Chapter 3

Please, Look At Me...

"You are the only person I have. You know that I don't have any. My friends are bull, they never care about me like you do. They always busy with their own business."

Kyungsoo just stared at the face that belong to someone whom he loves so much. He was right. Kyungsoo believes all the things that came out from this man. He believes in Kyungsoo, so does he.

"So please, wait for me. I'll make everything back to normal. Okay? I love you, Kyungsoo."

 

"You lied. You're ing lie to me all this time! How dare you?!" Kyungsoo snapped out once he saw that man walked to his room.

"What are you talking about? Back off! I'm tired!" He pushed Kyungsoo and the latter had his landing on the floor but he stand up abruptly then forcely get in to the man's room. "What the-"

" YOU! WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME?! ANSWER ME YOU BASTARD!" Kyungsoo really didn't have his emotion under control. That means Kyungsoo really, really, really can't hold it anymore. His face was so red. His lips was trembling and his eyes started to water. "Why.... Ju- Why...." He can't stand anymore. He can't feel his knees so he just sat down and stared blankly on the wall.

"I can't go. I can't go away from her. I need to stay with her. I'm in debt. She's been helping me and she was paying my hospital fee and medicine when I got into accident with her. I crushed her car." He sat in front of Kyungsoo, not near enough but not far either. He wanted to reach Kyungsoo's hair but he didn't do it because suddenly Kyungsoo realized something.

"What? What did you just say?" Kyungsoo laughed. A sad one. "So you have been hanging out with her without my permission. I'm so stupid."

With that, Kyungsoo stand up and turn around. He hold the door knob and inhales deeply then sighed. He swiped away his tears and said, "We're done. Thanks for the pain."

 

******

 

They sat on Kyungsoo's bed. Face to face. Jongin stares at Kyungsoo's eyes that doesn't look back at him. Kyungsoo is silent. He's playing his finger when he's nervous, just like now. They will stay like that forever if Jongin doesn't start the conversation.

"Hyung..."

Kyungsoo startled. His mind was traveling somewhere, Jongin knew it. Jongin can't see his hyung being like in this condition.

"Hyung, it's okay. You don't need to tell me right now." Jongin tried to soothe him. He separated Kyungsoo's trembling hand with his and move forward, place they hand on his lap. Jongin's forehead now is resting on Kyungsoo's. "I am sorry."

"No..." Kyungsoo answered. His voice was weak, almost like a whisper. "I am sorry." A tear drop and left a wet mark on the bed sheet. Then another tears. Jongin didn't expect that his hyung will cry.

"Hyu- Ssshhh, Hyung don't cry please. I'm sorry. Please..." Jongin put his left hand on Kyungsoo's narrow shoulder and other hand try to lift up his hyung's face. "Don't cry, Hyung. Please... Look at me." Jongin cup Kyungsoo's face with both of his hand and wiped away his tears. "Hey..." Jongin feels hurt. Kyungsoo was staring back at him with those puffy and red eyes. All he want to do is just hugging him. Make him feel safe in his embrace and say that everything will be alright even though Jongin doesn't know what's going on in Kyungsoo's mind. Jongin does it anyway. He hugs Kyungsoo.

"S-so-sorry... It's j-just h-hurt." Kyungsoo thought that he already forget that person. He didn't, not yet. That person is still there, sitting on the corner of Kyungsoo's heart, deep inside.

Jongin really couldn't say anything. So he just sit there with Kyungsoo, drawing a circle on his back, caressing his hair, scared if Kyungsoo will break more. They just stay like that until Kyungsoo's breath calmer. Until he fallen asleep safely in Jongin's arm.

 

Jongin yawned and stretched his back once he opened his eyes. He stared at the white ceiling. The room was dim light. The curtain still close, only the sun rays peeked in through from the little opened curtain which was swinging a little bit because of the air conditioner. Jongin felt some weight shifted beside him. Kyungsoo's back now was facing him. They were sleeping together. Then he remembered tonight's event. That was the first time Jongin saw Kyungsoo so fragile like that. Jongin never knew that Kyungsoo had someone in his heart before until he saw those photos in Kyungsoo's phone. Jongin was busy wondering and he didn't realize that Kyungsoo had wake up and was facing and staring at him.

"Jongin."

Jongin startled and he sighed, relaxing his back against the soft sheet under his body. "Hyung."

"He cheated on me." Kyungsoo sighed heavily. Eyes remained close. He couldn't cry anymore. He could't hide anymore. Kyungsoo felt Jongin need to know what was going on with him. What was going on the past is something that Kyungsoo shouldn't keep from Jongin. That was Kyungsoo feeling after yesterday night event.

Jongin remained silent. Jongin just staring at Kyungsoo's face, studying it, and listenig everything Kyungsoo's words.

"I loved him, so freaking much I couldn't help it. I was just being so positive because I didn't want to ruin our relationship. I was okay. I never thought any negative things on him. I never thought he would cheat on me and hanging out with that girl everytime he said he was going home. Every once a week." Jongin could see Kyungsoo's hand balled into fist and then relaxed. The latter was laughing, painfully. "Am I too naive?" Now, Kyungsoo's doe eyes was staring back at Jongin's. It was blinking oh so innocently. They could see each other features even though the lamp was still off and the curtain still swinging and hanging on like it was before. "I didn't know why I was crying last night. I thought..." Kyungsoo hold his breath. Hand clutched onto fabric on his left chest. "... I already forgot about him. I guess... I-I was wrong."

No. Jongin couldn't see Kyungsoo cries again. Jongin put his palm on Kyungsoo's side face  and caressed it. Trying to soothe him.

"No, Hyung. You're just too beautiful and too kind-hearted and that guy just a bastard and he was the stupidest of human being in this world when he hurted your heart. You deserve better than him."

Kyungsoo let out a low and small laugh. "Plus I was stupid enough back then for letting him did all of that to me." Kyungsoo smiled so bitter and tears escaped once more from his eyes. "So-sorry, Jongin." He abruptly wiped his tears away with the back of his hand. "I shouldn't cry."

"To love someone who doesn't love you back. is the cruelest, most unforgiving heartache I have ever experienced. You don't deserve that, Hyung. Trust me, you deserve better." Jongin said, trying to comfort Kyungsoo.

Jongin could see Kyungsoo was smiling softly. He was showing his heart-shaped smile, the smile that Jongin like and had melted Jongin's heart first time he saw it. Kyungsoo then squeezed Jongin's hand that was still on Kyungsoo's cheek and staring right through Jongin's orbs.

"Thank you." Then his smile disappeared. "I won't love anymore."

Jongin felt his heart stop beating right here and there. His throat went dry. He gulped and removed his hand from Kyungsoo.

"You... You what, Hyung?"

"Jongin." Kyungsoo was smiling at him again. "I won't feel love anymore. I've learned my lesson."

Jongin just stayed there and didn't move an inch even though Kyungsoo wake up from bed and decided to open his curtain, letting the afternoon sunlight went through his room. Kyungsoo walked and reached for his phone on the table, swiped and unlocked it.

"Done." Kyungsoo gripped tightly at his phone and placed it onto his chedst and facing Jongin. "I've removed all the memories of him."

Jongin just blinked. Silent fill the room.

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo's face turned to the worried one. "What's wrong?" He walked to the bedside and sat down.

"U-uh? I-I am fine."

Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Hyung..."

"Hmm?"

"What if... What if someone tells you that he/she loves you? Will you... Will you ignore them?" Jongin could hear Kyungsoo sighed.

"Yes. That is the best for me. I guess."

Jongin felt pang in his chest.