Final

In Heaven

The sound of punches kicks and slaps mixed with the sound of groans of pain and angry cussing. Jaejoong held one of the guys in his collar and punched him straight on the face, the guy passing out. He threw the last one on the ground and spit. Jaejoong wiped the blood off his lip.

“You think you can win over me, huh?!” he went to the leader of the goons and kicked his gut. It vomited blood.

“Jae, come on.” Yunho pulled Jaejoong out of the building, the rest following.

“That was one hell of a fight, huh?” Kyuhyun brushed sweat off his forehead and winced at the act. He twisted his arm pretty bad.

“You okay, dude?” Changmin called on to Kyuhyun.

“Yeah, sure.” Kyuhyun answered.

Jaejoong ignored the rest and went to his car. He zoomed off, leaving the members eating dust.

“Hyung was so angry, huh?” Kibum watched the dusty trails.

“Monstrous.” Yoochun agreed.

“They should’ve not mentioned her name.” Heechul said as he checked his bruises on his motorcycle mirror.

“Yeah, Jae went berserk because of that. Their bad.” Yunho said.

“I wonder why he’s still so cranky hearing her name. I mean, he sent her away, so why is he acting like that?” Yoochun disgustingly asked. Jaejoong’s acts are making him sick.

“Can’t blame the guy. He still love her.” Yunho went to Jaejoong’s defense.

“Then why send her away?” Heechul asked.

“Stupidity at its best.” Changmin stated. They just went to their respective cars and went to the headquarters.

Jaejoong slammed the door of his room. His chest is still heaving with the unbearable pain. The sound of her name still brings the same cutting pain in his heart. But he should not feel this way, right? He was the one who ended up the relationship. Therefore, he should not feel like as if it was her who left him, because it was the other way around.

Jaejoong opened the last drawer of his nightstand. He held the framed picture that was his last memory of her. Her smile, the way her eyes shine…he could clearly remember how he was the reason for them. But trying hard to remember their happy moments, all he could remember is her face when he said he wanted to break up. How she looked like her whole world crumbled.  She did not cry that day, which made everything worse.

“Let’s break up.” Jaejoong said nonchalantly.

“W-what?” Reina asked.

“Let’s break up.” He repeated and looked at her bored. Reina looked at his expressionless face and swallowed. No, she won’t cry.

“O-okay.” Reina said. What? Jaejoong is not asking for her opinion whether or not they will break up.

Jaejoong was shocked. Okay? She agreed on it. No questions.

“You’re not gonna ask why?”Jaejoong casually asked, keeping his straight face.

“I should not, should I?” her voice cracked. But she kept her calm and smiled at him.

“Well, I was just expecting drama, but this is better. You know what to do.” Reina nodded and went to their bedroom. She packed her clothes, letting a couple or more of tears t o escape her eyes. She breathed deeply a few times and calmed herself. Reina changed clothes and reapplied her make-up to conceal the crying. Shoulders squared and face calm, she walked out with the things.

“Here.” Reina placed the key on Jaejoong’s lap. Jaejoong stared at it.

“I’m leaving now…oppa.” Reina barely spoke the last word but Jaejoong heard it clearly. His heart shattered inside of him. He stopped himself from chasing after her. He just sat there, perceiving what he just did and what just happened. Is this right? Or he just did something very stupid? Right now, he doesn’t know. Break-ups are supposed to hurt, right? But it will fade because the decision is right. In time it will.

But, now, he’s starting to realize it’s not right. Because, hell…two years! Two years and it still hurts so bad. Two years and he is still regretting choosing his inheritance over her. Two years and he regrets choosing his father than the girl who loves him too much. Why did he choose the acceptance of a father who doesn’t even look at him like a son, because he is his bastard? Now, he has in his hands the inheritance he should have for being a Kim, but he just lost the girl who disregarded the fact that he is a lovechild of a mistake, someone from a broken family, a considered troublemaker and an outcast of his own family. Because he wanted to belong inside a hostile family, he threw away the only person who made him feel like it was right that he was born. She made him feel very important than he ever felt, but he just sent her away.

His desperation and pain made him hurdle the frame into the wall.

“Jaejoong!” insistent knocking followed the crashing.

“Leave me alone!” He screamed.

“Open up, Kim Jaejoong! Stop being stupid!” It was Yunho.

“Stay away, Jung Yunho!” He kicked his door.

“Open up or I’ll kick this blasted door open!” it was Jaejoong’s brother, Hyunjoong.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” he screamed and he heard a loud crack, followed by the falling of his door.

“!” he lunged and grabbed his brother by the collar. But Hyunjoong punched him and he fell.

“Hyung…” Yunho tried stopping Hyunjoong.

“Go out, Yunho. Take the rest of the gang. I’ll talk some light into his thick head. Go!” Yunho did as he was told.

“What? Acting like a ing brother now?” Jajeoong coldly asked his brother.

“I am, because you are being painfully immature. Grow up, Jae! What the hell is wrong with you?!” Hyunjoong grabbed Jaejoong’s shoulders and shook him.

“What’s wrong with me?! MY WHOLE LIFE IS WRONG! MY WHOLE EXISTENCE IS A MISTAKE! AND ONE ING DECISION MADE ME WORSE THAT I WAS!” Jaejoong screamed. His tears flowed nonstop.

“Tell me.” Hyunjoong sat down beside him.

“Why would I?” Jaejoong asked.

“Because in times like this, brothers should stick together.” Hyunjoong’s serene voice went straight into Jaejoong’s heart.

“You see me as a brother?” his voice was small and unsure that Hyunjoong smiled.

“Of course. Now, what happened, huh?” he asked.

“Two years ago, I made a very stupid decision.” Jaejoong started.

“Does this have to do with the inheritance?” Jaejoong nodded.

“Yes. You know that all my life I wanted dad’s acceptance. You knew how hard studied to be able to prove to him that I am a worthy heir. All my life, it was ‘Yes, dad’, ‘I will, dad’…all my life, I followed him and now, I’m hurting because I followed his every command.” Hyunjoong was taken aback by the pain and bitterness in his brother’s voice.

“What did he ask you to do?” he asked.

“He knew my relationship with Reina. He said it was inappropriate for his heir to get involved with a woman from a lowly family. He said that even if she’s inside a business school, she still has a poor background and a relationship with her will stain the family name. For the first time, I heard him call me ‘his’. But then, I was willing to fight for her, until dad threatened to disinherit me. He told me to break up with her to win the acceptance I always wanted to have. I was so tired of being discarded by him, so I agreed.” He admitted.

“But?” Hyunjoong asked.

“But, it never changed the fact that he still treats me like I’m not his son. Yes, he did give me my inheritance, but he always has treated me like a subordinate and nothing more. I’m not his only bastard! Woobin is his bastard son, too, but he treats him like a real son, why can’t he do that to me?” his desperate voice rang clear.

“So, you broke up with Reina because you wanted for dad to treat you like his real son?” Hyunjoong clarified and Jaejoong nodded. Hyunjoong laughed.

“That was real stupid! Dad treats you like the way he treats me! He ignores me a lot, but that is his way. He is always near and looking after Woobin because he knows he still incapable of being on his own. But you and I, he believes that even if he doesn’t look after us, we’ll do well. See? You’re business is more prosperous than mine. Our father is not fond of showing emotion, but his distance from you is the proof of his acceptance.  The more distant he is, the more he trusts you. Heck, he is not as distant to me as he is to you.” Jaejoong stared blankly at his brother, not able to take in fully what he said.

“So…when he asked me to break up with Reina…” his voice trailed.

“That was his final test. He did that to me as well and it made my life hell. But in the end, I fought for the person I love and he said that he just tested me. Come on, our father is not cruel, he’s just a cold womanizer.” Jaejoong ran out of the headquarters. , he wished silently that Reina still lives in the same house.

He reached Reina’s address in record time. He knocked insistently.

“Excuse me, sir?” Jaejoong looked back and there stood an old lady.

“Good evening. May I ask where Han Reina? It seemed that she’s not here.” He asked, catching his breath.

“Oh, are you her friend? Did you not know?” the sadness in her voice made his heart pound fast with fear.

“What did I not know?” His voice shook.

“Reina is dead for two years now. In that corner, she was hit by a car. We saw it happen. She did not even make it to the hospital.” The other words failed to get into his head. He swallowed hard, trying to clear his fogged brain.

“She’s dead?” he asked blankly.

“It is sad. She grew up here with us. She lived a sad life because she was orphaned at a very young age. We finally saw her happy when she told us she found the man who will love her and whom she will love. But when she came back here, death came so sudden.” Jaejoong’s knees went weak. She cried. She was hurt. She was hit by a car after they broke up. She’s gone now.

“Sir, are you alright?” he was unable to answer. He just cried and cried. He mourned for a death caused by him. If he did not send her away, if he did not ask her to leave, she won’t be dead.

“Reina…” he whispered her name. He gritted his teeth, stopping himself from screaming out the name of the person he longed for the most.

He drove home. He can’t figure out how he got home safely when his mind was floating far away.

“What happened?” Hyunjoong caught Jaejoong.

“Hyung…” his voice was very sad.

“Why?” Hyunjoong asked again.

“She’s dead. Reina’s dead. Because of my stupidity, she is gone. I should’ve not broken up with her. I should’ve just defied dad. I shouldn’t have done that.” Jaejoong said blankly.

“Jae…” suddenly, his tears sprang out of his eyes.

“AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! HYUNG!!!!!!!!!! IT HURTS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! REINA!!!!!!!!!!! COME BACK! COME BACK, PLEASE! I’M BEGGING YOU, REINA! COME BACK TO ME! COME BACK PLEASE!” Hyunjoong caught his brother and hugged him. Jaejoong cried so hard Hyunjoong almost had tears in his eyes. It was a very pitiful moment, the scene where the rest of the guys arrived.

“H-hyung…what happened?” Yunho asked Hyunjoong.

“Reina is dead.” Hyunjoong said. The guys stood there shocked. Yunho looked at Jaejoong sprawled on the floor, his hands pressed into his face crying so hard. They felt his pain.

“Reina…I’m so sorry…I’m very sorry.” Jaejoong kneeled in front of Reina’s tomb. He can’t believe that she’s here, under this dirt.

“I love you, Reina. Won’t you come back to me? Won’t you make me feel how much you love me again? Please…come back to me, baby, please.” He rested his forehead in her tombstone, tears flowing. He is regretting everything now. He wanted her back. He wanted her back so much that he can’t breathe. But no matter how much he wished for it, he will never have her back. And that’s what’s hurting him. The fact that he will never see Reina.

“I’m sorry, Reina…I’m sorry that pain was the last thing you remember before you leave. I’m sorry for putting that pain in your heart. I wish you will forgive me. I love you. You will wait for me in heaven, right? Wait for me.”