Chapter 2

Please, Look At Me...

Author's note:

The every block quote is a random song's lyrics. For this chapter, I used Joe Jonas' - I Gotta Find You. Happy reading, Readers!

 

 

Everytime I think I'm closer to the heart

Of what it means to know just who I am

I think I've finally found a better place to start

 

But no one ever seems to understand

I need to find to get to where you are

 

Could it be you're not that far?

 

******

 

Jongin was thinking about Kyungsoo. He acted strange yesterday. Jongin thought maybe that was because the weather, because Kyungsoo was very sensitive in the cold weather. But, he never ignored Jongin even if he was in the badmood (actually, Kyungsoo will scold Jongin in the end because sometimes, or most of the times, Jongin is so annoying and Kyungsoo must do or say something to make Jongin stop). Thinking too hard made Jongin hungry, so ho decided to go outside and bought some snack, or dinner, because it's almost dinner time.

 

Jongin:

Hyung, wanna grab some snack? I wanna go outside.

 

Jongin felt thirsty and want to grab a drink first, so he put his phone on the desk and grab his bottle from his bag then go to the pantry. When he came back to his room, there was no notification on his phone screen. "Is he sleeping?" He asked to his phone screen. "Or....it has been 7 minutes yet he's still not reply my message. What is wrong with him?" he asked to his phone screen, again. Because Jngin was feeling very hungry, so he went alone and leave his phone on the desk.

"One rice, one portion of mix vegetables, and a chicken grilled, please."

"Dine in or take away, Sir?"

"Uhm, I'll take it away."

"Okay. Let me repeat your order. One rice, one portion of mix vegetables, and a chicken grilled. Do you want to add your order?"

"No. Just that, please." Jongin smiled and gave the cash to the cashier then move aside to wait his order.

Ten minutes later, his foods ready. "Here's your order, Sir. Have a nice meal!"

Jongin replied with a simple nod and a smile then went to the other place to buy some snacks, or not, or yes, or not, or yes. Well, Jongin decided to buy some fresh breads instead. So, he went to the bakery nearby. When he came in, the door's bell was ringing and he could see a pretty young male was standing behind the counter and gave him a smile.

"Good evening, Jongin!" He's name is Baekhyun, he's a part-timer here. He made a wide smile to Jongin. "What do you want to buy?" He asked cheerfully.

"Evening, Baek. Uhm, I like to buyyyyyy........."

"Yesssssss?"

After bought a full-of-breads box, Jongin went to his dorm to eat all of his foods. When he arrived, he went upstairs to the second floor, got his key, unlocked his door, closed his door, put all the foods on the desk, sat down, and took his phone. There's one message notification. He swap his phone screen and opened the message icon.

 

Kyungsoo:

No, thanks.

Have you eaten?

...

 

Jongin giggled while read Kyungsoo's reply. He typed his reply immediately.

 

Not yet, Hyung :( But I already bought some breads and dinner. Wanna have some?

Have you eaten?

 

While waiting Kyungsoo's reply, he opened his dinner and started to eat. Then, he heared his phone's tone and looked at it.

 

No, thanks. Well, I've eaten.

 

Jongin raised his eyebrows then looked at time on his phone and remembered Kyungsoss's dinner time. Well, it was already passed its time. But, curiousness and possessiveness that Jongin had towards Kyungsoo, made him want to ask about everything. He referred to as annoying Jongin rather than had his insomnia back because he thought of Kyungsoo and his regretness for not asked Kyungsoo about anything Jongin wanted to know.

 

Oh, really? When? What time?

 

Without his known, Jongin had finish half of his food and stand before grab his bottle water, drank it, put the bottle on the desk, and continued to eat. After just-God-knew minutes later and he finished his dinner, there weren't any reply from Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungie Hyung......

Ops, sorry I dIdn't notice your reply.

Bad hyung.

Yeah, I am.

Hahaha I'm joking!

So, what time you had your dinner?

Maybe around 12:30 pm, I don't remember.

HYUNG THAT WAS A LUNCH TIME PLEASE

Yyyyeah it is. So?

So?

So JUST COME TO MY ROOM NOW AND HAVE YOUR DINNER HERE

Tomorrow. I'm lazy to walk.

Ok I'll come to your room.

 

So, stubborn Jongin has made his way to the older's room with his a full-of-breads box in his right hand. After he was in front of Kyungsoo's door, he opened it without knocked it and I already told you, Kyungsoo's never lock his door, so Jongin could opened the door easily and found the older were lying on his bed with his earphone on.

"Eat it!" Jongin gave the full-of-breads box and wanted to put it on Kyungsoo's stomach, but the latter cut it with, "Close the door." Jongin turned around and reached the knob then closed it.

"Done. Now eat, Hyung!"

Kyungsoo didn't show any move. Jongin sighed and put the box on the desk, then kneeled beside Kyungsoo's bed to shake his shoulder.

"Hyuuuuung, eeeeaattt... I bought your favorite breads. A FULL BOX." Kyungsoo could imagine Jongin's pout face. The latter just shhok Kyungsoo's body again and again and said, "Hyuung," many times. Finally, Kyungsoo opened his eyes and moved his head to the left to see Jongin's face. Then he turned his back to Jongin. And Jongin became so desperated.

Jongin pulled of Kyungsoo's earphone and said, or half-yelled, on Kyungsoo's ear, "HYUNG I BOUGHT YOUR FAVORITE BREADS NOW LET'S EAT."

"Eat by yourself, Jongin. I'm lazy to open my mouth," Kyungsoo answered without turned his back. Jongin still pout.

"You just opened your mouth to answer me."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and then turned around to face Jongin. "Why are you forcing me to eat? This is my stomach and I don't want to fill it," Kyungsoo said with his poker-face. Jongin just hung his head low for his answer. And...

Silence.

After two minutes, Jongin could hear Kyungsoo's sigh heavily. "Okay. Bring the box here."

Jongin gave his wide grin and grabbed the box fast. "Here it is, Hyung!" He opened the box and the bread's smell was filling in Kyungsoo's room. "It looks delicious, right?" Jongin smiled happily to his Kyungsoo. No, he's not Jongin's. To his hyung. No, they didn't have any blood related. To Kyungsoo. Yes, that's right.

Kyungsoo just stared the poor breads lazily and opened his mouth. Jongin's face turned into confusion. "Wanna say something?"

Kyungsoo closed his mouth and stared at Jongin lazily. He pointed to the breads and then to his mouth. Jongin just form an "Ah" expression as he understood that Kyungsoo wanted Jongin to feed him. "Why so sudden? You don't want to move your hand, do you?" Jongin asked while his hand took another bread and fed Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just replied with a hum. "But you just pointed with your hand." Jongin giggled.

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin and made a poker-face.

 

******

 

You're the remedy I'm searchin' hard to find

To fix the puzzle that I see inside

Painting all my dreams the color of your smile

 

When I find you it will be alright

I need to try to get to where you are

 

Could it be, you're not that far?

 

******

 

"Why are you being like this?"

"Hm? Like what?" Jongin asked as he still focused on feeding Kyungsoo, a bread. Like a, really, a bread. Why did Jongin need to be focus? Because it was a rarely time that Kyungsoo wanted Jongin to fed him, except if he was sick. And this was a bread. Like a, bread. Got the point, right?

Wait.

Was Kyungsoo sick?

"Li-"

"Wait. Hyung," he stopped feeding Kyungsoo and stared at him and asked, "Are you sick?"

Kyungsoo just blinked and then said, "No. I'm good."

"Well, say aaaaah," Jongin just let it past and started feeding Kyungsoo again. "Go on, what do you want to ask?"

"Oh,why o weting o tam tu kay bo me?" He swallowed his food and continued, "I'm not going to die for skip one dinner."

"What did you ask?" Jongin giggled. "Your mouth was full but you still talkin- OUCH! Why was that hit for?" Jongin pouted.

"That's because you fed me and asked at the same time." He glared at Jongin but then changed with his giggled and rubbed Jongin's shoulder. "Is it hurt?"

"Haha, no. Here, open your mouth again." Jongin's acted was stopped by Kyungsoo's stare.

"Listen to my question first, Jongin."

Then Jongin put the bread in his mouth and said, "Welw, gow ahead."

Kyungsoo sighed. "Why are you wasting your time to care about me?" And he shrugged his shoulder then continued, "I'm not going to die for skip one dinner." Then Kyungsoo took a bread and started eat it.

"Well, I just can't let you starving when I have a box full of breads in my room," he stood up then sat on the bed beside Kyungsoo who was busy munching his bread. "And I was boring. So I just went straight forward to your room."

Kyungsoo just said, "Oh," as his response.

"Why, Hyung?"

"Nothing. Anyway, thanks for the breads. I'm full now." Kyungsoo gave his smile to Jongin and went outside to fill his bottle with water, leaving Jongin in his room.

Suddenly, Jongin felt the bed vibrated and he throw his gaze to Kyungsoo's phone. He looked on it and it was just Kyungsoo's email notification. Jongin grabbes Kyungsoo's phone and swiped it. "Wow, he didn't use any security." And what Jongin saw when the locked the phone screen was making his eyes like want to pop out anytime.

It was Kyungsoo's photos album(s).

And Kyungsoo was definitely looking at it before Jongin came here.

Then, Kyungsoo came back and saw that Jongin was looking at his phone with his still shocked expression. He put the bottle on the desk with a little loud sound. But Jongin stayed still had his eyes on the phone screen.

"What the hell are you doing with my phone?" Kyungsoo grabbed his phone back on the light speed.

Jongin just stared at Kyungsso. "Who the hell is he, Hyung?"

Kyungsoo's finger was busy doing something with his phone. "No one."

"Really?" Jongin made an unbelievable expression and continued, "With that all poses? Cuddling, smiling, and those very lovely face, those gaze. Really, Hyung?"

"I want to delete it."

"Why?"

"Not your business."

"I want to know, Hyung! If he was really no one for you, then tell me," Jongin just abruptly stood up. "Who is it?!"

"Done." Kyung was about to put his phone on his pocket while suddenly Jongin grabbed his wrist and to stopped Kyungsoo. "What the-" Kyungsoo's words stop when he saw Jongin's sad eyes.

"You really don't want to tell me, do you?"

Kyungsoo was staring on it for a moment until he realized that Jongin had ask him a question. "Really, he's no one."

Jongin sighed and let go of Kyungsoo's wrist. "Fine, then. I'll go back to my room."

Jongin went straight to the door with a heavy step and his eyes looked at his walking feet.

"W-w-wait!"

Jongin stopped on his track.

"J-just don't tell about him to anyone if..." Kyungsoo sighed and inhaled, "If you want to know who it is."

 

******