The boy who wasn't that bad after all.

The boy who didn't know how to love

 

The boy who wasn't that bad after all.Chapter 3

 

“Don’t panic, you can do this.” Ara’s teacher comforted her before forcing her to get inside the exam hall. It was the day the Maths Olympiad was going to held and Ara grew tensed with every passing second. She stood in front of a queue which seemed to be never ending. She recited the formulae in her mind, scared that she would forget.  But soon discarded that action as it seemed to make her even more nervous. Everyone else in the hall seemed to be very relaxed, as these exams had nothing to do with the academic scores. But it meant free scholarships for Ara, she just can’t let this opportunity go to waste, especially after working hard for this exam for two long weeks.

 

She took the opportunity to look around the area. Everything seemed so lavish and expensive compared to her school. Well, as expected from S.K. High. Most of the participants were from S.K High and only a little fraction of them were from other schools or ‘ordinary schools’ as the S.K. students like to call them. Ara was dressed properly today, wearing a neat and ironed uniform. Her hair was tied in a neat bun. She even wore some make up today to look decent as she didn’t want any more  people mocking at the way she was dressed. 

 

She soon got her hall ticket and entered into a huge hall where the exam was to take place. She was in complete awe as she stared at the enormous amount of area the school had. She went to her allotted chair and sat there quietly, trying not to panic.

 

The exams had started and Ara began to carefully solve the sums one by one. It was quite a difficult paper but Ara was able to figure out the answers for the mentally sickening questions.

After 15 minutes, Ara could hear a few girls giggling besides her. She tried to ignore it, but their prolonged giggling seemed to be never ending. She looked at those girls and glared at them, signalling her annoyance at them. The girls were totally immersed in staring at the boy who had just come in through the door and was talking to the exam inspector. Probably telling the same old reasons for being late. He made his way towards his desk and started to lazily scribble on the answer sheet. He was a handsome guy with crisp brown hair and a tall physique, he wore S.K. High’s uniform, automatically informing that he would be one of those rich brats.

 

Ara scoffed at his care freeness and  continued with her work. She would be lying if she didn’t think he was attractive. But she wouldn’t even try to stir the attention of the opposite , because she didn’t want to get distracted at such an important phase in her life.

After 2 long hours, the exam was finally over and Ara packed her things and got out of the room, satisfied. Some of the students were still in campus and they didn’t seem to be leaving soon. Ara took the opportunity to take a look around the campus. As she was striding across the corridors, she bumped into someone and her hand phone fell down from the grip of her fingers. The phone slid through a tiny hole between the metal bars of the walls that lined down the corridor. She watched her phone fall down with absolute terror on her face. “Mom is so going to kill me.” She quickly ran down the stairs and went to the back of the building, where her phone fell.

 

She started to search for her phone, her eyes scanning every corner of the area. Unfortunately her phone was no where to be found. But she was sure it fell somewhere over here. “I should probably ask some student here to make a call, so I can find where that damn phone is!” She turned away and walked quickly with panic. On the corner of her eye, she saw an old  wooden door, it looked like the bar of wood had been beaten and battered and its layers had been scratched out of its body. It looked like something out of a horror movie. But Ara made her way towards the door, with hopes that somehow her phone could have fell there since it seemed to have some tiny holes on it’s ceiling. She slowly opened the door and made her way quietly, almost like a cat and started to search for the small device. The place was quite dark and she could only make out a few things here and there. It seemed like an old storage room. Her footsteps were uniform, making a annoying series of noises. She spotted a dim light from the opposite of the room. She was extremely excited and relieved to see her phone sitting on the edge of an old table. She hurried towards it, knocking on a few things sprawled across the room. Just when she was nearing her target, she tumbled upon something that felt ‘human’ and lost her balance. She expected the hard, polished floor to smash her face, but she was met with something soft instead.

 

It smelt like lavender and boys after shave mixed with some cologne. Ara sniffed the ‘thing’ that she had fallen over, just a moment ago due to her carelessness.

“What the f-ck !” She heard the voice of a boy grumble like he had just woken up because of an annoying  unwelcomed visitor who just happened to be Ara. And that’s when all hell broke lose. She mentally death palmed herself for not only being alone with a hormonal teenage boy in a dark secluded room but she even had to go ahead and sniff his jacket like a total creep.

 

Ara was too scared to look up and see the boy’s face. So she just closed her eyes and prayed that she could find a hole to burry herself. “Get off! Your heavy....” The boy knocked Ara out of her ‘metal battle ‘ where she was deciding how she should punch herself when she gets home for the trouble she had just caused. Ara nervously pulled her body from the boy, who bore an expression as if a ‘certain’ weight had been lifted off of him. He took a deep breath and looked at the ‘weight’ that had been suffocating him a while ago. He was actually surprised when he looked at Ara, who was currently still ‘partially’ hovered over him. There was a certain something about her that irked him. “Its just the damn hormones playing tricks on me.” He thought as he continued to eye the girl who had a hard time pulling herself up from him. She knee was scratched and she winced in pain as she tried to pick herself up. Ara opened her eyes to look at the boy and apologise to him. She was surprised to see that it was the boy who had come late for the exam. She was rendered breathless because of his outstanding visuals, he certainly looked even better close up.

 

“Are you going to get off or not ?” The boy asked losing his patience. “My-my....knee is bleeding and it also seems like I have twisted my left foot, so can you just push me by the side. It would be of great help and sorry for causing you trouble.” Ara quickly said embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

The boy sighed, sensing that the girl was totally hopeless as every time she tried to pull her body up, she only lost balance and fell back on him. He held Ara’s waist so he could push her away from him. Just when he was about to do so, he could hear a screeching noise. A old man who seemed to be in his thirties looked at the two with complete disgust on his face. He looked at Ara and then back at the boy.

“Yah! You two, what are you doing here ?” He shouted at the two, totally misunderstanding the situation. “Kids these days....”  He scoffed and continued ranting, not giving the two a chance to explain. The boy pushed Ara away from him, earning a hiss from her. He got up and dusted off the dirt on his clothes. While he was doing so, a cigarette slipped from his pocket.

“Oh right! Now you even have a cigarette with you.” The man who seemed to be a worker in the school scolded the boy and shook his head. Ara felt like she was going to cry because of the whole misunderstanding.

 

“Chill out, its not what you think it is.” The boy stated calmly with his hands in his pockets, giving off a cool aura. “Yeah, Mr. saint, like I’ll actually believe you. I just saw what happened with my own eyes. “ The man said, not even hearing the reason that they had to say.

“Look here, Kai, I’m not going to sit still and watch you break the rules. I’m not afraid of your family or whatever.” The man seemed to hold a grudge against the boy. The boy, who was called Kai, sighed and walked towards Ara.

 

“Kai, where are you going when i’m talking to you!” The man was more than furious at the moment. “Can you run ?” Kai asked Ara as if he was planning to do something. Ara shook her head. Kai sighed. It seemed that he would have a lot of ‘sighing’ to do today. “Then, can you walk ?” Ara shook her head again. “I can’t even get up. My left foot feels numb.” Ara voiced her pain.

Kai ordered her to get on his back and Ara obeyed quietly. “I’m definitely going to report this to the head office.” Ara cringed everytime the man spoke. “Do you know her name or her ID number ?” Kai asked the man who just stood there and looked at Ara blankly. Kai smirked at him and ran with great speed, carrying Ara on his back.

 

“Yah! Kim Kai, don’t run away. I swear I will make you suffer.” The man shouted, embarrassed. Kai laughed when he heard that and Ara sworn that she was going to thank him abundantly for all the he had gone through for her.

Maybe boys weren’t that bad after all.   

 


 Word count - 1750 I'm so done, meh.