Bad Timing

Mixed Signals

RING!

 

I got a text message. I apologize to Sooyoung and looked at my phone.

 

From: Black Pearl

I'm done with class; come to the parking lot

 

I put my phone in my pocket and tried to ask Sooyoung again..

 

"Do you-"

 

RING!

 

From: Black Pearl

Now.

 

"Sorry, Soo; I have to go. You know how Yuri is See you tomorrow, okay?

"Oh, okay; See you! I love you!

 

I was halfway down the stairs when she told me that. We never say that to each other and it was weird hearing it from her. I gave her a small smile and went to the parking lot. I opened the door to Yuri's car. We were driving in silence. Yuri arrived at my work place. I was a little frustrated when I couldn't get to ask Sooyoung about her feelings about me.

 

"You couldn't have more of a bad timing, Yuri..even when you're not there with me.." My best friend looked at me weirdly.

"Get out of my car; you're here."

"Bye, bad timing"

"Bye, frustration; have fun at work." I gave her a glare but she simply drove off.

 

The Next Day

 

"Sicaaaa, talk to meeeee!"

 

I was listening to music and once again, Sooyoung just finished eating. I don't know why but Sooyoung keep on insisting me to talk to her.

 

"About what?"

"Anything! Just don't listen to music!"

"But I'm listening to SNSD's Star Star Star!"  (:

"Listen to ME. You know what? Rock, Paper, Sicssors; if YOU win, then you get to listen to music but if I win, you have to talk to me. Deal?"

"Sure.."

Me: Paper : Sooyoung: Sicssors

Me: Paper : Sooyoung: Paper

Me: Rock  : Sooyoung: Sicssors 

 

"Gosh, this is intense!"

I smiled and was trying to anticipate what Sooyoung would pick next. I played a paper and she played rock. I screamed in victory and Sooyoung was pouting. I turned off my ipod and turn my body to face her. She smiled again when she saw that I chose to talk to her instead.

 

"So what you want to talk about?"

"I don't know; just ask me anything;"

"Hmmm.."

 

I tried to think of something to ask her. I suddenly remembered what I want to ask her yesterday.

 

"Do you like anyone?"

"Hmm, no. There's no one to like."

 

I was a little disappointed to hear that Sooyoung don't like anyone. I don't know why. Maybe it wasn't the answer I was expecting.

 

"Oh."

"Do YOU like anyone, Sica?"  I wanted to see if Sooyoung really don't like anyone.

"Yes."

"Really? Who?"

"A person."

"A boy or girl?"

"A girl" I glanced at her; nothing.

"Do I know her?"

"What's with the 20 questions, Soo?" I giggled when I saw her pouted.

"I just want to know my best friend's crush..that's all.." I gave her a frown.

 

You don't treat me like a best friend...and I don't want you too.

 

"No more questions."

"Aw, come one Sica! Then tell me how she look likes."

"Short-hair and tall.." I glanced at her. She had her head tilt to the side.

"Is it me? Am I your crush, Sica?"

 

I kept silence for a minute. I looked at her.

 

"No, Soo why would it be you?" I scoffed and start messing with my keychain.

"Oh, just taking out the possiblities..haha!" 

 

We went back to our own little world. Sooyoung's brother, Siwon came by to our table.

 

"Soo, we got to go; Umma wants us to come home early today. Don't ask why;"

"Okay, got to go, Sica;"

"Bye, Soo.."

"I love you"

 

Sooyoung went over to me and gave me a peck on the lips and walk off with her brother. I was shocked but at the same time when I realized that I was kissed by Sooyoung, I got frustrated.

 

"She told she don't like anyone but her actions says different...GRR." 

 

I went into my Ice Princess mode and went to my second class.