Not Alone

The Golden Lady and The Dragon


The war would not end in the near future, although many soldiers had suffered from it.

Han Geng sighed heavily when the pain of his wound tortured him once more. He was shot through the chest, not through the heart, but it was still painful. He was dying, but the war kept going. The sound of exploding bombs and agonized screams didn’t subside even a bit.

Just when Han Geng thought about death, an enemy approached, pointing his weapon towards him.

Goodbye, world.

Maybe, Han Geng said this too early.

The threatening soldier was shot first before he could kill Han Geng.

Han Geng turned his gaze and found his wife Li Yin, holding a rifle pointed to enemy.

“Li Yin... you left the central camp...” Han Geng smiled despite the excruciating pain. Li Yin immediately sat beside Han Geng. “Of course I did. You’re badly injured! I can’t only stay in the camp while you’re dying here alone!”

“But how—“

“Please don’t talk to much. Your condition worsens.” Li Yin went pale; Han Geng lost much blood because of the wound and she came late. Getting hopeless, she still treated his wounds as careful as she could.

“Is it still painful?” Li Yin asked in the middle of treating her husband’s wound.

“No,” –but then Han Geng flinched because of the stabbing pain—, “I’m okay. Thank you for being by my side when I need you.”

“I’m sorry,” Li Yin dragged herself closer to Han Geng, eyes b with tears, “If only I came earlier...”

“Don’t blame yourself,” Han Geng brought Li Yin’s gentle hand close to his face, “At least, I’m not alone in this dark battlefield.”


a. n. 'battlefield romance' is always so touching, but I can't make it as beautiful as the others...

anyway, this series is completed! if Li Yin-jie releases another album (I hope it is in the near future!) this series will be updated.

last greetings from the couple ^^