Final

Thinking Out Loud

Byun Baekhyun doesn’t exactly know when he realized that he was madly, deeply and irrevocably in love with his childhood bully, Park Chanyeol.

 

You might think it was weird— stupid even, but who are we to say when we, as humans don’t have the control to our own feelings. We get affected with the littlest things and before we know it, we’re already harboring feelings to certain people we didn’t know could even feel.

 

So, when Baekhyun took the dive; head first, to being irrevocably in love with Chanyeol, the petite brunette surprised himself by adoring and on some special cases— even loving some of the things Chanyeol does that he used to hate. For example, he used to loathe seeing Chanyeol smile. Well mainly because he did not want the gigantic guy to be happy, but now— he loves that smile. That certain smile the giant wears on his face at any time of the day is so blinding that the Baekhyun sometimes feel that Park Chanyeol’s smile— could cure cancer.

 

Another good example would be that little annoying twitching facial expression Chanyeol unconsciously does; it used to irk Baekhyun. Well, guess what? The petite brunette finds it adorable now. Can you believe it? Byun Baekhyun actually adores an unconscious twitching habit. He would always steal glances at the tall male whenever he was at his vicinity and Baekhyun can’t help but coo, mentally of course, whenever he would catch Chanyeol twitch unconsciously. He really does find it adorable. He finds Park Chanyeol adorable and y.

 

Not that he could help it, honestly, he’s madly in love with this giant— he would even love him if Chanyeol reeks of body odor.

 

Oh and that one thing that Chanyeol does to Baekhyun that used to be the bane of his existence; it’s one of the things he looked to now— Chanyeol playfully patting his head lightly and calling him ‘shortie’ whenever he was in the mood. It used to put Baekhyun in a bad mood; made him irritable even— but now it caused him to feel butterflies in his stomach, his heart doing somersaults and beating a million kilometers in a second that sometimes, Baekhyun legit feels that his heart is going to burst out of his chest.

 

When he realized he felt those cheesy, cringe stuff that you can read on romance novels or see in romance movies, Baekhyun knows that he’s completely ed; madly, deeply and irrevocably in love with Chanyeol kind of completely ed.

 

-

 

Unlike, Baekhyun, in Chanyeol’s case he exactly knew when he fell in love with the petite brunette.

 

It wasn’t when Baekhyun looked his best, looking like an angel sent from above. It wasn’t when Baekhyun’s face was full of determination as he finished the lap of the race, even though he was last. It wasn’t when the petite brunette sang his heart out at their yearly High School’s talent show; Chanyeol thought he was stunningly beautiful on stage. He didn’t fall in love with Baekhyun during these moments, because to simply put it— he was already madly, deeply and irrevocably in love with Baekhyun then.  Those moments only made Chanyeol fall in love with the petite brunette again and again.

 

He fell in love with Baekhyun when they were 12 years old; snot running down on Baekhyun’s face as he cried after watching a touching movie called ‘Love Actually.’ It was embarrassing, really, as the petite brunette clung onto him as if he could make him stop crying.

 

Chanyeol remembers as he patted Baekhyun’s head rather awkwardly for that moment as he was used to be the one making the petite brunette cry, not comforting him.

 

Comforting a crying 12-year-old Baekhyun was no easy task, so the giant did all he could to appease the brunette in the hopes of comforting Baekhyun. So he jokingly agreed to Baekhyun’s requests; to love him till his legs would no longer work, to mysteriously fall in love with him when their 23, and to love the petite brunette till they were 70. It sounded more like a proposal to Chanyeol, but he really couldn’t care, all he wanted was to get Baekhyun off his chest and to make the petite brunette stop crying.

 

It worked. Promising all those stuff appeased Baekhyun. However, no matter how many warnings anyone would give Chanyeol for what was to come the next second; he would still be caught off guard. The giant exactly remembers how he felt then— how falling in love with Baekhyun feels. At 12 years of age.

 

Looking up at Chanyeol with his big bright smile, causing the petite brunette’s eyes to be shaped like crescent moons, Byun Baekhyun at that moment officially knocked Park Chanyeol out. The giant felt his heart rate speed up, butterflies in his stomach as he stared at the petite brunette’s smile— there and then, 12-year-old Park Chanyeol knew he was completely ed. He was— still is madly, deeply and irrevocably in love with Baekhyun kind of completely ed.

 

As he lay down on his bed that night, he regretted not telling Baekhyun that he couldn’t love him till he was 70. The age limit he was planning to love Baekhyun was limitless.

 

-

 

“Can you please stop staring at that gigantic dork with those heart-shaped eyes? It’s seriously disgusting.”

 

“Go find a to on, Lu Han.”

 

“Mhmm, well, Chanyeol seems to be a good candidate for that.”

 

Turning to glare at his smirking china doll-faced best friend, “Don’t you dare,” hissed Baekhyun.

 

Barking out a loud laugh, Lu Han mockingly patted the petite brunette’s back. “You of all people should know that I wouldn’t even consider Park Chanyeol as a human being.”

 

Baekhyun pointedly looked at Lu Han as he scoffed, “Oh please, drop that ‘not manly enough’ list of yours. Its ridiculous.”

 

“Defending that yoda just because you are in love with him is a violation against the best friend law, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“What the hell is even a best friend law?”

 

“Jongdae and I made it,” Lu Han shot a disgusted look towards Chanyeol; not even bothering to be discreet, “when we realized that you’re head over heels in love with that alien.”

 

Exasperated, Baekhyun raised his hands in the air and huffed out, “He’s not an alien, Lu Han! He’s human.”

 

“Finish your sentence before I finish it for you loudly, Byun Baekhyun,” Lu Han said in a low voice as he squinted his eyes towards the petite brunette.

 

Cursing under his breath as Lu Han knew him too well— Baekhyun quickly muttered in a hushed tone, “He’s a y yet adorable as human being.”

 

Pursing his lips and standing up, Lu Han gathered his stuff as he looked at the petite brunette, which made the latter looked sort of guilty, “I’m going to find Minseok and make out with him just to stop myself from saying this to you for the millionth time— go confess!”

 

Baekhyun sighed as he watched his best friend walk out of the canteen. He knew that Lu Han wasn’t angry with him; he was never angry with Baekhyun. He only acts like this because he knows that Lu Han thinks once he confesses to Chanyeol there would be a happy ending for him, and Baekhyun knows him well enough to realize that; that’s what Lu Han wants— a happy ending for Baekhyun with his prince charming Chanyeol.

 

It’s not that easy for Baekhyun’s part. Sure, he wants a happy love life with Chanyeol where they would sneak out in between classes to make out or discover a place where only both of them know about or maybe even go to their favorite cafes and just order random drinks, they could even sleep over at each other’s houses and just make out. But he knew that it was impossible, there was no chance that Chanyeol would like him; he doubt Chanyeol even looks at him.

 

Following his best friend’s footsteps, Baekhyun willed himself not to glance at his muse as he walked passed Yifan’s table, but he was weak— weak against Chanyeol.

 

So he stole a glance.

 

He was more than surprised to have caught Chanyeol— looking at him.

 

-

 

“I like you.”

 

“What?”

 

“No, I love you.”

 

What?”

 

“Look,” running his hands through his hair, Chanyeol took a deep breath. “You make me crazy, you know that? You’ve been making crazy since we were kids and I should hate how you make me crazy but I don’t. I like being driven crazy by you. I like you so much to the point where I want to see you by my side wherever I am,” deciding not to care about Baekhyun’s reaction, the giant grabbed the petite brunette’s hands and stared deeply at those brown orbs he loves so much.

 

“I want to hold your hand whenever I want. I want to kiss you for no reason at all. I want to ruffle your hair whenever you get moody and just cuddle the out of you. I want to be that one person in your life that knows everything about you; what’s your expression like when you’re truly happy or excited or angry— you don’t have to worry about making a heartbroken expression because I’ll never break your heart. Look, Baekhyun, I basically want to try something with you that I know would last if we can work it out well.”

 

A little out of breath after he basically just confessed or more like rant his feelings to his first love, Chanyeol could only hope that his little speech moved Baekhyun and give him a chance to take him out on a date at least— anything but rejection.

 

However, what happened the next second was not what Chanyeol expected. (Oh whom are we kidding, he wanted this to happen the most.)

 

Baekhyun kissed him.

 

The cute petite brunette called Byun Baekhyun stood on his tiptoes and pressed him soft lips to the now; scarlet faced giant.

 

“I like you too, you idiot.” Baekhyun muttered softly.

 

Before Chanyeol could ask Baekhyun if he really meant it, the petite brunette beat him to it. “Yes, Chanyeol, I really do like you.” Shifting nervously, eyes downcast Baekhyun softly confessed, “I don’t exactly know when I fell in love with you, but when I realized that I was, am, I want to do all those things that you want to do too. And, uh—“ blushing furiously; Baekhyun muttered under his breath. “Many more other things too.”

It only took a second for Chanyeol to understand what Baekhyun meant and the giant couldn’t help but to blush even more and he got excited but just imagining it.

 

“What’re you blushing for, you ert!”

 

Barking out a loud laugh (the laugh that Baekhyun secretly loves so much), Chanyeol bent down a little and pressed their foreheads together. Pressing a quick kiss to those soft plump lips, he softly muttered. “I really do like you, Baekhyun. I really, really do.”

 

Wrapping his arms around the giant’s waist, Baekhyun tilted his head to the side with a mischievous grin, “I can only accept you if your able the fulfill this request though.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“You have to kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.”

 

Smirking, Chanyeol pulled the petite brunette closer— hugging him a little tighter, “I’ve already promised to love you till 70 though.”

 

“Only till 70?”

 

“Just joking, babe,” A peck. “I’ll love you even until my next life.”

 

-

 

Perched on Chanyeol’s lap, running his hands through soft black locks; Baekhyun animatedly talked about his new found friendship with a guy named Do Kyungsoo, his giant of a boyfriend listening earnestly. “So this weekend, we’re going to hang out with him and his boyfriend, Jongin!”

 

“We?”

 

“Yes. We. You and Me, Yeol! I’ve got to show off my perfect boyfriend.”

 

Shrugging, Chanyeol leaned in for a short sweet kiss. “Fair enough. I’ll go wherever you go anyway.”

 

“Even when I go for a shopping spree everywhere in Seoul?”

 

“Yes, Baek, even that.”

 

“What if I want to go to space?”

 

“Then we’ll go to space together.”

 

Grinning widely, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around the giant’s neck as he leaned in for a kiss.

 

He was happy. He is truly happy. It’s been a year since he and Chanyeol have been together and it honestly is the best year in his life. Loving Chanyeol is easy as breathing and Baekhyun would never give it up as his giant— is the air to his lungs as he breathes and the blood that runs through his veins as he lives. They still had a long way to go and it doesn’t matter, not to Baekhyun or Chanyeol because they know that whatever they have now, it’s going to last a lifetime.

 

Baekhyun is like the comforting warmth that Chanyeol feels at the pit of his stomach as he takes a sip on his hot cocoa drink on a chilly morning. What can he say?

 

He’s madly, deeply and irrevocably in love with Byun Baekhyun.

 

(Same goes for the petite brunette.)