Final.

Animal Keeper

“Joy, you have to stay inside here okay? Don’t run around if not Gayoon might find you.” Hyuna talked to the kitten she just brought home and kept her inside her wardrobe.

 

Hyuna was waiting for her girlfriend Gayoon to come home. She sat on the couch nervously. Hyuna went to check Joy occasionally to make sure she is still inside the wardrobe and not running around.

 

The door opened and Gayoon came in. She puts her bag on the couch and gave Hyuna a hug.

 

“Are you tired?” Hyuna asks.

 

“A little. I’m going to bathe first okay?” Gayoon walked towards their bedroom and she felt her left foot getting wet.

 

“Hyuna! What’s this?” Gayoon lift her foot up and there was a puddle on the floor.

 

“Ah… I accidentally poured the chrysanthemum tea on the floor just now and forgot to clean it!” Hyuna quickly cover it up with a lie but luckily Gayoon was somehow convinced by her.

 

“Clean it up quickly if not it’ll attract ants.” Gayoon then went to their bedroom.

 

‘Joy! I told you not to pee anywhere you want!’

 

Gayoon opened one side of the wardrobe to get a new set of clothes and tower when she heard something.

 

‘What’s that?’

 

“Meow”

 

“YA! KIM HYUNA!” Gayoon discovered Joy and brought her out to Hyuna.

 

“What’s this?” Gayoon looked at Hyuna sternly and the younger girl was terrified.

 

“Gayoonit… It’s a kitten! Her name’s Joy.”  Hyuna tried to say it cheerily.

 

“You better take her out of this house; I’m giving you five minutes.” Gayoon handed Hyuna Joy.

 

“But… She’s very obedient! Joy’s not a naughty kitten!” Hyuna tried to convince Gayoon to let Joy stay.

 

“No. We can’t keep her. Give it to somebody else.” Gayoon said.

 

“Gayoonit~ Please… Just this once! Joy is really a good girl.” Hyuna trying her very very best.

 

“What if she pees or poops around when we’re not home?”

 

“She won’t! Just now was the first time she peed on the floor, but she’s just uncomfortable with her surroundings because it’s the first time she came here!” Hyuna forgot about the puddle Gayoon stepped on just now was Joy’s urine.

 

“YA! So the puddle I stepped on just now was this brat’s urine?!”

 

“Gayoonit! Don’t call her a brat! She’s a pretty kitten.” Hyuna pouted.

 

“This is the only exception, okay? Joy will only be the pet in our house, no other animals.” Gayoon warned Hyuna.

 

“Yay! Thanks unnie!” Hyuna planted a kiss on Gayoon’s cheek.

 

 

It was a Saturday evening; Gayoon knocked off earlier and is in the living room with Hyuna watching a film. Hyuna got up suddenly while Gayoon was still engrossed in the film.

 

“Unnie…” Hyuna called for her girlfriend while holding a box.

 

“Hm? What’s that? Don’t tell me it’s another kitten, Kim Hyuna.” Gayoon glared at Hyuna.

 

“No no. It’s not a kitten. It’s a guinea pig! Her name’s Joey. Isn’t she cute?” Hyuna tried to show Joey’s cute side to Gayoon.

 

“Kim HyunBak, which part of “Joy will only be the pet in our house, no other animals.” Do you not understand? I can explain it to you again.” Gayoon folded her arms and approach Hyuna.

 

“Look, Gayoonit. Listen to me. My friend couldn’t keep her so she asked if I can. I couldn’t reject her so I said okay.” Hyuna explained. Joy sensed that Gayoon’s gonna explode so she went to Gayoon’s side. Gayoon carried Joy.

 

“I told you there can only be Joy in our house, right? I don’t care. Get this pig out of my sight and out of this house now.”

 

“Gayoonit… Joey is properly trained so she won’t pee or poop around. I have made a house for her in the balcony, she won’t be near you!” Hyuna said confidently.

 

“This is the last time, Kim Hyuna. I’m serious about it.” Gayoon rolled her eyes and brought Joy to their bedroom.

 

 

The next morning, Hyuna went out to get breakfast for Gayoon and for herself. Gayoon woke up and saw Hyuna carrying a box on her hand, yet again. She stopped Hyuna from coming in.

 

“Kim Hyuna. Stay there. What’s that on your hand?” Gayoon pointed at the box while holding Joy.

 

“Oh, it’s a Chinchilla! Her name is Juliane.” Hyuna smiled cheekily.

 

“Seriously, did my words go through your left ear and come out from your right ear? I said no more animas in our house!” Gayoon shouted.

 

“Unnie, you always keep Joy by your side and don’t you know that Joey will get jealous and lonely? Juliane can keep her accompanied!” Hyuna tried to find excuses again.

 

“No. Get that freaking thing out.” Gayoon pointed at Juliane.

 

“She’s an animal! Her name is Juliane, she’s not a thing unnie!” Hyuna frowned.

 

“Whatever. And look at what your dear Joey is doing right now. That is the fifth cable.” Hyuna turned and saw Joey biting off the television cable.

 

“That’s her habit! He he.” Hyuna giggled.

 

“I don’t care. Get that whatever Juliane out.”

 

“Unnie pleaseeee… I’ll take care of Juliane myself and I promise I won’t let her bother you!” Hyuna pleaded with her puppy eyes.

 

“You better keep that promise.” Gayoon gave in eventually and brought Joy to the kitchen.

 

“Juliane… Gayoonit didn’t say I can’t bring other animals back. I’ll get you a bunny friend tomorrow!” Hyuna gave Juliane a kiss.