My Buddy likes My Girl?

My Buddy likes My Girl?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kwon Yuri had been my best friend for 8 years. We did everything together-school projects, video games, joint birthday parties, girl watching...I was always there for him and he was always there for me. We made fun of each other, but it was all out of love. He was the guy I wore with matching outfits on Halloween, the guy that my mom thought i was secretly gay for (which I wasn't, honestly). We never got in fights because we knew each other's limit.

 

But one day, Yuri crossed the line. 

 

"Soo, can i ask you a question?" he inquired one afternoon, a lazy saturday filled with college apps and distracting video games.

 

"Sure," I mumbled. I was in the middle of writing my essay response for one of my application when he asked, so i didn't feel need to give him any further acknowledgement. 

 

"It's....kind of important," he said. At this i stopped typing and looked up at my best friend, wondering what he could he say that it was important than college applications.

 

"Okay," I said slowly. "What is it?"

 

"How would you feel if I...." he hesitated.

 

"If you?" I prodded.

 

The rest of his sentence destroyed me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"If i asked Jessica out?"

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

..WHAAAAAT?!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For an instant, I felt like I was about to throw up. My entire world flipped upside-down; Yuri wanted to ask Jessica out? Jessica, the girl i dated for a year and ten months. Jessica, my first real girlfriend; my first kiss; my first EVERYTHING. Jessica, the girl who dumped me a month ago for no apparent reason and broke my heart. He was asking me how would i feel if he dated that JESSICA?

 

 

My heart pounded furiously, Was he serious?

 

I panicked. "I didn't know you liked her," I said, my words coming out in a jumbled rush of syllables. 

 

 

Yuri shrugged nervously.

 

 

"I didn't even know you guys were friends." My head hurt, I was trying to get it to stop telling my mouth to say stupid things. 

 

"Will you answer the question, Soo?" A pang of betrayal shot me in the heart. Did he not realize how absurd of a question

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter