The next day

Year of 2007
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hangeng hyung, we are on in two hours." Siwon and Hangeng were preparing to guest in a variety show in China. 

"Siwon, it's our members..." Hangeng was lost for words for ten minutes before he overcame his shock and explained the accident.

Hangeng apologized to the host, "We know many fans came all the way here today to see us, but we cannot stay here not knowing if our members and teetering on the edge of death. I am deeply sorry." The host cried with him as they shared an awkward embrace. "The script, the 50 pages long script, will be kept here safe and sound until you return. Do not worry about us, the fans and our production team will understand and earnestly pray for the recovery of Kyuhyun and the members. Please take care." Hangeng nodded and bowed, Siwon bowed as well and swiftly walked away as he could no long contain his tears.

It was only a two-hour flight back to Korea, but it felt like eternity. Hangeng and Siwon were either crying, sleeping, or praying throughout the plane ride. By the time they landed, they were exhausted but they could not postpone their visit any longer knowing that their maknae could die any moment now. They rushed straight to the hopsital and saw Leeteuk sitting on his bed.

"Leetuek hyung!" They both cried and ran and wrapped their arms around their leader. Siwon from the front, Hangeng from the back. Leeteuk forced a smile, "Don't have to worry, they are just doing regular check ups, I will be out of here within a week." He tried his best to comfort s. "We were so worried, thank God you are alive." Having heard Hangeng said that, Siwon could not help but to frown knowing that this was not the case with their maknae.

Siwon bowed his head and thinned his lips into a line, his hand involuntarily reached fro his leader's shoulder. "Hyung, Kyuhyun..." Leeteuk sighed and held the hands of Siwon and Hangeng and led them to the area outside ICU where the doctor was talking to Kyuhyun's parents and sister.

Kyuhyun's family was all weeping, and it was particularly heart-breaking to see Kyuhyun's father's florrid complexion from fighting his manly tear and yet having them bursting out like a flood. His mother and sister were crying on each other, wiping tears with their handkercheif. 

The three super junior members bowed and greet the family. Leeteuk broke into tears as he bowed repeatedly and apologized in between his bows, "I am very sorry." "I could not protect your son." "I fail as a leader." "Please forgive me." Hangeng could not take it and hugged Leeteuk to stop him from bowing. Siwon's face just turned into a mess and he just ran to a corner to cover his face. 

"Leeteuk ah, you suffered too. This is not your fault." Kyuhyun's father was very understanding and rational despite the fact that his son was in a critical position. They all then proceeded to hear what the doctor had to say. 

"Your son is suffereing from pneumothorax, meaning that his lung has collapsed and he cannot breathe on his own. He is dying. There is no way..." The doctor paused for a second, "He current state is too dangerous to perform surgery, but we will perform it as soon as his condition stablizes. We will perform the surgery through his airway, but even so, he only stands a 20 percent chance to live." Kyuhyun's mother almost fainted so her daughter brought her to the bench. 

"Through the airway?" Kyuhyun's father exclaimed, "My son, has the dream of becoming a singer. How is he going to live without his voice? Please find other routes of performing the surgery." He held the doctor's hand and begged. "Are you crazy? Your son is dying and you are talking about singing?" The doctor brushed his hands away from him, he was utterly appalled by what he heard. A senior doctor passed by as witnessed the scene, he pondered, and decided to take the risk and proposed the idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter