004

the perfect two

"This is your entire fault now we're locked!" Kyungsoo shouts at him and it's deafening in the small space they are in.

Jongin bites his lip in exasperation, placing a hand on his forehead, aggravated, but remains composed even in times like this.

Thinking about something, Jongin looks around the dark small room they are in to find something that could probably help them open the door. However, what they find are mops, brooms, rugs, pails and other cleaning materials, nothing useful at all.

Muttering curses and complaining with his luck that day, he catches Jongin glancing around the room and he finally sees the cleaning materials stock in there. "We're locked in the janitor's storage room? Ughh. The what's wrong with my luck today? I should have read my horoscope." Kyungsoo sinks down on his knees, whining angrily.

"This is your fault you motherer!" He keeps on blaming Jongin, gritting his teeth at him.

Jongin gives up on thinking of possible ways to get them out of that room. He settles at the opposite corner away from Kyungsoo, legs pulled up, his head bowed down low. "I'm sorry. It is my entire fault and this is an accident I didn't see coming. This is not what I'm expecting. I'm so sorry." his voice is low and repentant. Kyungsoo feels apologetic as well. Despite his sometimes satanic mode, he's a softie too and can be an angel as well. Yet, he's still mad at Jongin for everything.

The slow lulling sound of the last school bell that indicates the building will close soon.

"Aish!" Kyungsoo still sounds mad and he doesn't regret it. Jongin should know first what kind of person he's messing with. "And now that the school is closing, what shall we do now? Who would ing save us now?" Kyungsoo rubs his face, frazzled, turning his head to Jongin to glare at him.

"All we have to do is to wait for the morning to come." Jongin says calmly, leaning his back on the cold wall.

They fall silent. Long sighs leaves their lips and they really couldn't do anything but wait for the next day to come.

Curious to what the time is, Kyungsoo checks his digital wrist watch and it reads exactly 7PM in the evening. His family is probably searching for him now.

Knowing that his parents will definitely panic without his text that he's safe, he soon opens his backpack to fish out his phone.  He soon texts his father that he'll be staying at Luhan's house for the whole night, for a reason that the male offered to have a sleepover. He doesn't text Luhan, because for sure his father would believe him and there's no need to confirm since they trust him a lot.

 

Sorry Dad if I have to lie...

 

After keeping his phone inside his bag, he catches Jongin watching his every move, making him gulp down from nervousness.

 

Why is he looking at me that way?

 

Then inappropriate things played in his mind. He shudders from those thoughts.

 

What if he did this in purpose and wants to me? . Is he even gay anyway?

 

Jongin could tell that Kyungsoo is bothered with something so he's slightly worried too so he scoots closer to the grumpy male, blinking his eyes innocently.

"Hey, are you okay?" He calls out worriedly. He's finally twelve inches away from Kyungsoo until he snaps out from his chain of thoughts, scooting away from Jongin with furious eyes.

Jongin chuckles from Kyungsoo's reactions. He could tell what's exactly running in his mind. 

 

why is he smiling like a maniac?

 

"D-Don't go nearer or else!" Kyungsoo threatens, deep voice shaky and laced with fear. Jongin just sniggers, but Kyungsoo's gaze shifts on the mop beside him. He's ready to whack Jongin right there on his crotch if he does something to him.

Laughing softly, Jongin says, “Don't worry I'm not that kind guy. Look who's imagining erted thoughts between us!" he chuckles, clutching on his tummy, sitting away from Kyungsoo to prove to him that he'll just keep his hands on himself.

Trusting the male's words, Kyungsoo relaxes on his spot and hugs his knees, resting his chin on top of it. 

 

Maybe he’s not really that type of guy. I’m just paranoid

 

The silence fills up the atmosphere once again, when suddenly the lights go out. The only light they have is finally turned off. There's only total darkness.

Both of them gasp in surprise.

"Holy !"

"Why did the lights go out?!" Kyungsoo is slightly scared not knowing he's scooting closer to Jongin's side this time.

The room is so small that he and Jongin could hear each other's breathing. Their shoulders even brushed against each other’s.

Jongin sighs, tired of everything. "I guess they turned off the breaker." he speculates, but then a small light flickers on his hand which surprises Kyungsoo, making him squeak. Jongin is using his keychain flashlight hanging in his bag. Kyungsoo heaves a sigh of relief because he can't handle a total blackout.

Minutes after, Kyungsoo's stomach start grumbling. Jongin hears it too and he chuckles, but then his stomach rumbles too. Kyungsoo stifles his laugh because they're on the same page, hungry and tired.

Remembering that he has biscuits kept in his bag in case of emergency if he feels hungry on the way home or during class. He mulls inside his bag to get a biscuit. Hopefully there are two.

"I have some biscuits here. Wait I can't find it.” He furrows his brows. Those biscuits are kept in a small packaging only.

"Use this." Jongin removes the small flashlight from his bag and hands it to Kyungsoo.

The truth is, Kyungsoo's eyesight is poor now, yet he doesn't use any frames or contacts. He doesn't want to.

Struggling to find the biscuits, he shoves out all his things from his bag, spilling his things here and there, clattering on the floor. Ballpens roll on the floor when he soon finds three packed butter biscuits.

Kyungsoo hands one to Jongin and the boy immediately accepts it without hesitation.

Before eating, Kyungsoo quickly stuffs his things inside his bag, unknowingly, kicking something afar from him.

"Thanks for this." Jongin smiles gratefully as he takes his first bite.

There is an awkward silence; the only thing they could hear at the moment is their munching of biscuits and their shuffling bodies. The last pack of butter cookies left is soon shared by the two. Two for Jongin and two biscuits for Kyungsoo. They had a fair amount of food digested.

"Sorry Dad for lying where I am." Kyungsoo absentmindedly says.

Jongin breaks the silence by asking, because he’s guilty, "What's your name again? Sorry I know you're our class secretary but I kind of forgot your name. Kyung what again?"

“Do Kyungsoo.” He enunciates clearly and Jongin murmurs the name to himself secretly, testing how it will come out smoothly from his lips.

"Kyungsoo-ssi, I’m sorry for causing you trouble since this morning." Jongin sounds rueful. Kyungsoo faces him, brow arched up. "I just-I just want those girls to stop following me. I hate girls like that." he confessed in a gentle voice.

Kyungsoo has more questions to ask for this boy. "Why don't you like it? Boys love being surrounded by girls right? It increases their popularity?"

"You're a guy. Do you love being surrounded by girls?"

"Oh god no I feel squeamish around them so just no." Kyungsoo's quick response.

Jongin hums. "I see. Well, I hate girls who only look on what they can see outside, not the inside, not the person's true personality."

Kyungsoo is taken aback from the male's statement. He never knew words like those would come out from his mouth. Jongin doesn't seem to be a man who could think that way. He actually looks like a player, a cheater and everything negative. He even looks like a on Kyungsoo's eyes, but hearing him say those words, Kyungsoo could feel a twinge of guilt for judging him instantly when he doesn't really know him at all yet. His heart softens again.

"Let's not talk about it." Jongin suddenly ends the conversation, before Kyungsoo could ask for more.

There's silence again and Kyungsoo's mind is preoccupied of lots of questions. Kyungsoo suddenly got curious about Jongin. There's something about him that pulled him to know more about this guy. He thinks he wants to unravel this strange and mysterious guy who suddenly stepped in his life.

 

Did he mean he hate girls? Strange. Is he even gay?

 

Minutes pass when Kyungsoo’s eyes felt heavy. When he can't take off the sleepiness, he dozes off, not knowing  that his head soon falls on Jongin’s sturdy left shoulder. Jongin is surprised to find him sound asleep on his shoulder; soft snores fill the tranquility of the night.

Jongin breathes heavily, watching Kyungsoo. He brushes his fringe aside to uncover his eyes. He could clearly see by the faint light Kyungsoo's features.

He smiles warmly.

Afterwards he removes the boy's head for the meantime and lean him gently on the wall. He shrugs off his polo shirt and places it over Kyungsoo to keep him warmer from the cold night.

He's now only wearing a white shirt, but at least he knows to himself that he can handle the cold just fine.

"I'm really sorry for using you as my fake boyfriend Kyungsoo-ssi. That's the only way I can do to stop them from stalking me. I'm sorry. G-Goodnight." he mumbles softly, voice gruff and octave lower before he gently nestles Kyungsoo's head on his shoulder.

Eventually, Jongin's eyes fall close and his head leans on Kyungsoo's. They stayed on that position as they sleep. Kyungsoo is clueless on how they look right now, looking intimate and close. Yet, the warmth that Jongin exudes from his body is the reason for Kyungsoo to fall asleep soundly. Jongin didn't even know that his head is leaning with the other male too. But what matters most, both of them is having their good night sleep together.