017

You, Me and Us

 

 

 

 

“Jung Ye Rin?” I stood up and the nurse smiled.

“Do you want me to come along?” he asked me. He was carrying Chanwoo all this time, because Chanwoo doesn’t want to let go of him. He doesn’t even hang onto Byunghun oppa or the others like that. He is really fond of Kris.

“It’s okay, you can wait here.”

“Are you sure?” I nodded and smiled.

“I’ll be fine. It’s just a normal check-up. Take care of Chanwoo for me.”

“If you need anything, I’ll be here.”

“I’ll be right back.” I followed the nurse to the room where a middle aged male doctor sat.

“Hello, you must be Ye Rin.” I nodded.

“Nice to meet you.” I said before seating down.

“Nice to meet you too. I’ve heard quite a bit of you from my good friend. You are one strong girl.” I just smiled as he looked at my records.

“Are you ready? We will do some normal test.” He gestured me to the seat next to him where the eye equipment are.

‘Here goes nothing.’ I thought.

He checked my eyes using the equipment and other small tests. The whole process took a while probably around half an hour before I was seated back in front of his desk. He looked at the printed results carefully and I held my hands together. He placed the paper down and looked at me while clasping his hands together.

“I have good news and bad news.” My shoulders tense when I heard bad news. Maybe I’ve been anticipating a good outcome, I had my hopes too high. He smiled before speaking.

“The bad news is that you will have to come back regularly for check-ups. The good news your eyes are improving, they are slowly reacting to light. It may be a slow process but I can say that it is a temporary loss in sight. Congratulations, you are on the road to recovery.”

I just stared at him not comprehending what he just said. He smiled and nodded his head. I open my mouth to say something but nothing came out. My lips quivered and my vision blurred, I let out a sigh. A sigh of relief. The weight on my shoulders, part of it got lifted off.

“T-thank you.”

“It is a miracle.”

“It is.” I smiled as tears rolled down my face. Tears of joy. I sniffed and wiped my tears away before composing myself.

“I’ll see you again, Miss Jung. In the meantime, do take note if there is an improvement in your vision even if it’s really slight.”

“I will. Thank you.”

“I wish you all the best.” I stood up and excused myself. I walked out slowly, I am still a bit stun. This is really happening, this is not a dream.

“Rin!” they ran to me. “How is it?”

“It’s a miracle.” He broke into the brightest smile and exclaimed in delight. Everyone looked in his direction but he didn’t care. He pulled me into a hug.  

“Thank god! This is really a miracle.” I nodded into his chest. I looked down at the little bear that was hugging my legs and bend down.

“Eomma, is going to be able to see again.” I hugged him tightly. “Thank you for coming into my life!” I whispered and held him tightly. He is my miracle baby.

“Come on, this deserves a celebration. My treat.” He lifted Chanwoo into his arms and we headed out to a nearby eatery. It wasn’t expensive or anything fanciful, it was just a simple eatery that has a homely feel to it. He ordered a variety of dishes and I wonder how we can finish them all. The lady served the food and it was delicious.

“Let’s take a picture.” He took out his phone and held it out. I held Chanwoo close to me. “Ready? Smile.”

Click.

He looked at the picture before showing it to me. “You look so happy.” I looked at the picture, he was right. That was the brightest smile I’ve seen. My eyes turned into crescents and my dimples showed themselves. I looked really happy.

“It’s nice.” I said and fed Chanwoo before going back to my food.

“Look up.”

Click. He grin.

“Beautiful.”

“Ya.”

“Ya? I’m older than you.”

“I didn’t give you permission to take photos of me.” I said.

“Why can’t I take photos of my girlfriend? You belong to me. I’m older than you so don’t ‘Ya’ me.” he kept his phone. “Call me oppa. Wait no, you have too many oppas. Ge is also not good, you have many of them. Wait isn’t it the same thing?” He was having a short conversation with himself, I discovered another side of him. He can be a goofy at times. “Give me a nickname.”

“Nickname?” he nodded.

“I’ll give you one as well.”

“I can just call you by your name.”

“Nope, that can’t do. Everyone calls me by my name. I want you to call me something special.”

“I can’t think of any.” He frowned.

“I already thought of yours.”

“I’ll think of something.” I murmured and quietly ate my food. He smiled and somehow we managed to finish all the food. He asked for the bill and we left.

“Thank you for the meal.” I was as we walked down the familiar street.

“It’s my pleasure. It’s also to commemorate our first day as a couple.” He winked at me. “Next time, I’ll bring you to a restaurant.”

“I prefer eateries or cafes. They are inexpensive but the atmosphere is good enough. I don’t want you to spend your money.”

“I want to. At least let me bring you once in a while. Let me live out my man’s romance of bring his girlfriend for something nice!” I looked at him for a while before speaking.

“Okay.”

“Eomma! Playground!” he pointed to the playground in a distance.

“Only for a while, it’s cold.” we walked there and I let him run off on his own as I kept a look out. There weren’t much people there, just another family and their 2 children. Chanwoo ran around with a big smile on his face.

“I have to bring him out more often.”

“WE have to bring him out more often.” Kris emphasised on the ‘We’ as he back hugged you, wrapping you inside his coat. You lean against him automatically and smiled.

“We.” 

“This is life.” he said softly. I agreed with him. Watching my son play and being with my loved one, it was really the best. “Chanwoo is really the cutest baby ever. It makes me wonder what our kids will look like. Will they look like him?”

“Excuse me?”

“Will they look more like me or you? If they look as cute and pretty as you, I don’t mind having more than 2.” I elbowed him lightly and he grunted. “What?” 

“I didn’t say I’ll marry you.”

“Oh but I will marry you.” he tighten his grip around my waist. “I know that you will marry me, trust me.” the thought of marrying him did come across your mind and you liked it. He seemed so happy with you and you feel the same. But the thing that is bothering you is whether you should tell him about you regaining your memories. A part of you didn’t feel good because you are deceiving him, but then again, if he knows that you regain your memories and lied to him, will he still want to be with you?

“Kris?” he hummed a reply. “What if I remember my memories and I end up hating you.” he tensed behind me. “Will you still like me?” I felt him tense. I bit my inner cheek while I waited for his answer.

“If you end up hating me, I will make you not hate me. I’ll do anything until your hate for me disappears and you fall for me again. Even if you do regain them, it doesn’t matter to me. All that matters is that I’m with you and you are with me. The present is what matters.” I smiled lightly when he said that. So maybe telling him you remembered should be okay you thought. “Why the sudden question?”

“Nothing, I’m just curious.”

“You just need to know that as long as we can be together, I’m willing to do anything. Okay baobei?”

Baobei. That 2 words made my heart flutter. I couldn’t hide my smile.

“Okay.” I whispered.

“Like you nickname?” I could picture him smiling behind me from the tone of his voice.

“I thought you wanted it to be special?” I .

“Is it not special? I’m saying it with my mouth, not everyone can hear that.” I chuckled.

“I like it.”

“Me too.” he placed a kiss on my temple.

“We better go back, it’s getting dark. Chanwoo! We have to go!”

“One more. Slide.” I placed my hand on Kris’s arm and he released me.

“Okay, last one. I went up with him and he sat on the slide. Kris squatted in front of the slide, ready to catch him. He went down the slide and Kris caught him before lifting him up into the air. I came down and walked to them, Kris was whispering something to Chanwoo. They walked up to me and Kris grabbed my arm and placed a kiss on my lips before running off with Chanwoo in his arms.

“Ya!” I ran after him and when I caught up, rewarded him with a smack on his back.

“Ow, okay I’m sorry but I can’t help that you look so cute.” Chanwoo covered his eyes and giggled.

“Not in front of him.” I hissed.

“Okay, then I’ll give him a kiss as well.” he pecked Chanwoo on the cheek making me smile. “Good enough? I’m just giving my 2 precious people my love.”

“Let’s just go home.” I shook my head and walked away.

“Wait for us.” he called out before falling into step with me. He carried Chanwoo in his left hand and as we walked, our hands kept brushing against each other. He reached out for you hand and held it in his, providing me some warmth. He would gently swing out hands as we walk to the building.

“Oh it’s that uncle.” Chanwoo exclaimed and waved. We turned around but there wasn’t anyone there. Chanwoo doesn’t really speak to strangers unless he feels comfortable with them so for him to call out uncle was surprising. We looked around but there was no one in sight.

“Baby, there isn’t anyone.”

“He was there.”

“Maybe he saw wrong.” Kris said as I took one last look. I thought I saw a slight movement from behind a car, it was in a distance and I couldn’t see clearly. Maybe it’s really nothing and I brushed it off as we continued to walk home hand in hand. Little did I know that what Chanwoo and I saw was real, we were being followed.  

```

“Good night Chanwoo.” I said as I pulled up the blanket and tucked him in before giving him a good night kiss.

“Where’s mine?” Kris asked as he laid next to Chanwoo. He had to sleep with Chanwoo again because that boy wouldn’t let him go. “So where’s mine?” he raised his chin, sticking out his cheek towards me. I glance at Chanwoo before quickly placing a peck on his cheek.

“Good night.” I said quickly as I close the door behind me. Outside, I bit my lips before smiling. The thought of having him next to me every day was pleasant. I climbed into my bed and wrapped the blanket around me. I have to think of a way to tell the others, especially Byunghun oppa about my memories and him. I can roughly guess what his reaction will be, he will be both stun and angry. He would probably oppose to me being with him. But that is all I want, just to be with him. I’ll have to convince him. I was about to fall asleep when my door opened with a soft squeak. I lifted my head up to see who it is.

“It’s me.” he whispered and my bed dipped as he crawled under the blanket with me.

“What are you doing here?” He gently placed his arm under my head and pull me over to him, hugging me tightly.

“Sleeping with you. I’m leaving tomorrow, I want to spend every second with you.” There was some sadness in his voice, I was a bit sad too but it will be a short one. After I convince the guys it should be okay. “Get some sleep.” He whispered and I didn’t say anything else and snuggled closer to him and he placed a peck my forehead before we slept.

 

 

Girl, i sesangeseo jeil bitnajanha

Girl, you shine the most in this world


Jel najeun i gotkkaji bichwo

Shine even on this lowest place


Oh girl, neowa gakkai hago sipeun geol jogeumman

Oh girl, I want to be closer to you, a little more


Ttaseuhan bicheul nanwojwo

Share that warm light


 

I opened my eyes to the sudden music and groan a little. Lifting my head from his shoulder, I found the source of the music and I nudged him.

“Kris, wake up.” he frown and snuggled towards me. “Your phone is ringing.” He opened his eyes and let out a groan before reaching out for his phone on the side table. I took a peek when he held the phone in front of him and saw who the caller was.

Luhan

“Why is he calling me at this timing?”

“You should answer it.” I rubbed my eyes and sat up, he followed suit.  “It must be important.” He sighed and nodded.

“Hello?”

“Where are you?” I heard his frantic voice from over the phone.

“Is that the first thing you ask me after calling me at 3 in the morning?”

“You need to come back now!” he sounded really worried and panicky. Kris immediately woke up from the tone of his voice.

“What’s wrong?”

“My sister, she is missing! She said she will find you and bring you back but she isn’t back for 24 hours.” He immediately looked at me. “Where have you been? You didn’t answer my calls, you skipped the rehearsal and now my sister is missing! Will you just come home, it’s been 3 days!” Kris sighed and rubbed his head in his palms. I could tell he is conflicted. She is still his fiancée and his best friend’s sister.

“I’m not coming back.”

“What??!”

“You heard me, I’m not coming back. I’m not doing the wedding.”

“What the hell are you talking about? Do you know how much she has been looking forward to it? This is not the time to be playing jokes.”

“I’m not. I’m being serious here. I’m not going to marry her. I can’t and I won’t.” He looked at me and his face softened. “I don’t love her.”

“Why now huh? Wu Yi Fan! Why now of all times?” Luhan shouted over the phone. Kris held my hand in his. His expression says it all.

 

Trust me, I’m not leaving you again. Never.

 

“It was never my decision to marry her. I wasn’t the one who insisted on getting married. Did you forget? I didn’t propose. I didn’t even say anything about marriage.”

“She loves you!”

“But I love her as a sibling. I came to realise it late and you know about this. You know how I’ve been trying to get out of this marriage thing. Your parents won’t listen to me and bring it forward whenever I mention anything about the wedding. Luhan, they are forcing me to marry her!”

 “Then why were you pulling her along? She will be hurt!” he roared over the phone and I couldn’t help but feel bad. I am part of the cause. I looked down and played with the blanket but he gave my hand a squeeze.

“I was trying to keep a promise to someone really important. But some promises are meant to be broken.” I looked up and he smiled before mouthing.

‘It’s not your fault.’

“Why now of all times!? She is missing because of you!” Kris shoulder tensed up and I could tell from the look on his face that he felt guilty. I gave his hand a squeeze and he looked at me.

‘Go.’ I mouthed to him. ‘Go and help find her.’ he shook his head. But I know inside, he is punishing himself and if he doesn’t find her, he will not be at peace for the rest of his life.

‘Go, we will be fine.’ I gave him an assuring smile. He on the other hand looked upset. I know that he doesn’t want to leave, I don’t want him to leave but if he doesn’t go, he will regret it. He let out a frustrated sigh.

“What do you have now? Her location, last seen?”

“We are checking the nearby CCTVs.” He said quietly and I know that he is stressed out and worried. Luhan really loves his sister a lot. No matter how spoilt a brat she is, he still loves her. Remembering his reaction from the last time, he probably be more worried this time around. This is the second time it’s happening to her.

“Found it!” Someone shouted from the background.

“, she got taken again! Damn it!” Luhan cried out. “It was just around the corner!”

“Send me what you have right now. Continue searching for clues or whatever you can find. I’ll be back in the morning.”

“What? Can’t you-“ he hung up before Luhan could even finish his sentence and threw his phone on the bed.

“Why? Why is this always happening?” He cried out softly. I wanted to know that answer as well. Why are things always happening to us?

“Hey,” I called out and touched his cheeks. He turned to me, his eyes were filled with fear. “We will be fine, go and help find her.”

“But-“

“No buts. I know you feel guilty because you are partly the cause. Find her and bring her back home where her family is waiting. They must be really worried. If you need help, I can try to help. Daeryong said that I am good in technology, maybe I can help you find her. I’m sure oppas would help out too if I ask them.” I caressed his cheeks. “Don’t worry, we will find her.”

He pulled me into a hug and buried his face in my hair. I smiled and patted his back. “She will be alright.”

“I don’t want to leave you alone.” He murmured.

“I won’t be, and besides, Teen Top will be coming back later in the afternoon. I need to find a way to tell them about you.”

“I don’t know how long it will take, it could take days.” I closed my eyes and my smile faded. I knew that my happiness was too sudden, too good to be true. There is always something that will block my way making me divert. I am sick of it, it keeps happening over and over again. It’s a painful process for me.

“It’s okay. We will be waiting.” I had to think positive. He promised me to stay with me. We will stay together, this is just a short separation. I have to believe that he will come back. I have to believe in him.

He pulled back and cupped my face. “Why are you so nice? So selfless?” I smiled sadly. He lean forward and kissed me.

“I promise I will come back.” I hugged him so he couldn’t see my tears forming. I wiped any stray tears quickly before he could find out. His phone sounded and I let go of him.

“You got work to do. You can use my laptop if you need too.” I pointed to the study table in the corner. “There are also spare wires in the box next to it, you can find your phone cable and connect it to the computer.”

“What will I ever do without you?”

“Better get started. I’ll get you some drinks.” I got out of bed and went to the kitchen. Once he was out of sight, I dropped my head and gripped unto the sides of the table. My lips trembled and I held in my tears. It’s happening again, we are being separated. I didn’t like it. Why is my fate playing such games with me? If it really so fun to play with me, making me happy and sad all the time? I covered my mouth to prevent a cry from escaping. It’s not fair.

Life’s not fair. It is never fair.

I took in deep breathes and calm down, wiped my tears and made some drinks. Once I’ve more or less calm down, I went back into the room where he was working. I placed the cup at the side and watch as his eyes are glued to the screen. He was worried too.

I sat myself down at the foot of the bed and didn’t bother him, I didn’t want to be a distraction. Leaning against the bed, I kept my eyes on him. The floor was a bit cold but it prevented me from sleeping. I didn’t want to be sleeping while he is doing work, both of us have a small part to play in what happened. All I can hope is that nothing really happens to her.

“Baobei?” my eyes flew open before dropping close. I struggled to keep my eyes open. I felt his hand on my arm. “What are you doing on the floor?”

“I don’t want you to stay up alone.” I mumbled as I look at him through my half open eyes, they were really heavy.

“You don’t have to do that. The floor is so cold! You could have just sleep.” He whispered as his hands wrapped around me, lifting me up immediately. I lean against his chest for warmth.

“I wanted to wait for you.” he gently placed me on the bed and threw the blanket over me. “I can’t really sleep well without you.” I whispered and I heard him snicker softly.

“You can’t sleep without me?” I just nodded. My fatigue was taking over fast as soon as he laid my head on the pillow. The softness of the bed is luring me to sleep.

“Me too.” he pushed my hair back and was about to move away when I reached out for his arm.

“You need to sleep too.” then my hand dropped, my eyes failed the battle against fatigue. I couldn’t keep them open. I thought he would go back and continue his search but instead, the bed dipped and he wrapped his arms around me.

“Okay, I can continue later.” He pecked me on my lips before I snuggled to my heat source. It made me realised how dependent on him I became in just 3 days. I slept better with him around and I freely express myself. The thought of him leaving for a few days did scare me, how am I going to survive without him when I dependent on him? My thoughts didn’t make it that far when I fell asleep in bliss.

 

~~~~~~`````~~~~~~

 

 

Thanks for the comments, so many Kris Rin shippers hahahaha. I ship my own main leads too:)

Imagine if you beloved younger sibling who maybe a target for kidnapping gets taken away not once but twice. Bet the feeling is horrible...but this is just a story so yeah. Just as I mention before, I'll say this again, there will be a happy ending I promise!!! And she will get to meet the others especially Lay and Chen which is towards the end of the story. This story will end at chapter 20 or 21 depending on what I write. 

Enjoy!

17/1/15