The Life of Kim Jongin

DEAD MAN'S MEMORY

“Thank you, sir.” Kai nodded while smiling as he put his purse back to his pocket. “Please come for a checkup next month.” The receptionist informed, smiling brightly as always.

               Kai walked out of the hospital, feeling free after a long time. He’s been stuck in that hospital for more than 3 months after he got seriously injured in the boxing competition, in which he was quite sure that he would win, but unfortunately it threw him on a hospital bed for 3 months, unexpectedly. For Kai boxing meant his life. He made his living by it and that competition was a good opportunity for him, but it slipped out of his hand with one hard blow on his stomach. The thing is; even though he was hospitalized because of his injuries due to the competition, he was kept in the hospital for another reason. Being a boxer all his life, Kai was addicted to alcohol. Before and after boxing, 2 or 3 bottles of alcohol would be his only savior. Or he thought so. Due to this addiction and the injuries, his liver was majorly damaged, which the doctors found when he was hospitalized and suggested immediate liver transplantation. This news quite shocked Kai, but he had no choice other than spending the money he earned all his life to live longer. The story of Kim Jongin aka Kai was quite an embarrassment that he had to start his life again from the beginning as he was advised not to drink alcohol or do boxing for the rest of his life.

“Yo Man, what’s up?” A familiar voice was heard and Kai looked back at where the sound came from. “I’ve heard you’ve been hospitalized.” Kai’s expression changed as he saw the big, tall figure.
“Yeah.” Kai answered in a low voice and decided to start walking.
“Hey, hey I’m still talking.” The big guy is quite tough. “How does it feel to lose to your best friend?”
“Best friend my .” Kai was annoyed that he kept on walking.
“Hey, we had a deal, remember?” He shouted again, walking towards Kai. “Your girl friend.”
Well, that angered Kai. A lot. “Yah, Watch your words.” He shouted inside his head, but this was no time to start a fight. He would only get hurt. So he sped up, trying to escape, but was grabbed by the arm in process.
“Why, huh?” He smirked. “Where’s your pride now? Where’s that big headed boxer now?”
“Listen! I don’t wanna fight here, okay? So let me go!” Kai kinda shouted.
“Is it you don’t want or you can’t?”
“Yah.” Just then Kai’s fist met the bad guy’s face. In return he punched Kai’s stomach. Kai couldn’t fight anymore. His stomach started to ache that he fell down on his knees. He avoided hitting his head on the floor by using his right hand as a stand for his body while his left hand was on his stomach. He coughed in pain.
“Why? Are you tired?” The big guy lifted Kai up, grabbing his collar. “She’s mine now.” He chuckled. Then a girl walked towards them, wearing denim short and a t-shirt. Kai looked at her angrily. He was disgusted. He threw the guy’s hand out from his collar and said, “I’m no longer your best friend. So stay out of my life.” He looked at the girl again. “You too.” Then he just walked away from them.

                       Kai entered his small apartment like a zombie, still his hands on his stomach, but was surprised by the warm hug that he was given just when he stepped inside his room.

“Jongin, you’re alright now, right?” They finally broke their hug.
“Ah Sehun.” Kai sighed, realizing who it was. “Do I look okay to you?”
Running his eyes from head to toe of Kai, Sehun uttered, “No.”
“Then why are you asking?” Kai said as he went into the bathroom followed by Sehun. “Hey, I need my privacy!” He pushed Sehun out of the bathroom and closed the door.
“But I wanna know what happened after I was gone two years ago.” Sehun shouted, so Kai could hear. “You seem changed. A LOT! And you weren’t even surprised to see me.”
“Why would I be surprised to see you?” Kai asked back from inside the bathroom.
“Why?” Sehun uttered in disbelief. “I’m your friend.”
“Who says so?” Kai asked as he came out.
“I say so.” Sehun said following Kai. “Hey you really should tell me what has happened.”
“I really don’t wanna talk about it. So let’s just put it back aside.”
“Put it aside? You don’t look like the Jongin I knew. And I’ve heard that you don’t go to school or dance practices anymore.”
“It’s my choice, okay? Not yours.” Kai shouted at Sehun. “I said I don’t wanna talk about it and we won’t.” With that Kai dragged Sehun out of his room and slammed the door on his face.
“So you want me to sleep in the living room? On the couch? HEY!” Sehun banged on the door as hard as he could but there was no response. So he stopped, tired.


                   Kai lay down on his bed with his hands behind his head and stared blankly at the ceiling. What has happened to my life?  He asked himself again and again. He used to have a quite a good life back then. But after Sehun left, Kai was shocked by the news of his mother’s sudden death. He mentally broke down that dancing no longer helped him to recover from the loss he felt. Kai was a momma’s boy. So he was majorly damaged by this incident. He lost interest in life and saw no meaning in it. That’s when he met Kim Kwan-yeong and later, Yoon  HyeMi, his disloyal best friend and his cheap girlfriend. As he was thinking, he was disturbed by a hard knock on his door. Must be Sehun! He told himself and shouted, “WHAT?!!!!”

“Let’s go out and grab a bubble tea?” Sehun asked from outside the room.
“Your bubble tea shop is no longer there, Sehun!” Kai answered. “They left.”
“Really? Thi place has changed a lot.”Sehun pouted. “Then let’s go and grab some dinner.”
“What’s wrong with you? Just sleep on that couch for god’s sake!”
“What’s wrong with me? You’re the only person I know in here and now I’m bored.” Sehun shouted.
“Okay, fine!” Kai finally gave up and got ready to leave.

 

“Isn’t there another bubble tea shop or a shop that has bubble tea in it?” Sehun was asking from the time they got out from the apartment and till now, desperate for the taste of bubble tea.
“We’ve been walking for a long time and you found none, right?” Kai was pissed off. “So there isn’t any. Let’s just eat dinner or go back home.”
“What have happened to you?” Sehun looked at Kai with widened eyes. “ Do you even remember how good you used to be?”
“Tsk just shut up and keep looking for a bubble tea shop. I’m going home.” Kai turned to leave.
“Hey Kai, how are you?” Kai looked back. It was Yoon HyeMi. “And who is this?” She asked looking at Sehun.
“Who’s Kai?” Sehun whispered to Kai’s ear. “And by the way she’s creepy!”
“Good! Better than ever!” Kai smirked. “Let’s go Sehun! Things here are too cheap for us!” With that Kai grabbed Sehun’s hand and walked back home.
“Hey! Hey! Are we going home already?” Sehun asked in a hurry. “Let’s just eat dinner and go.”
“Aish you are annoying!” Kai shouted.
“Why are you shouting at me? Just because you are angry with her doesn’t mean that you can put that anger out on me.” For the first time Sehun was able to shut Kai’s mouth. “And you are going to tell me everything starting from who Kai is to who she is.” Kai was left without words. He never thought Sehun could be that scary. So he just walked with Sehun without a word.

“And by the way, Isn’t things being cheap good for us? I mean we don’t have that much money either.” Kai just face palmed. This guy….
“Just wait till I tell you everything.” Kai let out a heavy sigh. “And please keep your mouth shut till then.”


 


Hey Guys! I finally updated! So don't forget to comment and let me know what you think about my fic. I wish to update the next chapter soon. AND TILL THEN HERE'S BUBBLE TEA SEHUN FOR YA!
tumblr_mpda63rDvC1r3xllho3_250.gif