Feelings

Wonderwall

 



Chapter 11: Feelings



"Heads up, stand straight, both hands holding the tray and smile." 

The head of the maid system in the Kim's Residence, Granny Gyeong hit Sang Mi with a pointer pen in each words she said. Sang Mi twitched in every pain she gets. She smiled as told. 

Granny Gyeong glared at her asking, "Sang Mi, would you want to serve your Master with full sincerity?" Without hesitating, the girl just nodded drastically. "Then look sincere." Granny Gyeong answered with a firm voice. "But chief, I really smile with all my heart!" Sang Mi exclaimed. It's been an hour and a half since her maid's training/lesson started. She never thought that being a maid was this hard. If she have known, she would've accepted Kai's offer of becoming another kind of worker.

'Is this why he offered me those jobs instead?'  She thought. Just as she was lost in her own world, the tray slid off her hands. "FOCUS!" Granny Gyeong shouted. She was surprised but she picked up the tray quickly and got back in pace. 'Forgive me for ever doubting you, Kai!'  Sang Mi cried in her mind.

The old woman kept her pointer pen in and packed. "EH?" Sang Mi questioned.

"Maybe today's not such a good day. I'll continue tomorrow right after you've finished school, got it?" Granny Gyeong pointed at her. As usual, Sang Mi nodded and bowed exactly 90 degrees. "Thank you for your hard work!!" She said with a loud and energetic voice. Granny Gyeong smiled as she finished bowing.

"Geez, being a maid is sure hard." Sang Mi sighed.

As she was packing her things, she looked out of the large window with big pretty red curtains in the room. "He's going out again..." She muttered, referring to her boss, Kai. It's been almost a week since Kai's acting all weird. He often goes out since the past few days and came back drunk or he's not even coming back. It all happened after the day she saw Se Hun comforting Kai.

Everytime she thinks about it, she feels slight pain on her chest. The fact that this all happened after witnessing such warm view of the two close buddies that have no one but each other. That understands only each other. She's also noticed that Kai and Se Hun weren't talking to each other anymore. 'What happened?'  She wonders almost everyday. When it comes to being direct and honest, she's really not the one. Asking Kai about seems to be a big fear to her. One, Kai'll probably thinks she's annoying. Second, who's she to ask? Third, her ego for Kai is just as high as a guy's to a girl.

"Miss Sang Mi?" called a voice.

"Ah, yes?" She turned back.

"You're work is done, you can go home now." A tall well-toned-body man in a suit appeared.

"Eduardo!" She bowed. 

This is Eduardo Agustin. He's been here for three days and is Kai's personal butler. To make it simple, he's job is quite similar to mine. We are working under the Kim Residence but Kai's orders are absolute to us. So that's why I need to work hard on the lessons. They're a bit special than what the regular maids learnt. I, together with Eduardo were requested to be Kai's personals himself.

Eduardo is a nice guy eventhough he's a foreigner. He tries really hard to communicate with us and trying to make us understand what he's saying. However, Eduardo is here because Kai wants someone who has self-defense-- someone who can fight.

He(Eduardo) has a well-structured nose, a nice body, he's really fair. His eyes are grayish kinda blue and his hair is pitch black with a slicked back hairstyle to keep his long front hair from his face. I wonder why Kai wanted someone like him...

When he first came, the maids swoon and fantasize about him a lot and I admit, he is good-looking and sweet but the first person he talked to was me and that's because he wants to know more about Kai.

"Hello, my name is Eduardo Agustin. You must be Lady Sang Mi. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Hello! You can just call me Sang Mi. It's a pleasure to meet you too!"

That's how our first greetings went...

"If Miss Sang Mi would like, Eduardo can walk you home--"

"Eduardo!" Sang Mi let out an angry tone making the young man flinched. "What is it? Did Eduardo said something??" He began to worry and tried to calm Sang Mi down. 'There he goes again...'  Sang Mi grinned mischeviously. "I'm not mad, Eduardo." She stated. Eduardo sighed in relief, he felt like thousand pounds of weight just lifted from him. 

Sang Mi pouted and leaned on the table. "But I did want you to cut the 'Miss' thing, right? And with me, you can refer yourself as 'I'. Got it?" She smiled.

He put on a somewhat sad face on himself. "I understand." He bowed slightly. "Eduardo, if you're gonna walk out of this room with a long face like that, people are gonna think I did something bad." She cupped Eduardo's cheeks and slapped them gently twice. "Smile!" 

 


"Thank you for all your hard work today." Kyungsoo thanked the new staffs that worked together on a photoshoot with them. They bowed respectfully and left with huge smiles. Kyungsoo ofcourse, was glad that they enjoyed working with their people. He wouldn't want the workers to say bad things about Baek Hyun not treating them right-- not true but rumours might spread from a very vengeful person. 

"Se Hun-ah. Let's go eat." Kyungsoo packed his stuffs and were about to leave but he didn't hear any moving sound from Se Hun's place. Hence, Se Hun didn't even shift to other positions. "Yah, Oh Se Hun." Kyungsoo called out softly. The kid didn't even look at him. "Ah... cham." He sighed and took the bottle spray to aim at Se Hun. Inside, it was the water for your hair. 

Se Hun got up from his seat as he was surprised. "What the heck, hyung?" He frowned at Kyungsoo. "Oh, so you're getting mad at me now? You're the one who's been spacing around." Kyungsoo crossed his hands. Se Hun squinted his eyes at Kyungsoo for a while. "W-What's with that look?!" Kyungsoo sprayed him again. 

The young model yawned and stretched himself. "Hyung, I'm really tired..." He packed his things and slid his bag to his back. "Can we just go home?" He asked. Kyungsoo was curious about Se Hun as usual. "Alright." Kyungsoo answered. "But on the way home, you're gonna explain what's happened between you and Kai." He stopped Se Hun.

"Damn, hyung. You're good." Se Hun covered his mouth and looked away. 

 

"I see..." Kyungsoo nodded silently. So in general, you two were fighting about a girl?" He asked out of the blue. "I wouldn't say it like that!" Se Hun turned away. "Hmmm?" Kyungsoo looked at him with much curiousity. "Kai sees that girl in a different way, okay? H-He can't seem to touch that girl so carelessly like what he always does to other women." Se Hun told off his point of view which was true, no doubt. 

Kyungsoo went silent for a few seconds. "The fact that Kai sees her in a different way, you know what it means, don't you?" He asked again. This time, Se Hun kept quiet. "You did something to tease the girl but indirectly, without you noticing, your actions look like you're taking advantage of Kai's weakness." Again, Do Kyungsoo strikes.

"I'm not in any part of this. They can do whatever they want." Se Hun said. "So you're saying it doesn't bother you at all? Kai going out with the girl."

His eyes widened a bit at Kyungsoo's question. 'Kai going out with Hyun Ae...?'  All sorts of scenes went up in his mind. "I think I'm making your mind crazy right now, aren't I?" Kyungsoo laughed. "But there's one more question from me that I would like you to hear and I hope this makes you think thoroughly." He continued making Se Hun suspen.

"What?" Se Hun looked at him.

"Do you like her?"

 


12:58 A.M

Kai closed the door and locked it. He then threw his jacket to the sofa in the wide empty living room. He sat down on the sofa, elbows on his knees and face burried by his hands. Kai rubbed his face and rested his chin on his palm. Spacing out, he thought about what's become of him.

"You're drunk again, aren't 'cha?" A tin of Coca-cola was threw at him. Fortunately, he caught it. 

Chan Yeol joined and sat on the opposite side, facing him. "Look at you." He said sarcasticly. "You look pathetic. Are you even my cousin, Kim Jong In?" He asked before taking a sip of his drink. "Shut up." Kai said. "I think you've forgotten, but you know. You still have one more of your close realtives, living in the same house as you are and is perfectly breathing well." Chan Yeol put down his drink and looked at Kai.

Kai made an annoyed face, "Just say what you want already."

"If something's bothering you then tell me, you ." Chan Yeol threw a nearby cushion at him with full force. "What's with that?!! Ignoring your last-living cousin!! If you were some random ratchet, I'd break your legs!" He added. He kept on throwing cushions until all of it were at Kai's side. Kai still looked down and lost. 

"Dude, at least there's something I could help with." Chan Yeol assured.

"If that's the case... then tell me. How does it feel like to have a crush on someone you can't even touch properly?" Kai blurted out asking something personal to him. Chan Yeol kept his mouth shut and got up. "You're definitely drunk." He was about to go back to his room. "I thought you said you'd help." Kai stopped him. 

Chan Yeol turned to him and asked, "Yah, a-are you actually having feelings... for someone?" Kai pulled his head back and looked up the chandelier hanging on the tall ceiling. "So much that I hate myself when other guys touch her." 

''How does it feel like to have a crush on someone you can't even touch properly?'  

Chan Yeol couldn't believe what he heard. "Dude, even if you have a broken heart, going out when it's daylight and coming back when it's midnight, drinking, sleeping with girls, going sober won't do any benefits to your heart." He stopped. "--And the feeling of having a crush on someone you can't even touch... I don't know. I'm going to bed, good night."

Kai let Chan Yeol go and closed his eyes. "Thank you and good night, cousin." 

 


Hyun Ae ran as fast as she could to reach the school's entrance. She's late, her uncle's got outstation business to do so no one woke her up on time and no one drove her to school. She still has a slice of bread hanging between her sealed lips.

As she entered the school's building, she muched on every piece of the toasted bread and swallow it. "I made it." She smiled in satisfaction by herself. "Better get to class now..." She muttered while running up the stairs to her class. Just then, she bumped into someone. "Crap..." She cursed. 'Wait a minute...'  she sniffed more and more as the fragrance smelled fimiliar. "Se Hun?" She looked up just to see a grumpy face.

"Stop sniffing me, ert!!" Se Hun hit her head with papers he just folded not long ago to hit her intentionally. "I'm sorry, I was just making sure. We're always together with the others so I might have got used to your scent." Hyun Ae smiled sweetly.

'If you keep on making that face, how am I suppose to...'

Se Hun wiped the sides of Hyun Ae's mouth.

Dup Dap Dup Dap Dup Dap Dup Dap

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!!" Hyun Ae shouted, pushing him away. "Hold still, moron!!" Se Hun grunted while holding her head using his right hand while the other was holding her face. "See?!" He showed her the bread crumbs. "...Bread crumbs...?" Hyun Ae looked down on his fingers. 'Ah... that's right, I was eating bread. This is so embarrassing.'  

"What did you think of, ert?" Se Hun flicked her forehead. "Anyway, go to class. You're 10 minutes late. Your homeroom teacher's probably taking attendence right now." Hyun Ae pouted as he walks down the stairs. 'Ah that's right... he's the class' representative.'  She continued walking to her classroom which wasn't really far from where she was.

"I'm sorry I'm late!!" Hyun Ae bowed as she opened the class' door. Their homeroom teacher, Mr. Park glared at her. "It's your first time being so late, is it?" He asked sternly. "Eh? You're trying really hard today, Sem(Teacher)?" Hyun Ae asked back. Mr. Park is not the type to scold his students cause their too precious to him. "What are you talking about, brat???" Mr. Park pointed at Hyun Ae. "Geez, Hyun Ae. Go back to your seat! I'm taking attendence."

Hyun Ae smiled and walked to her seat. She took chnces to glance at Mr. Park when he's looking at mouthed 'Thank You' to him. 

"Hyun Ae, you have work to do after class, got it?" Mr. Park said while writing some notes on the board. "Yes!!" Hyun Ae answered cheerfully.

 


"Thank you, you can put it next to my table." Mr. Park pointed at his table and Hyun Ae nodded. "Sem, what are these for?" She asked, looking down at the stack of papers she was holding. "The first exam is near, so these are for you guys." Mr. Park answered with crossed arms. "No way!" Hyun Ae whined. "Stop whining, the only thing you have to do is study, study and study. Although Hyun Ae, how's everything?" The teacher asked.

Hyun Ae arranged the papers properly before leaving them be. "Hmm? About my dream?" She asked with a smile. "Don't worry, there's someone who's willing to help me in that." She said. Mr. Park sighed in relief, "That's great too hear. Well then, you better get going." He grinned and Hyun Ae nodded.

She was about to exit the staff room until their Science teacher called. Hyun Ae rushed to her because she doesn't really want to go back to class. "Yes?" She asked. "You guys are having science after recess, right?" Hyun Ae nodded. "Then, please bring these things to the lab." Hyun Ae just nodded and packed the things. 

"But sonsaengnim, he's excellent in his studies."

"I understand that, but he's been skipping his evening activities since school started. He came to his basketball training for only one time. The student need to be active in both qualities. Plus, he's the class' representative As Se Hun's guardian, please re-consider about this." 

'Se Hun?'  Hyun Ae turned to the left table. There, Se Hun was seated with a very young man-- a handsome one, too! 'Who's what...?'  She thought. 'Crap! I'd better be going. It's none of my business anyway...'  She quickly rushed outside the staff room. 

She walked alone at the hallway alone with full hands. 'I can't get the image off my mind. Did he get into trouble? To be honest, I'm more curious about who's the young man beside Se Hun. Is that his brother? No, that can't be. He never talked about having a brother... Damn it! Just who--"

She tripped...

"I'm not feeling any pain!" She cried in relief. "Of course you don't!" Kai shouted. His left hand wrapped around her waist and his right, holding as much as things he could. "K-Kai!" She pushed him away and quickly picked up the things. "What were you thinking?! Can't you even walk properly??" He helped her out. 

"My goodness, Kai. What kind of guy are you to scold a girl? I've never seen this situation before." Kyungsoo walked towards them. "Hyung..." Kai looked up. Kyungsoo helped with the things too. "I'm sorry that he scolded you, are you scared?--"

Hyun Ae gasped but she covered right after. "Y-y-you!!" She exclaimed. Kyungsoo turned to her with big surprised eyes. "Hyun Ae!" He called. "Right? Or is it wrong? I'm sorry." He chuckled. "It's right, Kyungsoo." Hyun Ae smiled. "Ah, you got my name right too." 

"Did I?" They exchanged laughs together while Kai was dumbfounded right in front of them. "Excuse me--" Kai scoffed. "Hyun Ae helped me pay for my errands back when I've forgotten my wallet." Kyungsoo turned to Kai and smiled. "I see..." Kai looked somewhere else. ', I'm somehow irritated.'  He thought. "I never thought I'd meet you here, though." Hyun Ae continued to packed the things. "Seems like we're both surprised, aren't we?" He smiled

"Se Hun, if the teacher wants to see one of your guardians, call Kyungsoo. I'm seriously pissed off by that teacher." Baek Hyun kicked the wall with his coat hanging on his right arm. That's how hot he was inside the staff room.

"I called Kyungsoo but you're the on who showed up so mind telling me 'bout that?" Se Hun put on his annoyed face. "Se Hun?" Hyun Ae looked at the walking figure. "Hye--"

Se Hun stopped and looked at the situation. 'Things dropped. Kai's here. Kyungsoo's here. Hyun Ae's right in the middle. Kai looks irritated.'  Se Hun made his own assumptions in his mind. "You bumped into each other?" He asked.  

She shooked her head, "I think I almost fell but then Kai came and save me." She explained honestly. 

'Tch. Shut up. You're raging me up.'  Se Hun talked to Hyun Ae in his mind but he looked at Kai feeling annoyed. "Kai! Long time no see!" Baek Hyun waved at Kai. "How's Chan Yeol?" He clinged around Kai. "He's fine. Alive, I guess." Kai answered. "That's great! We should eat together some time!" Baek Hyun offered. 

"Hyun Ae, so you're friends with Se Hun and Kai?" Kyungsoo asked and she nodded. Looking at Kyungsoo and Hyun Ae, Se Hun suddenly remembered Kyungsoo's question; "Do you like her?" 

"A friend of Se Hun and Kai?" Baek Hyun immediately looked at Hyun Ae. "Hello, I'm Baek Hyun. Se Hun's guardian." He introduce himself. "Don't say unnecessery things!" Se Hun grunted. "Nice to meet you, I'm Bae Hyun Ae." She bowed. "That's it."

Se Hun picked the things on the floor. "How can a girl actually bring such heavy things..." He muttered. "Let's go." He grabbed Hyun Ae's hand. "Baek Hyung, Kyungsoo hyung, if your business is done here, please head back to work. Thank you for sparing your work time." Se Hun turned his head away. "Oh and Kai, just go back to class already." he coldly said. As they went down, the guys could hear Hyun Ae's voice disagreeing on Se Hun's action.

Baek Hyun patted Kai's back. "Hye, you're gonna let him treat you like that? That's odd." He blurted. Kyungsoo could sense an intense fight between the both of them. 'He's even holding back...'  Kyungsoo saw Kai gripping his fist pretty much with a strong force. "Baek Hyun, you can go first. I got some things I want to talk to Kai about." He requested.

Baek Hyun nodded, "Then I'll be going. Kai, send my regards to Chan Yeol, please? Kyungsoo, I'll wait downstairs." Kai nodded and looked at Kyungsoo. "What is it?" He asked.

"Why didn't you go after her?" Kyungsoo asked with a gentle voice. Kai was shocked but he tried to hold back. "What crap are you talking about now, hyung?" He asked. "You're hurt, aren't you?" He pointed at Kai's chest. 

"Did Se Hun told you about it?" Kai asked and Kyungsoo noded. "Though, I didn't know who the girl was..." He said. "I look pathetic." Kai brushed his finger through his hair and whimpered. "I'm being childish, but it's not fair. I'm the one who laid eyes on Hyun Ae first." Kai continued.

Kyungsoo chuckled, "If you like her that much and you want her to look at you, then why don't you show her? That's simple enough for Kai to do, right? Your an expert on women, aren't you?" Kai looked down at his hands that couldn't touch Hyun Ae so carelessly. 

"It's none of my business so I'll be leaving. If you still want my advice, it's not wrong to show how you feel but in the end, the one who gets to decide is Hyun Ae herself. Good luck, the both of you." 



End of Chapter 11