“The new health teacher I hear you all gossiping about through my lesson?” Lay chuckled as Ailee whistled and looked away at the accusation. “No I haven’t gotten to see him yet. Maybe I’ll run into him one of these days.”

 

He bidded goodbye to his student as she left out the class. It’s a nice feeling to help the students out on any level he can; it creates a closer bond with his students. Initially it started off with talking to a few kids he saw struggling to see where their problem lied, but he suddenly found himself giving them advice on various of off-school topics.

 

He sighed.

 

Sometimes it was stressful taking in all of their drama in account, but he really did enjoy and love his students.

 

“Jongdae I told you about being careful of what you write in the papers.” Lay turned his head, hearing distant voices coming from the hall.

 

“I don’t even see what the problem is, prez.” He head the writer say, their voices slowly getting closer.

 

“You can’t have an article that would cause issues on a single student.” The student body president said. “The principle says it makes the student look bad.”

 

“Kai made himself look bad when he fell!” Their voices were now in front of the door of the copying room. “I just captured it on camera and wrote about it. I’m innocent here.”

 

Lay knew he shouldn’t be spying on his students personal business...

 

But this was just too tempting.

 

Leaning slightly in the doorway, he cracked the door open slightly, peeking into the hallway.

 

Xiumin was leaning against the lockers, arms crossed as he frowned at the journalist. “I don’t care if you were innocent, I want you to think about what you put out before you put it out.”

 

“Think about what I put out?” Jongdae repeated, raising his brow at the president. “Oh? You know what I should put out?”

 

He stepped close to the other, making the president stiffen up, looking at the journalist with startled and nervous eyes. The journalist leaned in close, placing a hand against the lockers, the other tracing gently against the presidents cheek.

 

“I should put out how the strict, straight A, perfect student body president hides his-”

 

“Jongdae.” Minseok whispered the name, but the warning tone still evident embedded in it.

 

Jongdae stared into the other’s eyes silently, searching them for something. Exhaling silently, the journalist stepped back, turning on his heel to walk down the hall. “I’ll watch what I write prez. Go enjoy the rest of your night.”

 

“Dang,” Lay whispered after watching the intense seen. Who needs television when he has his students lives that he crossed watching from time to time.

 

The president watched silently as the journalist walked down the hall before straightening his attire and walking away the opposite direction. He would offer a few words to the pair but it wasn’t his business to be involved when it was unaware that their business was even known. He preferred for people to come to him on their own in search of help.

 

He heard the copy machine stop, indicating all of his papers were done being made. Swiftly gathering his things, he made his way out the door, stumbling down to the ground and dropping his papers as he crashed into another figure.

 

“Oh sorry,” He said on reflex, moving quickly to pick up his papers.

 

“It’s my fault,” The voice of the other, a male, chuckled in response as he helped to pick up papers. “I wasn’t really looking where I was going. I’m still trying to figure out things around here.”

 

Lay looked up, eyes taking in the view of the young handsome male before him. The setting glow of the sun radiated through the window and seem to illuminate onto the unknown male.

 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think we have met,” Lay smiled, a friendly smile, as he gazed at the other. The male stopped, looking at Lay in the eyes.

 

“Oh, um,” The male straightened the papers in his hand, shifting them to one hand as he held out the other. “I’m Kim Joonmyeon, the new health teacher here. I just started today actually.”

 

“Ah, so you’re the ‘handsome and young health teacher’ that my students are gossiping about,” Lay chuckled, grabbing the hand before him, feeling the sensation as he held the new hand in his own. “I’m Zhang Yixing, the English teacher. My class is down the hall if you ever need me.”

 

He watched as Joonmyeon stared down at their hands as he released them.

 

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Joonmyeon smiled, recovering from his trance. He glanced at the watch on the wrist of his other hand, jumping up in panic. “Shoot! I forgot my brother is waiting on me to get home. Sorry, but I have to run now.” Junmyeon passed the papers over to him. “Nice meeting you Mr. Zhang.”

 

“Just call me Yixing,” Lay said, not wanting in formalities. He was still young after all.

 

“You can call me Joonmyeon too.” The health teacher said before turning back around. “See you tomorrow, Yixing!”

 

Yixing watched as the new teacher dashed down the hall and soon was out of sight. He stared down at his hand, smiling to himself in amusement before he turned to walk to his classroom.

 



¤°•°•°•°○°•°•°•°¤


 

Kai cut the music off, panting as the sweat dripped down from his face to the other damped parts of his skin. He walked over to his bag, grabbing a towel out to wipe his face. He glanced up in the mirror, eye catching view on the the figure sitting in the back of the room.

 

Quickly turning his head, he saw the figure that made his mind conflict in both detest and appraisal. He strode over to the figure, ready to bark out angry complaints in question of why he was there to slow down as he drew closer and saw the small male was sleeping. Croutching down, he looked over the male.

 

His eyelids were closed, long lashes above his cheeks, his plumped lips slightly ajar as he breathed in and out, chest rising and falling with each breath. Kai jumped up as the sudden buzz of a phone echoed loudly against the floor causing the sleeping male to stir awake.

 

“Hello?” Kyungsoo answered hoarsely, sleep evident in his voice as he rubbed his eyes.

 

Kai didn’t know why he was still staring at the male.

 

“You’re done?... Alright... I’m on my way there, hyung.” Kyungsoo hung up the phone, blinking to adjust to his surroundings. His eyes stared at Kai tiredly, blinking twice before they widened in realization. “Kai!”

 

“What were you doing here?” He questioned.

 

“Sehun wanted me to deliver a message to you...” Kyungsoo looked around, glancing at his phone clock. “But I guess it’s not important now.”

 

Kai frowned. “I can understand that but why were you still here was my question.”

 

“Oh,” Kyungsoo mumbled, a bit intimidated by the bluntness and tone of the dancer’s question. “I was going to wait for you to get done so I was watching your practice while I waited and I guess I fell asleep,” Kyungsoo’s eyes lit up as it suddenly realizing something. “By the way! You are such a great dancer! How can you move so good?”

 

Kai was taken back by the sudden compliment, face heating up in reaction. “I-I’m not that good.” Why was he stammering?

 

“You’re amazing, trust me.” Kyungsoo smiled, getting up with his stuff. “Well I have to go now. See you tomorrow Kai! And sorry about your seat, I’ll make it up to you!”

 

Kai only nodded absentmindedly as he watched the other go. One thing was certain about Kyungsoo now.

 

 

 

 


He was definitely an angel.

 

 


A/N: I lot of delay in my writing to update list was not only my stalling (I admit), but because I had to settle down in the style I was writing things in for this story in comparison to my other ones. Since I will be following multiple couples through the story, I had to it up and realize I will be writing 4-5k words minimum each update. The things I do for writing.

Thanks for the subscribies, upvote, comments! I'm working on updating quicker (I will check for grammar mistakes later). Comment and subscribe ( I shall be happier if you do) and upvote!

Much love,

-xxRxx