Head In the Clouds

Head In the Clouds (One-shot)

"And therefore, I'll be doing my senior project on South Korean pop music. I've always had a huge interest, and I've been listening to Korean pop music for five years. I plan on making a music video, a mashup of all the most popular songs and put together a choreography to it. I hope to have fun doing this project and also be able to learn a lot of the editing programs for future careers. Thank you," I bowed and finished my speech. Strangely, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. And quite honestly, standing in front of the whole class and presenting was not that bad. I stumbled a few times, yes I was nervous, but I was going to shake up an Earthquake. I knew a lot of the other students were way more nervous than I was, and they're friends with each other. The only other person I had was Hye Na. "Any questions?" I asked with a friendly and calm smile. The hard part was over so I was really stressing anymore and I could let loose. A hand went up and I pointed to my classmate, "What are some of the kpop groups out there?" He asked. I nodded, "Um, there are the Wondergirls, BoA, Rain, 2ne1, Dbsk... those are some of the more famous bands. Of course there's more, but those are some of the names that connect and are famous internationally." I answered with full confidence. Ha, they can't ask me something I don't know! I know the most about kpop in this whole school. Maybe. I don't know. Well, I know the most in this classroom and I have no doubts about it. "Any other questions?" I asked.

"I have a question! Why didn't you answer my calls!?" I heard a voice that I couldn't pin-point to exactly who it was. I didn't see anyone in their seats move, but as I scanned the crowd, my vision out and I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes. I panicked and reached out to grab something near me. Unfortunately, I grabbed onto someone and their arms wrapped tightly around me. "Missed me?" I heard the guy whisper. His voice was raspy and I was wondering if he got the wrong person. I could hear whispers from the class so I try to rip the hands away from eyes to see who it was. "Uh, who might you be?" I heard my teacher ask. "Oh sorry, it was really rude for me to interrupt. I talked to the principle and she said I could just come up and grab her. Yeon Yi is going to have an early dismissal." The male explained to my teacher. At this time I was freaked out, I had no idea who the male could be and the fact he was publicly kidnapping me was ridiculous. I stomped on the floor, hoping it was his toe, and I guess I got it since his grip around me loosened and his hand uncovered my eyes. I spun around, shifting my body a few feet away. "Oh, do you have a pass?" I heard my teacher ask. I wasn't sure why in the world I was starting to day dream, but I was.

It was like a dream, like I was floating in the clouds and a bright star appeared. I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me, because the man that stood in front of me possessed a strong physical appearance as the man I've been wanting to meet, Jung Yunho. I gasped. "Yeah, I have a pass," He smiled at me and showed my teacher his pass. I was still in shocked. I even casually pinched myself from behind so I didn't seem like a freak. I softly wince when the pain was horrible and proved that this was real. The real Jung Yunho is in front of me. "Okay, you may go. Good job on your presentation Yeon Yi," My teacher clapped and my classmates joined in. I nodded with a dazed look, I knew I looked stupid in the moment but I didn't care. I was trying to figure out a way, why in the world is Jung Yunho in my classroom and why in the world does he know my name. This had to be a dream.

I grabbed my belongings and followed Yunho out the door. "Let me help you with that," He took my bag and books from me and helped me carry them. "Are you... real?" I stupidly asked him. He chuckled and slung my bag over his shoulder. "You act like we've never met before. You know that hurts!" He laughed and playfully nudged me. I numbly followed him to his car and got in. When he walked around the car to get to the driver's seat, I slapped myself a few times until he opened the driver's door and got in. "Seat belt," He helped me put on the seat belt and he smiled up at me from a few inches away. I didn't even notice that I was holding my breath until he moved back to his seat. I sighed. "Are you okay? You're looking a bit red," He pinched my cheeks and I thought I was going to die. "No, I'm fine. Uh, if it's okay... where are we going?" I politely asked, avoiding his eye contact. He started the car and started driving. "We're going home. Well, you coming over. You haven't been over in forever due to me being abroad. I bought you some presents in Japan," He chuckled. It was a silent ride on my part, Yunho talked about his trip to Japan and his activities he had to attend. "The fans were amazing. They did so much things for us, I was deeply touched." He smiled. He talked about the members and funny stories of them staying in the same apartment. I was just beyond amazed at how this amazingly perfect man could have known my existence? I know about his existence because... he's the leader... of DONG BANG SHIN KI! I'm a Cassie! I love him and the boys. I'm a fangirl for all five of them... mostly him but still! I just didn't believe that he was talking to me... he is driving me over his house. But what was frightening was that, I have no idea how he knew me. No memory of me meeting him, no hint of knowing him in real life at all. This must be a dream, I better stop dreaming cause this is freaking me out.

"We're here! I'll tell you about everything inside," Yunho unbuckled his seatbelt and headed out. I, as well, unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. I would have imagined a big mansion but what I saw in front of me was a nice normal size house. The field around it was large and empty. The scene almost seems too normal but I guess Yunho was never the type to spend much money. "Come on in!" He slipped his fingers through the spaces between my hand and held it securely. I felt like I was living a dream... wait I could be. But the pinches hurt, oh the tactic must not work on me. I shook my head of those thoughts and followed Yunho in his house. "SURPRISE!" I heard a crowd of shouts and things were being thrown at me. I shield my eyes and ducked behind Yunho. When the noise seemed to simmer down I peeked out from Yunho's back. To shock me even more, the rest of the boys of Dong Bang Shin Ki was standing in the middle of the living room. "We missed you!" The boys chorused and rushed up to me. I stood in fear and they attacked me with hugs. Seriously, I knew who they were, but how the hell do they know who I am? I don't remember meeting them, much less be this close to them. This dream seems so real though... I can feel their every touches. Maybe I shouldn't complain and enjoy the dream.

"Did you miss us?!" Junsu asked, his hand petting the top of my head. "Uh... I did... how did we meet?" I asked him but at the same time I was looking at Yunho. Junsu gasped and the rest of the boys burst into laughter. I didn't get it but I chuckled along too. "Yeon Yi-ah, you've been a bit weird lately," Yunho s his arm around my waist. I nervously shifted away from him. "I... uh... bye!" I twirled around and ran out of the house. I didn't know where I would go but I needed to figure out why things are happening in the way it is. "Yeon-ah!" I heard Yunho shout, I quickly picked a direction and ran. It was long before I was pulled back and crashed into someone. I looked up to see Yunho's angry face. "Yah, what are you doing?" I tried pushing my body away from him but the strength in his arms pulled me back. "Yeon-ah, what are you doing to me? Why are you acting like this!?" He held my hand tightly, letting my body go from the suffocation. "What are you talking about!? I don't know you! I mean... I know who you are... but then everyone knows who you are! You're Jung Yunho, leader of Dong Bang Shin Ki! Why... are you acting like you know me!? I don't know you personally!" I exclaimed, inching for my hand to be released. He growled and messed up his hair with his free hand, his tight grip wasn't letting my hand go.

"Jang Yeon Yi, are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong? Why are you treating me like this?!" He exclaimed, his arm flailing around. "I don't know what you're talking about! I'm not mad. I'm just confused... just why is this happening? This must be a dream! There's no possible way of me knowing you on a personal level!" I explained. He sighed and embraced me. "It hurts... it hurts so bad right now. The fact that you're running away from me... or the fact that you're trying to forget me. How could you forget me... forget what we have?" He buried my head into his chest, the warmth from his body comforted me. The feeling of his arms wrapped around me felt so right. I lingered for a few more seconds just to enjoy his warmth but I realized his seriousness. I didn't want to hurt anyone, it wouldn't hurt to pretend like I remembered them or if I was playing around. Afterall, they're idols, how much time could they really have to be playing around. I slowly pulled away and looked up at Yunho. He looked really stressed and tired, despite feeling the exhaustion that showed on his face, he was really happy to see me. I was selfishly thinking about what was going on with my life, I forgot that he and the rest of the guys must be worried.

"Yunho-sshi, I... hope you're not mad, but I was just pranking you!" I forced a smile on my face. His face twitched both from shock and relief. He sighed, "Yah, don't scare us like that!" He pouted his lips and pinched my cheek. I yelped and rubbed the pain away from my cheek. "And since when did you ever call me Yunho-sshi?" He laughed. "You always called me Oppa or Yunnie," He smiled. I giggled, "I guess I just forgot... it's been a long time," I lied and followed him back inside the house. As I entered through the doorway, the guys all jumped to their feet. "HYUNG!" They all called out and rushed to Yunho's side. "What is going on?!" Junsu asked. "Surprise!" I threw my hands up. They all had confused looks on their faces so I nervously laughed. "I was just pranking you guys," I explained. They all sighed and rubbed their temples. "Yah, you better not do that again!" Changmin scolds me. "Yah maknae, watch your attitude!" Yunho scolds him. Changmin covers his mouth and hides his tall body behind Jaejoong. "Hyung, save me!" He said in a baby voice. "You're really too much Yeon Yi-ah!" Jaejoong pouted his plump lips. I smiled and looked down at my feet. "Enough talk! Let's unpack so we can spend some time with Yeon Yi," Yunho clapped his hands, rushing the boys up the stairs to unpack. The boys all ran up like little boys with their bags and suitcases.

"Oppa, do they live here?" I asked. Yunho plopped his body on the soft and warm couch, he gestured for me to sit beside him. "Of course... they've always live here. We all live here together," He then gave me a really weird look. "Are you okay? You've always known that I live with the boys here. You've been over our house quite a few times," His stare looked deeply into my eyes. I looked down at my lap. "Uh, it must have slipped my mind," I chuckled nervously. "Oh..." I could still feel his eyes on me.

"Yeon-ah," He slipped his hand under mine and held it lovingly. I looked up at him to find his gaze so soft and heartwarming. "Neh?" I answered him. "You... know how long we've been apart right?" He asked. I nodded even though I was constantly repeating no in my head. "Well, I've always been too busy to realize but the members brought it up when we landed..." He continued. I nodded for him to continue. "I... never thought of you as a friend," He says and I felt my heart drop... even if I knew I was lying about knowing him.

The shock must have shown on my face because started stuttering and blushing. "Uh! T-that's not what I meant..I-I'm j-just trying to...w-what I'm t-trying..." He covers his face and groaned in his hands. I smiled and s my arms around his waist. "Oppa... don't be nervous," I softly said to him. He uncovered his flushed face and embraced me again. "What I meant was that I've always had feelings for you and I was not man enough till today to say it," He admitted and timidly played with my fingers. I giggled and smiled. I quickly leaned towards his face and planted a soft kiss on the corner of his lips. He sighed with a satisfied look on his face. I laughed, "Oppa, I have more courage than you," I .

"Hyung!" A voice called out and we whipped our heads around. I saw the boys giggling and eyeing us with those looks and I knew I was in trouble. They were going to tease the hell out of me. Junsu had his mouth covered and his finger pointing at us. I backed away from Yunho and timidly looked at my hands. "You're pathetic," I heard Jaejoong laugh at Yunho. "Hyung! That's so embarrassing!" Changmin cracked up. I shot them a pout. They all crowded around me and teased me. "Yeon-ah, how come I didn't get a kiss!?" Yoochun whined. "YAH!" Yunho shouted at them and grabbed me. He shields me away from the boys. "You will be dead meat if you touch her!" He gave each of the boys a death glare. I laughed, "That's too extreme. Plus we're all friends! We can hug each other like family!" I smiled brightly at the boys. "Yeh Omma!" Junsu clapped his hands and Changmin fist pumped into the air. I blushed, feeling the heat spread through my cheeks. "Plus Oppa... I only have eyes for you," I rested my head against his biceps and he happily held my hand. "Saranghae," Yunho pressed his forehead against mine and kissed me softly. "EW! No public display of affection!" Junsu screamed as he ran up the stairs and into his room. "I don't mind it," Yoochun winked and sat right beside us. Yunho shifted his body due to the discomfort. "I wouldn't mind either," Changmin shrugged and sat down on the carpet, staring at us. I timidly kissed Yunho back and rubbed the bridge of my nose up and down his nose. The feeling of being love was incredible, what touched me the most was the passion he had. He was serious and determined, I've always admired that about Yunho. I saw a few flashes from the corner of my eyes and I turned my attention away from Yunho. Jaejoong was sitting on the edge of the table snapping picture of me and Yunho. "What are you doing Jaejoong-ah!?" I exclaimed. "Taking pictures of you guys exchanging saliva!" He laughed and continued taking picture.

"Oh that reminds me! Let's look at our scrapbook!" Yunho suggested and pulled me up the stairs and into his room. As I expected, his room was messy, just like what Changmin said. "Oppa, I thought you'd be a clean and neat person," I nagged him. He laughed and rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed. "I... was excited to see you so I just flung everything around the room," He said. I shook my head of laughter. "You better clean this today, you might get hurt afterwards!" I jumped onto the bed and rested my body against the headboard. Yunho grabbed a big scrapbook and sat his next to me. "What's this?" I asked, feeling the thickness of the scrapbook. "It's a photo album of us through the years I've met you. You helped me with it too," He opened the book to it's first page.

"Remember this?" He pointed to a picture of me and him. We were on the carousel and I was amazed to see a big happy smile on my face. He wasn't lying... that is me... and she's wearing the same necklace that my mom and dad designed for me. There's only one in this world... and that girl... me... she's wearing it, I'm wearing it in the picture. I silently laughed to myself, what kind of sick dream is this?

"Wow, we look so happy. Who took this picture?" I asked, rubbing Yunho's face in the picture. "Jaejoong, he likes to pretend to be the paparazzi and stalk us all over the place and take lots of pictures of us," Yunho laughed and rested his head against the top of my head. I laughed and nodded, my eyes scanned the page of the memories that were captured and yet the feeling of familiarity didn't come to me. My heart drew a blank, the only feelings I have is happiness. Happiness that I did all these things with Yunho.

I flipped the page. Yunho and I were kissing on the beach. I blushed. "He stuck around for those moments too?" I looked up at Yunho. He laughed and nodded, "He was glued to our side... and still is!" I giggled and turned the page. We both looked over each photo carefully, Yunho would retell the stories just in case I forgot. I knew he felt that I strangely didn't remember some of the times we had, and he was right... I had no memory of meeting him. But I didn't want to ruin his mood, I didn't want to hurt him. Page by page, the smiles seemed to be craved on our faces. Page by page, it seemed like everything in the world is beautiful and we were truly happy. "I love you," Yunho mumbled into my ear. I sighed and nodded, "I love you too,"

I flipped to the last page. It was a picture of me. It was only a picture of me... and what scared me was that my eyes were closed and I was laying down. Whatever I was laying on wasn't cleared to me. I looked up at Yunho in confusion, but I found that he was looking strangely. "Oppa... what picture is this?" I softly asked him. I reached for his hand, but to my surprise... his hand was fading away. "Oppa!" I panicked and tried to reach for his other hand. But to my astonishment, his arms were fading away. I panicked and tears streamed down my face. He looked happy... but at the same time... he looked sad. "Oppa... what is going on!?" I covered my mouth and tears stained my shocked face. "Oppa...? Yunho-ah!?" I shouted at him but he didn't respond, he was just looking at me. The smile on his face never left him. "Oh my god! Jaejoong-ah! Junsu-ah! Changmin!! Yoochun-ah!!!" I screamed as loud as I could. I heard loud footsteps running up the stairs. I backed away from Yunho. I was scared, what was going on? Why is Yunho fading? I whipped my head around when the boys all burst in the room. "What happened!?" They shouted, all their voices strained and stern. I cried helplessly looking at Yunho. I threw the book to the floor and wrapped my arms around Yunho's waist. "Why is this happening?" My voice cracked as my throat closed up. The feeling was overwhelming and it was hurting me, I didn't like the feeling and I couldn't push it away. "Why are you fading away?! Don't leave me Yunho! Don't you dare leave me!" I cupped his cheek and it lovingly. "Yeon-ah... I love you. But... this isn't real. The only real one is you..." He replied at last. "What?" I muttered, my head whipped around to look at the boys, only to find them fading as well. "Oppas!" I shouted. I looked down at my hand but I was not fading. "I'm the only real one? Then what is this?" I grabbed Yunho's shirt and pulled me up and towards the guys. "Is this a joke!?" I shouted at them. They smiled and shook their heads. "We're real... and we've alive... but... Yeon-ah, please be happy," Junsu the back of my head. I buried myself in the middle of the guys. Their warmth was fading away along with their bodies. "Don't leave me... I just met you guys!" I cried and with all my strength I hold them closely to me. My tears blurred my vision and I barely could see my surroundings. "I love you guys! Why do you have to go?" I sniffled. "Yeon-ah, we love you. Your wish is granted and we hope you go to heavens with a calm and peaceful heart," Jaejoong kisses my wet cheek. And with a blink of an eye, they were gone. Everything went blank and I stood in blank white glowing space. "Oppas!? Where are you!? Don't leave me!!!" I screamed and cried. "Yeon-ah... we will always love you," Their voices echoed through the white space. "I hope you visit me in my dreams," Yunho's voice rang in my head. "What are you talking about?" I looked down to see my outfit turned into a white dress.

"Yeon Yi... Jang Yeon Yi" A deeper and more confident voice overpowered the boys' voices. "Are you ready to go?" The voice asked. I looked all around to find the owner of the voice to find nothing but white space. "Where am I going?" I asked loudly. "Heaven. Your soul reached out to the boys of Dong Bang Shin Ki, you wanted to meet them, so I made it so. Meeting you would be a dream for them, but for you... it's reality. And after this, your soul will rest in peace up in heaven," The voice explained. "So... I'm dead?" She choked out. "Yes," The deep voice answered. "How... did I die?" She asked. "Heart attack, a hole in your heart..." I nodded. "Are you ready to move on and accept your faith?" The voice softly asked. "Yes... I'm ready..." She confidently said, hoping to not regret the words that she confidently expressed. "Once you hear the long beep, you have 3 seconds till your soul will fly up from your body. Once the beep is over, you'll be flying to heaven," The voice explained. I nodded and closed my eyes and hoped the flight would be painless.

Beeeeeeeeeeeee....

3...


I can hear voices of panic... but I couldn't move.

2...

"Yeon-ah... have a safe trip..." I heard the boys once again say to me. I smiled.

1...

eeeeeeeep.


I'm thankful for my last wish to be granted. The love I felt from these 5 boys were incredible, from their voices to their words to their actions. I've never experience such miracle. I thank them from the bottom of my heart for accepting my last wish. Without you guys, I would not be able to experience such happiness that warms my heart in the coldest winters. I wish you 5 luck and success in your life. Whether it be your career or your life, good luck. And thank you for giving me the chance to meet you. Have a good rest of the night! Sleep night... I hope my message and words will reach out to their dreams.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gah, did I do really bad? AHH! I did, didn't I? Aish, I really want to write something touching and sweet. But I don't think I did a good job! I really must . But seirously, I really wanted to write something heartwarming and sweet. I didn't want to write just about comedy and romance... I wanted to branch out to different genres! :( I need pointers.  But I thank all the readers who took the time to read this :)