Prologue (1): It Started With A Kiss

Behind The Scenes

18th October 2014 @ YG Building, Seoul.

It was a month ago when Winner received news from YG telling them to prepare their own solos for the 2014 Melon Music Awards. He specifically said it had to be a solo stage from each member and they were free to do whatever they please. However, their performances would first have to live up to his expectations before giving them the green light.

All five members agreed to plan their stages privately so they get to fully showcase their own style and personality without judgments and interference from each other. And so, weeks passed and the day finally arrived where all five of them were expected to show their performances to YG as well as to each other.

As they sat anxiously in the practice room waiting for the always-late YG, Seungyoon reached out to Taehyun and forcefully sat him on his lap. His arms automatically circled Taehyun’s waist as he placed his lips on his boyfriend’s neck and inhaled his scent. Memories of Taehyun’s heated scent came to mind and Seungyoon whispered “I haven’t held you in so long, I’ve missed you” into Taehyun’s ears. Taehyun wiggled in Seungyoon’s lap and turned around to give him a quick peck on the cheek then nervously looked away. Seungyoon thought it was unlike Taehyun to act so shy around him but didn’t press the issue. He was just happy to hold him in his arms again after all the time they spent apart organizing their own solos.

YG finally arrived an hour late and instructed them to begin their individual acts. They started with Jinwoo’s acoustic version of "Don’t Flirt". All members had fatherly smiles as they watched Jinwoo croon the lyrics to their song. They cheered him on silently while admiring his newly found confidence. Next up was Seunghoon, he surprised everyone by performing a brand new song, "Serenade". All four members stared wide eyed as he performed his solo which included both dancing and rapping. His performance ended with a bang and everyone clapped and cheered. Mino was the third to perform and it wasn’t surprising when his solo "I’m Him" blared through the speakers. Despite the obvious song choice, the members still cheered and grooved in the background to Mino’s intense hip-hop performance.

 Seungyoon was next and was excited to be able to finally do rock again. As much as he loved ballads, he always felt a spark ignite in him whenever he got to do rock music. He performed a rock version of "Different", a song he treasured most from the album. As Seungyoon performed, Taehyun could barely blink much less respond. He was speechless seeing the passion and confidence ooze from his usually dorky boyfriend. What amazed him most was the fire in his eyes as he performed, Taehyun couldn’t keep his eyes of him. He realized Seungyoon didn’t need the glitz and glamour of a well-built stage and fancy clothes to stand out amongst the idols. All he needed was a mic and a live band.

As Seungyoon’s performance came to an end, the members cheered and whooped while Taehyun forcefully pulled himself back from his trance. It was his turn next and he didn’t know how Seungyoon would react to his contemporary attempt at "Tonight". He decided to worry about that later and proceeded to set up the props for his performance. He dragged the couch to the middle of the room and then lied down. A female dancer then walked up to the couch and climbed all over him to lie directly on him as there was only room for one on the couch. The room fell into a hushed silence and all eyes landed on the couple on the couch. Taehyun could feel everyone’s eyes on him and started to doubt himself. He wondered if he had taken his performance a little too far. But, rather than evoking controversy or jealousy, all he wanted was for viewers to feel the emotions behind the song. He wanted to viewers to relate to his lyrics about a man sleeping with another woman while thinking of his ex. Taehyun wanted to create a story so viewers could picture the song the way he did.

Taehyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath before "Tonight" started played through the speakers. He performed his entire routine while consciously evading Seungyoon’s eyes. He blocked out everyone in the room including Seungyoon and YG in order to focus his emotions on portraying the male lead in his story. As his performance approached the end, he kissed the female dancer fiercely while tears slipped from his eyes as he walked away from her.

His performance ended and he faced YG, expecting some sort of comment or remark. But everyone in the room remained silent. He turned around to where s were sitting and looked for Seungyoon but he wasn’t in the room anymore. A sense of worry and anxiousness boiled in him. YG told the members he needed time to think this through and would get back to them tomorrow. As soon as they were dismissed, Taehyun instinctively ran to find Seungyoon.

 Taehyun couldn’t find Seungyoon anywhere in the YG building so he franticly grabbed his bag from the practice room and bolted towards their dorms.

He hoped Seungyoon was there...

 

A/N: Sorry for the cringe worthy tittle and lack of Kangnam interaction ;; Look forward to a little in the next chapter. 

Twitter - @kangnamWOT5