Natural

Natural

Yonghwa is relieved the minute he parks the car, hearing a soft snore coming from the passenger’s seat. He leans in, pushing Joohyun’s hair out of her face so he can take a better at the lady he married without any regrets. However, he does regret the fact their work schedules often clash, making it almost impossible for them to see each other despite them living in the same house.

Being a freelance photographer does have its benefits, but the odd working hours is either a blessing or a curse. Joohyun is bound by a contract with the best modelling agency in their country, often having to be at photo shoots or costume fittings. By the time she reaches home, she would be passed out in the couch, too exhausted to even take another few steps to their bedroom. As a result, Yonghwa often carries her to their bed only to have her disappear to another photo shoot a few hours later.

 

“One day.” Yonghwa tells the man waiting for Joohyun by the door. “Hyung, just one day off, I swear I won’t disturb her working schedule after this one.”

He taps his chin, peering over at Joohyun scooting back and forth to her bedroom for her sponsored clothes. “I’ll see first.”

Yonghwa shrugs his shoulders, taking that as a yes for now.

 

Joohyun giggles as she looks over the cliff, wanting to go over the safety barrier, but two hands hold her back, covering her torso with warmth. “Beautiful.” He comments, putting his chin on her shoulders.

“I know, right.”

“I was talking about you.”

Joohyun scoffs, jokingly pushing him away as she continues watching the skies forming above them. She has never stop to take a look at her surroundings before. Despite her photo shoots being most in places like this, she never had time to enjoy the scenery. As a result, she often lost her touch with nature. In her head was mostly regarding her career, almost forgetting that she is a person, not a robot.

Yonghwa goes back to their car, fetching his beloved camera out making Joohyun cracks up in laughter. “You were the one who told me to forget about my job for a day!” Yonghwa laughs, “Today I’m not Yonghwa the photographer - I’m Jung Yonghwa who is married to you.”

“Then I’m not the model Joohyun – I’m Seo Joohyun, your beloved wife.”

Yonghwa something under his breath something about that being hard since her face is on almost every magazine in town.

 

Yonghwa chucks his bag aside, letting out a loud yell before throwing himself on the couch. It feels nicer than usual, it is more comfy and he can fall asleep anytime so-

“Seo Joohyun! Get off of me!” He demands but Joohyun shifts above him before settling comfortably above her husband.

Yonghwa tries to reach out to his back but his hands would not listen. They spent the entire day together which almost all of his energy out from entertaining his wife. However, he wants to be comfortable, but Joohyun is being difficult at the moment.

“Get off.” He tells her again, but he is answered with a weak imitation of his reply. “That was bad, by the way. But seriously, get off.”

“No.” Joohyun is determined to stay. “You get off.” She challenges him, but he only grunts in pain when his legs start aching.

 “Dude, you’re old. Get some exercise.” Joohyun informs him as she moves around again, squishing his arms while she is at it.

“Then get off and I’ll start right away.”

“As if that will work on me, you pathological liar.” Joohyun elbows his back.

“Ouch, woman!” He yells, taking a deep breath in. “Please get off of me.” He begs again.

Joohyun pokes his . “No.”

He gives up in arguing with her, accepting his fate in having to deal with a difficult wife, not that he regrets it though. She is too adorable for him to resist especially with the fact that only he could ever see this side of her. He prefers this side of her anyways, not the model, but her al natural side.

It is hard for someone like Joohyun to risk everything so she could be his wife. The press held several conferences with her regarding their rumoured relationship in the beginning. Her agency denied everything at first; not caring about what she had to say at all. Even during her photo shoots, she could hear whispering from the staff members as she gets costume changes or touch-ups.

“That’s right, he’s my fiancé and we’re getting married in fall.” Joohyun says aloud, stomping out of the press conference without a single care in the world anymore.

She never regretted doing that.

 

“Thank you.” He whispers, as he hears her soft breathing upon his neck letting him know she has fallen into a deep slumber.