2/2

How To Cheer Your Twin Who You May Or May Not Have A Crush On...

The winsome Jo twins are on their back from the beloved school after a day full of much ordeal and hardship in forms of the most dreaded examinations of all examinations, the very epitome of horror and terror to student of South Korea, the SAT exams that simply, and quite on the literal side, the poor life out of Youngmin. In a way, Kwangmin is affected as well but very, very slightly.  

To be precise, they’re in the bus heading home and Youngmin, who took principle of accounting as his elective, and have just finish his accounting paper monster, is particularly mentally exhausted.

‘Ah… The good ol’ accounting papers that is impossibly hard and simply impossible to do…’

Such a great time he had with those papers… Please do note that he's being sarcastic here.

Nonetheless, Youngmin did not give up no matter how much he wanted to just cry a river the very moment he set his eyes on those impossible questions. To be perfectly honest, his eyes did water slightly at the sight of the said question but he’s just too prideful to admit it. And the fact that his classmate who sit next to him clearly throw in the towel and just give up as he keeps sighing dejectedly did not help Youngmin in the slightest.

But Youngmin is a fighter, he preserve despite the odd and he answers the questions while cursing the person who did those questions to the end of the Earth and back. Nobody said he won’t curse and hope the person will choke on thin air…

Enough of the pointless banter about how Youngmin hopelessly struggle against the seemingly impossible accounting question. While his suffering experience makes a really, really good material for a story, ain’t nobody got time to hear, or cares as a matter of fact, about someone else’s suffering. Though… some people might enjoy that small bits of information like you guys but there shall be no disclosure of his suffering just to annoy those sadistic you

A little recap on what happen a few minutes ago, when Youngmin, who’s casually sitting on the stone bench, nodding his along to the song of his choosing as he let his hand fly across his sketch book. While Youngmin doubt his drawing skill is first class, and that he’ll never be able to draw like one of Korea’s greatest drawer, Kim Jung-Gu, he think his drawing skill is not half bad if he says so himself.

And so he let his hand move by itself as if it has a mind of its own. Youngmin didn’t have a particular image of what he wish to draw but he remember hearing someone saying, ‘an abandon house on top of a mountain’ before and that’s what he draw.

First of all, Youngmin draw the outline out the mountain. Then, he adds in some details like the rocks, a dense forest around the house with broken walls and some cobwebs here and there. He can’t leave out the tall grass and a stray bird flying past the house now can he?

Youngmin only have one minor detail being a small size pebble to draw when a shoe suddenly stop right in front of him. Worst, the owner of the said shoe stands right in front of him, blocking the sunlight and thus casting a shadow over him. To say that Youngmin is slightly curious about the identity of this stranger is an understatement.

That said, Youngmin menacingly slowly shift his gaze up, looking at the said stranger, staring the stranger dead in the eye. He meant to look slightly intimidating, (as intimidating a cute cat can be at least) but the moment he realizes who it is, he can’t help the small smile that is quick to form on his face.

Youngmin’s about to greet the not-so-unknown stranger when he notice the said stranger strangely silent and the weird face the stranger is making. ‘Is he alright? He looks… constipated?’ thought Youngmin before remembering the main issue here. ‘First he stands right in front of me, staring at me if I may add, than he just stays quiet? What in the world is wrong with him? How dare him!’

Deciding to snap his younger twin out of his thoughts, Youngmin decide to use the easiest and a foul-proof method, which is pain. No, he won’t ‘hurt’ Kwangmin, meaning giving the younger a cut, a bruise or in the lines like that. But ‘hurt’ as in pain just without the injuries. Like a playful slap to the shoulder, only with more force and less playful-ness.

“Ouch, what’s that for hyung?!” Scream Kwangmin as he rubs his arms.

 

If Youngmin is to be honest here, he did feel a bit guilty hitting the younger when he sees Kwangmin rubbing his limb, and the adorable pout on his face didn’t make it any easier of Youngmin’s consciousness. But the poor kid did interrupt him!

“What for? Are you serious Jo Kwangmin?” Youngmin move his arms to his waist automatically. Kwangmin freeze for a second then. Seemingly in a daze, almost as if he just saw a ghost or something. But Youngmin is in no mood to play around. ‘Seriously! What’s with this kid and spacing out today?’ and so, just like before, he slap Kwangmin again.

Harder this time, with a minimal force twice as before.

“Hyung! What’s with you and hitting me today?”

“Well maybe if you didn’t just suddenly appear up on my face, hindering me from my sketches as you did, and then just blatantly ignores me, I won’t hit you” Youngmin’s sass just naturally comes out to play.

Kwangmin’s about to say something when Youngmin spot their bus arriving. How he fails to notice that before is beyond him but he did see Kwangmin who’s about to say something, a pleasure Youngmin refuses to allow Kwangmin have by cutting the younger off.

“Spare me your excuses young man, the bus are here” Youngmin grabs his sketch book and bag not a second after he says so.

Youngmin may or may not have some sort of , or in another word, have taken a liking seeing Kwangmin’s dumbfounded look when he cuts the younger off. Therefore, Youngmin purposely bump his shoulder against Kwangmin as he walk pass him with full intention of seeing the younger blinking cutely behind.

He almost breaks into a fit of laughter when Youngmin steals a peek behind him, looking at the younger blinking so very adorably at him. But biting his lips help him hold his laughter back. Youngmin give the bus drive a polite nod when he pays the fee, expecting Kwangmin to quickly pay for himself right after.

Seeing that didn’t happen, Youngmin turn back, only to see Kwangmin looking at him weirdly, which earn himself a raise eye-brow from the older. “Seriously Kwangmin, what’s with you and spacing out today?” sigh Youngmin, subconsciously tapping his leg on the bus floor.

Jumping off the bus, Youngmin drag his weird brother into the public transportation, not forgetting to pay for the younger of course. Youngmin didn’t let the younger go even after paying. Instead, he opts to pull the Kwangmin along with him to take a seat. Youngmin slip into a seat right by the window, he have always been fond of sitting by the window because he sees all kind of people from inside the bus.

Needless to say, that will always end poorly thanks to Kwangmin. The younger will shoot out details of his day without Youngmin asking, not that he mind or hate. Youngmin particular like when the younger speaks of his favorite subjects, or interesting thing he did. Kwangmin will speak with eyes full enthusiasms and Youngmin’s mind will always wonder off. He will think of how handsome and good looking (as if those two words don’t shares the same meaning) his twin is.

‘Too bad he’s denser than a rock…’ a yet another sigh escape his lips.

Youngmin notice how odd Kwangmin is. ‘First the whole spacing out thing, now he’s all silent…’ Youngmin throw a glance at Kwangmin through the corner of his eyes, quickly averting his gaze away when he sees Kwangmin looking at him. ‘For real though. What’s with him? Why is he staring at me like that?’

“Kwangmin, are you feeling sick or something?” Youngmin moves his hand toward Kwangmin’s forehead, placing the back of his palm on the younger’s face to check for his temperature.

“Hmm… You don’t have a fever or anything” mumble the older. Youngmin subconsciously bit his lips as he ponders about Kwangmin’s strange behaviors. He doubts it’s something silly like food-poisoning for both of them eat the same thing. ‘Even lunch we share our food…’

Hence, Youngmin can completely rule that out. ‘So just what in the world-’

“Hyung” Its Youngmin’s turn to get cut off.

It took Youngmin a few second to completely process that the younger just call him before he can react.

“Yes?”

Kwangmin just strangely (?) smiles when he response. “Do you trust me?”

‘Okay, it’s official. Something is totally wrong with Kwangmin’ concludes Youngmin.

“yes?”

Kwangmin just pouts at Youngmin’s answers.

“Come on hyung~ Answers my question properly~”

“Who are you and what have you done to my brother?”

Do forgive Youngmin over-reacting but anyone in the same situation as him will to! After all, Kwangmin is not known, no scratch that, Kwangmin simply loathe acting, and being called cute due to a certain phobia of his. (Youngmin may or may not be the reason to that phobia to occur, *hint* child-cross dressing*hint*)

So to see the younger acting cute to him is both a refreshing sight, and a rather bizarre one.

“You’re so mean hyung~” Kwangmin used Aegyo! Youngmin is paralyze due to cute-ness overload.

Kwangmin end that verbal assault on Youngmin with a pout, the bane of Youngmin’s existence, his kryptonite if you’re a superman fan.

“Err…” It feels like hours has pass with the two of them just staring at each other while in all actually, only a few minutes have pass.

“Come on hyung, it’s a simple question. Do you trust me, yes or no?”

In fear of his voice breaking on him, a nod is all Youngmin can offer as an answer.

“Wonderful! We’re going off on the next bus stop” state Kwangmin cutely?

Youngmin swear he sees stars in Kwangmin’s eyes. But that may just be the work of his highly imaginative brain.

Their ride to the said bus stop goes rather smoothly in Kwangmin’s opinion, but super awkward on Youngmin’s side. The older is busy thinking why the younger wants to take a detour at the next stop. ‘Getting off here or the next one doesn’t make much difference. Just that this one is the longer route to home…’

~*~*~*~ (fast forward to the bus station because I’m lazy like that…)

Open arriving to said route, Kwangmin waste no time in hauling Youngmin up and dragging the older off the bus, not giving Youngmin any moment for breather. Kwangmin is rather excited for some reason.

“Hyung, hyung do you remember?” question the younger, still dragging Youngmin like he’s some kind of a luggage.

‘Remember? What am I suppose to remember here again?’ Youngmin force his dysfunctional brain to work.

“I’ll take that as a no” Thank goodness, Kwangmin finally slow down. “We used to get off at the bus stop remember?”

“We do?” Youngmin can’t help but to blink. ‘But why would we-’ Youngmin’s question is answered the moment he sees the park. ‘Of course, the park! We used to get off here just so that we can come to the park and spend some time there’

“I’ll take it that you remember now?”

“Yeah, whenever either one of us have a bad day, we’ll go to the park and stuff ourselves with ice-cream” Both of the twin can’t help but to giggle at that. They still remember the numerous times they’ve come here with either one of them in a bad mood, get some ice-cream and they’ll go home with their uniform smudge with ice-cream. Their little trip always ends up in them pushing their ice-cream toward each other.

Their school uniform always got smeared with ice-cream, which earns them an ear-full of nagging from the mother, and it all starts with one of the twin offering the other his ice-cream but purposely missed so that the scrumptious treat hit the other’s nose instead. The rest is rather self-explanatory.

“Want to get some ice-cream like old times?”

“Do you even need to ask?” shot back Youngmin, “The last one to get to the ice cream vendor have to pays” with that, Youngmin dash toward the said ice-cream place.

“That’s cheating hyung” Despite saying that and running to catch up with his brother, winning does not even cross his mind. He doesn’t mind losing, as long as it’s for his brother that is.

And considering that he wants to ‘cheer’ the older up, if ice cream will help him achieve that, then an ice cream he shall buy for the older. By the time Kwangmin catches up to Youngmin, the older have already order their ice cream.

Seeing that the ice cream man didn’t bother to ask about Kwangmin’s ice cream, he deduce Youngmin already choose for him. And he stands correct.

“A green tea ice cream for me and a mint chocolate chip ice cream for you, after you pay that is” said Youngmin somewhat playfully, not forgetting to kindly remind Kwangmin to pay of course.

“I know, I know” Kwangmin happily fish his wallet out  before paying as Youngmin is busy savoring his ice cream from the sideline.”Yours” said Youngmin.

Kwangmin didn’t forget to say thank you when he takes the ice cream that is rightfully his, grabbing the same hand with his free hand afterword. This is also something they always do. They’ll hold hands as they eat their cold snacks. A comfortable silence envelope them as they walk through the park, hand in hand, their pink muscle their ice cream at a steady interval without a word.

Nothing needs to be said. Simply being there next to each other is enough. After all, actions speak louder than words.

“Thanks” said the older, still enjoying his treat as he suddenly break the pleasant silence.

It’s Kwangmin’s turn to be baffled, “Thanks? What for?”

“You did bring me here to cheer me up right?” Youngmin stop to turn to look at Kwangmin with those beautiful eyes of his that never fails to make his knees weak.

“Wha-what are you talking about?” Kwangmin face-palm when he stutters. But, ‘This is not the time to think about how stupid he had made out of himself’. Yes, now is the time to make use of his non-existent acting skill (when it comes to Youngmin) and deny the latter’s accusation.

Youngmin just chuckle though, “Kwangminie” calls the older, leaning closer toward the said younger who subconsciously swallow the invisible lump inside his throat. “You’re so cute when you’re flustered”

“I-I’m not cute”

“Dare I say otherwise” retort Youngmin, leaning closer to Kwangmin, leaving the younger expecting a barrage of teasing from the older which never arrive. “Thank you” softly said Youngmin before gently pecking Kwangmin’s cheek, effectively turning the younger to a pink Kwangmin.

 

 

“By the way, you’re going to watch  (name of some cheesy and sappy drama) with me later tonight”

“W-what? NO! Shiroyo!” Kwangmin’s little moment of cloud-nine, thanks to the peck, is gone at the mere mention of the said drama. Watching something with Youngmin is fine, but Kwangmin just can’t stand watching some sappy drama, much less watching it with his twin which will leave him wishing to re-act those scenes with Youngmin.

“If you do good, then I may just ‘reward’ you later…” quizzically state Youngmin…

 


Author's Note:

What in the world did I just wrote? What is this abomination of a writing?! 

Ermm... Sorry about this. I seriously have no idea what just happen in this fanfic... This is what happen when I write in the middle of the night, sleepy and tired as hell. Not to mention, it's not me if I didn't make 10 different plot for this one fanfic before erasing everything, choosing plot number 10, writes half of it before saying, 'screw this' and erase it too. Then I'll write plot number 1 from scratch... What am I doing with my life... *sob* *sob*

Oh well, let bygone be bygones. Hopefully, it doesn't that bad. I haven't written anything for a few month already. I'm rusty already... Please be understanding

Annyeong~

P.S I'll just find a hole somewhere to hide now...