001

the perfect two

It's Do Kyungsoo's first day of school as a senior in high school.

He feels nervous yet excited at the same time as it's already his last year attending in high school so he is really looking forward for this year ahead. However, just the thought of graduating makes him think how it will be sad to leave the school he has treated as his second home as he has been attending the school since he was in grade school. He deserves a loyalty award for this. Taking a different path from his classmates and friends is also what he dreads. But that's how the cycle of being a student is. People comes and goes in search for something worthwhile that will keep them going with life and one step to it is by graduating in high school to aim for his desired profession or whatever walks of life he would soon choose.

Kyungsoo enters the school's gates with familiarity as if he's just entering the doors to his house. He trudges along the school grounds, passes by the field, the vast garden then towards his new building. Students are loitering around just before the school bell rings. Besides they still have thirty minutes to spare on chatting and playing around, while Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo is totally alone. He  doesn't have any company yet. Sighing heavily and trying to glance minute by minute from left to right to spot for his two bestfriends, Luhan and Baekhyun, however, he didn't spot them.

"Where are those morons?" He mumbles to himself while scratching the back of his pale neck.

He continued walking up to his new building where junior and senior students reside. He passed by the first floor rooms which is now occupied with excited third year students catching up with their friends while some transferees are trying to mingle with the others in search for a new friend. Kyungsoo is getting jealous to some of the students who already have their friends to be with. Watching them makes him want to be accompanied to someone who is closed with, but as he ascends up to the third floor, the familiar people he keeps on searching are still not on sight. He heaves a deep exhale, staring on the ground while walking and this reminds him how he hates first day of school because he'll be alone searching for company of his two best bestfriends. He doesn't mind being alone but in times like this where they would be able to meet again after four months of vacation will surely fill in the gaps on how much he misses his two dork besties.

Fine, I'm alone. Totally alone

He sticks out his lower lip as he lowers his head, but still careful not to bump with other students.

“DO KYUNGSOO!!” Someone surprisingly calls him behind making him flinch by the high pitched voice whom he's sure to be Baekhyun.

Turning around to face his bestfriend whom he misses so much, he sees Baekhyun waving from a distance. A huge smile curls onto his face as finally he has Baekhyun with him now. Baekhyun runs up towards him, giving him a hug.

 “Kyungsoo, how have you been? I miss your owlish bright eyes." He says gleefully as they tightly hugged in the middle of the hallway.

"Same here Baek," Kyungsoo pulls away from the hug and the two gave each other a bright sincere smile.

Going back to their senses, they soon noticed that students start surrounding them, well more of flocking around angel eyes Byun Baekhyun, one of the killer heartthrobs in their school.

"Here we go again. Same old same old." Kyungsoo mumbles looking pissed just like Baekhyun.

Girls from different grade levels start asking for a date with Baekhyun and they start professing their feelings incessantly amd it is ringing on both of their ears which is very annoying. Despite the hidden irritation from his loud fangirls who he would likely toss off the cliff, Baekhyun could still manage to smile to them, eyes sparkling but burning with annoyance.

 

"Baekhyun, you're so beautiful like a rose that blooms every spring."

"I really love you Baekhyun Oppa!"

"It's already been two years since I fall for you."

"I miss you Baekhyunnie Oppa, please date me!"

 

To know more about Baekhyun, he is the youngest son of the founder of their school; he's also one of the prettiest boys inside the campus, so every girl and some guys could easily fall for him. But Baekhyun hates it because from all this time, there's only one person that he would like to offer his heart to, and that person is not one of his crazy admirers.

"Oh, hello everyone, I know how much all of you missed me," he fakes a smile while Kyungsoo just remains behind, watching. Baekhyun suddenly chortles a bit then but his face turns scary serious, yet with a daunting smile.

"BUT SORRY GUYS I TOLD YOU ALL THAT I AM ING GAY TO MY ONE AND ONLY WU YI FAN! KRIS HYUNG IS THE ONLY ONE INSIDE MY HEART! DRILL THAT INFO TO YOUR HEADS ES!" He is overacting when he explains and if this were a cartoon, smokes will blow from his ears and nose. Just from his emphasized statement earlier, his fangirls soon drop their heads, eyes downcast, teary and they sigh in defeat. They're all busted and Baekhyun is one hella scary eruption of solid emotions, making his face red.

"NOW, BACK OFF! AND STOP FANGIRLING OVER ME!" he yelled. But then he smiles sardonically.

With hearts shattering one by one, his admirers one by one leave with a sad expression on their faces.

Kyungsoo turns to him, left eye twitching from "Isn't it too much Baek?"

“How’s Kris doing? Is he our classmate this year? Where is he? Is he fine?" Baekhyun bombards him with a lot of questions instead while jumping like a little child. Kyungsoo  stares at him with his round eyes, mentally slapping his friend for skipping his remark earlier and jumping to Kris' whereabouts. 

 

Aish, this guy never change 

 

"WHAAAAT? WHERE IS HE?? IS HE OUR CLASSMATE?" he questions in a loud voice that the whole building has definitely hear. He earns some stares from other students but he doesn't pay attention to them. 

"He's not our classmate anymore but-----"

"WHAAAAAT??!!!! WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS HE TRANSFERRING? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" he shrieks, his face redder and he is violently shaking Kyungsoo. 

"Yah! Stop shaking me! Let me explain first. Aish!" When Baekhyun has let go of him, Kyungsoo pressed the lint on his school shirt and scowls at his bestfriend.

Baekhyun steps away and pouts. "You didn't finish my sentence and I am about to tell you that no, he's not transferring school." Baekhyun's lips curve in a huge smile that spreads on his face. 

 

 

 

"SERIOUSLY????"

 

 

Kyungsoo gives Baekhyun a narrow look, telling him to lower down his voice first, but still, Baekhyun doesn't care. Ah, the perks of being a daughter of the owner of their school.

 

"He's just from the other section, don't worry so calm the down and lower your ing voice." Kyungsoo can be scary too as he chastises Baekhyun.

The thing is, Baekhyun has a HUGE CRUSH ON KRIS who turns out to be Kyungsoo's cousin. To spill some few details, Baekhyun becomes hyper and enthusiastic whenever Kris is the topic. 

"YESSSSH !! WHOAAAAH!!! KRIS HYUNG, I'LL IMPRESS YOU THIS TIME! I'LL WIN YOUR HEART AND WE WILL BE TOGETHER!" he confesses out loud shamelessly and Kyungsoo could only facepalm.

"Ah, Kris," he murmurs dreamily and this time, Kyungsoo sighs in exasperation.

"Come on now, let's keep going or we're going to be late." Kyungsoo reminds his bestfriend and they soon started walking towards their assigned room two blocks from where they are when suddenly, he notices that Baekhyun is not following him.

Clicking his tongue, Kyungsoo turns around only to see Baekhyun daydreaming on the same spot where she was earlier.

"Aish this love sick brat." Kyungsoo crosses his arms and sighs before dragging Baekhyun to him then to their room.

The er is still day dreaming.

"Wu Fannie~" Baekhyun keeps on mumbling with his pretty eyes dazzling like diamonds as he daydreams about his own fantasies with Kris.

 As Kyungsoo drags his dreaming bestfriend along the hallway, in which isn't that much crowded anymore, someone called his name behind.

"Kyungsoo! Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo whips his head back as they are around the corner, he sees Luhan running towards them.

"Luhan!" Suddenly releasing Baekhyun from his grasp, he meets Luhan halfway and bumps fist with him.

Baekhyun is clueless, still daydreaming and talking on how he and Kris will date in the future.

"How have you been?" Luhan asks with his pretty smile and no he is not gay. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are gay.

"I'm fine. How about you? You're still the same." Kyungsoo responds.

"Yeah, still playing soccer even in the heat of summer and still handsome." They both laugh together then Luhan shifts his gaze behind Kyungsoo who also followed his line of sight. "Baekhyun? Still the same crazy gay of your cousin. Things don't change between the three of us huh?" he scratches his head, smirking then approaches their gay  bestfriend.

"Kris hyung," he mumbles while daydreaming.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes while watching Luhan do the trick to snap out Baekhyun out of his daydreaming. to ma. Well, only Jieun can do that.

"!! IT'S KRIS!! HE'S WITH A GIRL!" Luhan shouts and points to an empty direction just to lure Baekhyun to go back to reality. With a fraction of second, he wakes up from daydreaming and whips his head towards where Luhan pointed. "WHERE?!! WHERE??!!" Baekhyun tilts his head from left to right, eager to see Kris at the moment.

"With a girl, huh?" Someone talked behind the three of them. Surprised, they turn around to face the handsome, Kris and if this were an anime, flowers would start appearing around him.

"Kris hyung!" Kyungsoo greets first, followed by Luhan who smirks because he got the perfect timing while Baekhyun, he shifts his gaze on the ground while fumbling his fingers awkwardly, obviously nervous.

"H-Hey," Baekhyun stutters, shy to look up on his crush's face. 

Kris flashes his perfect teeth as he smiles to each one of them. Kris knew that Baekhyun has a crush on him, but he isn't even bothered by it at all. Probably because he is straight and Baekhyun knows about it too, but rarely brings up because pain is not friendly.

"What class are you in?" Baekhyun asks, slightly tilting up his head and surprising Luhan and Kyungsoo as they exchange glances.

Wow, Baekhyun asked Kris a question which is a rare occurrence as Baekhyun always becomes the shy and awkward guy he is whenever Kris is around, a huge contrast on how he reacts when Kris is the topic of their conversation.

 

------

 

Meanwhile, there was a boy who's striding fast as he could and is actually hiding in every wall that could hide his presence. 

 

Here I am again, being chased by those crazy girls

  

He keeps on walking fast until he reaches the second floor hallway where Kyungsoo, Kris, Luhan and Baekhyun are. He hides behind a post, and breathes heavily, but the annoying admirers he has are getting nearer him so he starts to run, again.

 

"THERE HE IS !!!!!!!!!" someone shouted.

 

Crap, I'm caught, what to do?

 

He kept running and running and his uniform is already unkempt and his lungs burn since he has been running for thirty minutes straight away from his desperate admirers.

 

Girls started squealing and shouting.

 

They ran to him.

 

And this is the time when he makes a big decision that he never expects to happen one day.

 

------

 

"Class 3" He answers, a soft smile is given towards Baekhyun and his cheeks are turning redder than normal. "You?" Kris still asks though he already knows the answer.

"S-Same with Luhan and Kyungsoo." Baekhyun is stuttering, his eyes darting and unfocused on the ground. 

Kyungsoo and Luhan are secretly sniggering behind them when suddenly Kris turns to him with a smug look on his chiseled face.

"I see. Well, I'm going, nice to meet all of you again." he says after glancing on his watch.

Five minutes before homeroom starts.

"And Baek, I don't have a girl."

Kris plasters his best smile and is about to leave when something happened.

 

 

 

"WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

Just before the four of them could leave, they stop on their tracks, surprised by the squealing and shouting and heavy stomps of feet. They turn their heads from where the shouts and that commotion come from. All of them see a guy running; he is obviously running away from girls who are chasing him.

The guy is about to go their way.

On the other hand, Kyungsoo just stares, amused as his eyes widen. The guy who was running stopped and glanced on the place where Kyungsoo and his friends are. Kyungsoo watches him intently.

 

"JONGIN OPPPPPAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" The girls shriek and stops as Jongin does something unexpected.

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo is confused. Who the is Jongin?

Kyungsoo hears this Jongin guy murmur and he couldn't comprehend what the guy had said when suddenly, long fingers wrap around his wrist. He throws his head to his assailant and gasps in shock.

"Hey!" It is Jongin and without your friends' and cousin's help who are all frozen on their places from what is happening right in-front of their eyes. Jongin pulls Kyungsoo at the center of the hallway, facing a swarm of girls. "What are you doi---" he gets cut off from how tight Jongin's grip is.

The desperate girls give Kyungsoo laser glares that send the hairs on his back stood on their ends. He glances to Luhan and Baekhyun and Kris. But the three of them seem to be waiting for the next thing that will happen.

Kyungsoo curses them in his head for not rescuing him. He wriggles his wrist away from Jongin, but the boy is stronger than him.

It's too fast and it's a blur as it happens.

Jongin planted a kiss on Kyungsoo's heart shaped lips.

The tanned male with beautifully crafted jaw, tall and lean body proudly wraps an arm around Kyungsoo's petite waist who is now has his cheeks flaming red from embarrassment. "I told you all that I am gay and he is my boyfriend!" A victorious smirk draws his lips and Kyungsoo has never been furious like this in his entire life.

"What the ?!"

Kyungsoo is now all set to kick his assailant’s balls, but couldn't get himself to do it.

What the happened to his supposed to be peaceful and normal first day of school?

 

This Jongin whatever stole his first kiss.

 

This Jongin

This Jongin...

 

He will ing kill him.

 


a/n: lame first chapter