Wished for a star, and he granted the most brightest

Star Grave

Chanyeol was sitting here, right in the small version of his own world. A normal size room, fitted for a single bed, a table filled up with astronomy, a closet and a bathroom which was clearly for one person. There was nothing special about it, but Chanyeol would say that the ceiling was his pride. He designed it, an open space. Once eyed open, Chanyeol could see the sky and stars through toughtened glass; and Chanyeol even glued bunches of noctilucent stars. In case it’s rain, Chanyeol replied Sehun, nonchalantly of his brother’s judging stare. Except from the infinite galaxy he obsessed with out there, his room was like his second favorite hiding place. Chanyeol didn’t like being disturbed by others. Sehun, as an example, never set foot in this room over 10 times, just because Sehun didn’t have any interest in those sparkling twinkling things.

But at this moment, how ironically, Chanyeol had to share his own world with another.

 

*

*        *

 

Chanyeol was starring at the strange boy who was sitting on the floor for more than 2 minutes. No matter how his eyes changed, there still a huge question clinging above his head. Sometimes Chanyeol patted on his head to stop the dizzy feeling caused by the crash earlier.

 

It all went back to 15 minutes ago…

The sky today was murky, the moon seemed like being lovelorn somehow because its light was so dull and grey, which was very disappointing. Chanyeol fixed his telescope in different directions, counted 50 stars no more no less. It was too far from his expectation. Chanyeol cursed the weather forecast, the hell there would be meteor shower tonight, nonsense. But there was still one thing hold his sense back, that certain star still shone. Perhaps there weren’t many stars tonight, so Chanyeol felt this star was brighter than usual. It could be count as a victory in a gloomy night, couldn’t it? Chanyeol might not recognize that he was smiling, to himself, and to the certain star. Right when Chanyeol was about to pack his stuff and come down, suddenly he heard a sound “chyu” “chyu” one by one. Chanyeol turned back fastly, stopped everything.

 

Meteor shower. It was real.

Hundreds of stars were crashing down, the silver spark never failed to make him interested. Chanyeol took the telescope, rushing to see this beautiful view. And right when he catched a sight of it, he felt dizzy.

Dizzy because of a kind of striking brilliant light enough to make his eyes go blind. That brilliant thing, looking closer, it was a ball of pure light, flying towards him with super speed.

Chanyeol remembered, before he fainted and everything went black, his entirely body hurted, he spitted out something.

“El Doreous.”

His star had fallen.

 

*

*        *

 

Hands on knees, trying to get up, Chanyeol shook his head to take back the balance after the hit. As his body numbed and his brain was still working on believing that a star, nothing but a star, has just fallen on him.

When Chanyeol rubbed his eyes and blinked at once, he could barely see the figure in front of him. The star seemed to be absolutely fine, the shining spark still glowing, though it wasn’t as bright as before. Its light could still lighten up the whole place.

The star raised his voice, Chanyeol heard strange sound buzzing close to his ears.

“Sorry?”

Yeah, right. You should say so sorry when you accidentally fall on people.

“Sorry?”

“Heard that.” Chanyeol grunted.

“Can you see me?”

If I hadn’t seen you, I would have not answered.

“It this the Earth?”

You clearly didn’t determine the route before falling, I bet.

The star got closer to Chanyeol and he was just stept back a bit, just because of reflexes.

 

That halo disappeared, gave back the night unbroken. Chanyeol finally found enough nerves to look directly at the star which was just fallen down.

Chanyeol invented many theories on how stars would look like. But somehow, as he remembered, there wasn’t any theory said that a star would be a copy of a young man like the one who was standing in front of him.

Silence walked after silence, until the star suddenly asked Chanyeol a question.

“Can you see me? All of me? It’s okay if you can’t, because honestly no one has ever seen the entire me.”

Chanyeol stayed still. His eyes glanced from head to toes. The star looked nothing more than human. Well, maybe more perfect than human. The star had a blondish beige hair, pale skin so white that Chanyeol nearly thought it was transparent. Small face of delight features mixed with gentle curves which gave the peaceful and comfortable feeling. Light red lips, the upper lips naturally curved up slightly in a very good different way that attracted others. But what Chanyeol found the most outstandingly beautiful in that already beautiful face was the eyes. The hollow eye sockets dotted inside were golden highlights, filled with stardust, or little sparklings, Chanyeol guessed. Inside the two pupils of the eyes, Chanyeol could feel his star universe in slow motion, like defination of time was no longer exist. Overall, the star’s face was a combination of exquiste features, perfectly created a heaven-sent work of art. And the sensation form the star, Chanyeol didn’t know what to say. What he meant was, the boy who sitting in front of him right now, he was a star, true or not true?

 

Little star universe inside bright eyes.

Inside Chanyeol’s head, there was a no.

Because that sounded so fanciful.

 

*

*           *

 

“So… do you have any question?”

“Say whatever you like.” said Chanyeol.

“Well,” The star took a deep breath, “I am a star. I come from a galaxy that 129614 lightyears far away. As counted by galaxy calender, I am 129 years old.”

“El Doreous…” His words came out randomly.

“No no..” The star lightly shook head, “… is Baekhyun. My name is Baekhyun.” How the hell can he heard what he said? That two words were in small voice.

Another sudden silence. The focus eyes of the star made Chanyeol feel uncormtable. Though it was his favorite star, appearing in no expections left the situation went awkward, honestly.

“So, Baekhyun…” Chanyeol hesitated because he was used to the name “El Doreous”, “Why did you fall?”

Baekhyun smiled, about to answer but then there was someone knocking the door.

“What are you doing with all the rumble noises?” Sehun yelled curtly outside. “It’s very late now. Aren’t you going to bed?”

Waiting for the footsteps went far until completely gone, Baekhyun turned to ask Chanyeol.

“Who’s that?”

“My obnoxious brother, don’t bother.” Chanyeol replied then took the blanket out, lay down on his bed, and before falling into sleep, he didn’t forget to turn of the light. He didn’t want that kid next door complain at the end of the month, the time when bills were trouble. Sehun always knew exactly how to make Chanyeol want to chop his head, or in contra.

 

The late night breezes were a bit cold, there wasn’t many stars in the sky, only a dark moon. Chanyeol couldn’t sleep. With blanket over head, Chanyeol thought. He thought about what happened earlier, about the strange star suddenly fell on him. Chanyeol let his thought expanded and roamed to those bright eyes, the softly fragile but very delicate and lyrical. He thought about what confused him, what he didn’t understand. But more than anything, stronger than any thought, Chanyeol thought about that smile of the star, which only lasted for few seconds but caused storm inside him, even until now.

Baekhyun’s smile was the thing Chanyeol clueless the most.

 

Remembering something important, Chanyeol sat up, surprised when Baekhyun was still sitting right there looking at him without blinking. Chanyeol threw a blanket at Baekhyun then lay back again, faced the wall.

“I’m Chanyeol. And stop glowing, I can’t sleep.”

That sentence caused instant effect. Baekhyun stopped glowing. Although they didn’t see each other’s face, the image of Baekhyun smiling and whisper “Goodnight, Chanyeol!” to him clinged in his state of mind. Because it was so real, and because Baekhyun’s voice was so beautiful that once Chanyeol heard, it could never leave his head.

After that, Chanyeol slowly closed his eyes, yet his head still a litle giddy. Chanyeol was dreaming. He had a vision of himself saying the star’s name so many times that he didn’t even remember what was the name he called that star at first.

 

Since Baekhyun’s arrival, and since that shining smile captured in his memory, Baekhyun, to Chanyeol, meant that the star.

 

*

*        *

 

“Are you freaking kidding me?” shouted Sehun. Chanyeol frowned because of his brother’s deafening sceam. Sometimes, Chanyeol wondered what the hell was Sehun made of.

“Your brother didn’t,” Baekhyun said, greeted Sehun. “I really am a star.”

What the hell is going on? Sehun bothered. He was living in peace and enjoy Sunday morning at the coffee shop, but then Chanyeol shown up with this self-proclaimed star. Great, Chanyeol hyung, how great!

“Granted wish?” asked Sehun, “Oh your wish came true now~” then said dryly.

Baekhyun was curious, “Wish?”

“Right right. My brother wished that he could have a star for his own. One of his craziest wish, I’m telling you.”

“Aigoo~ Chanyeol, you’re cute!”

“Don’t.cute.me.” Chanyeol winced. That word was never in the dictionary of describing Park Chanyeol.

“Hey, Chanyeol, can you take to me some nice places?” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol expectedly. If the person standing in front of Baekhyun was Chanyeol of few days ago, Chanyeol wouldn’t be so easy to be envolved. But very strange this time, with only one sentence and one glance, Chanyeol was caught.

And just like that, Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol’s arm and pulled him out of the coffee shop with the satisfied smile on the face. After they left, Sehun lethargically intook his own joy of drinking hot milky coffee as a prize for himself, muttering alone as if he was talking to Chanyeol on phone, “Hyung, you are so doomed.”

*

*        *

 

Baekhyun wanted to go to the theme park, which caused a series of inner fight inside Chanyeol. The fight ended up with Chanyeol, bought tickets with bitter manner, tried to hide himself from the judging look of others. Two teenage boys, going to theme park in the morning. It should be someone really smart that could come out with the proper reason for this.

Chanyeol walked behind Baekhyun, watching the little one dancing with every step he took, hands reached for the juicy green leaves, the excitement in those golden eyes when Baekhyun’s head spinned along with the orbit of giant roller coaster or grabbed Chanyeol’s sleeve, asking for rowing.

But Baekhyun didn’t know that all of his actions made Chanyeol wonder about the galaxy where Baekhyun came from. Chanyeol wanted to know so badly what was there in place Baekhyun lived, what was about it that make Baekhyun left and came to the Earth. Chanyeol told himself, one day he would ask Baekhyun.

 

The warm of sunlight didn’t feel like in the middle of winter. Chanyeol slowly propelled the boat by moving the oars. At that time, there were only them on the river. Maybe others afraid of coldness. But Chanyeol didn’t feel cold at all. The boat made shadow on the water surface, Chanyeol could see themselves reflecting and shaking too. No, actually there was only Chanyeol’s shadow. Baekhyun was shining so bright that the river surfaced wasn’t able to draw his figure.

Baekhyun slided his hand into the water, he smiled and shrugged when the water slipped through fingers, a little bit warm and a little cold. Baekhyun lifted his head up looking directly to the sun. Chanyeol didn’t surprised when he did that. Because Baekhyun’s light was just as strinkingly bright as the sun, at least that what Chanyeol thought.

 

“Chanyeol, look… the sun is so beautiful!”

“Chanyeol, you should look at the sun too. I think it is smaller when I see it from my galaxy.”

“Chanyeol… Do you believe that when we get too close to the sun, we will be burned?”

Yet only winter winds answered Baekhyun’s idly questions.

 

“Chanyeol… It’s raining right now.”

 

Finally, Chanyeol opened his mouth saying something. But right at that moment, not less than a second, he felt the heat approaching him, at the same time he looked up and realized Baekhyun was so close. Baekhyun was kneeling next to him, arms over his head making a shelter. It was not long time ago when the sky was still baby blue, but now it was raining harder and harder. Chanyeol looked again, the rain drops were falling, indeed, but not onto him. They felt down on Baekhyun’s body, then there was no more. All Chanyeol could see was rain drops vapored. The reason was the heat from Baekhyun’s body.

Chanyeol didn’t care whether he got wet or not.

Poor those rain drops, they didn’t have chance to meet land. Somehow, Chanyeol was just like the rain drops, he wanted to vapor so bad because he felt his face blushing nonstop when his eyes met Baekhyun’s eyes. And how ironic, Chanyeol was so stunned. There was no way to escape the eye contact.

“Chanyeol, don’t move.” Baekhyun smiled, again, so many times since they met.

Chanyeol silently checked his heartbeats. Fast then slow, then fast again. But it was more “fast”.

 

Chanyeol realized that he couldn’t take his eyes off of Baekhyun.