The boy who got into an accident

The boy who didn't know how to love

 

The boy who got into an accident. Chapter one.

 

“Ara, are you even listening ?” Ara’s teacher Mr. Yang snapped at her, disrupting her from completing smacking her head unto the comfort of the hard wooden desk due to the lack of sleep last night. It’s all thanks to her mother constantly forcing her to study hard for the upcoming midterm exams. It was no wonder why she was the top of her class.

 

“Yue Ara!” Mr.Yang shouted one last time before she immediately jumped off her chair, unknowingly hitting her left foot during the process. The class laughed at her clumsiness and whispered comments to each other. Ara felt her cheeks heat up due to the embarrassment.

 

“Meet me after class is over. And don’t you dare doze off again while you are in class.” He warned her one last time before continuing with his boring lessons. She lifelessly dropped her body onto the hard chair, once again hitting her shoulder against the pointed edge of the chair. Some of her classmates who were fortunate enough to get a glimpse of the embarrassing incident snickered at her.

 

Ara dropped her head down with embarrassment. She has been a laughing stock ever since last year due to a terrible memory that she vowed never to think about again. But it was very hard to do so since the two people who were the cause for her downfall were right in her class, constantly reminding her about how much of a loser she was.

 

She just wanted to transfer to another school next year because the more she saw them, the more her confidence dropped down.  The pleasant sound of the school bell knocked her out of her thoughts and she could see Mr. Yang giving her a look, signalling her to get her over the Teacher’s office. She put her belongings in her bag lazily and dragged her feet towards the door. Just when she got to the door, one of her classmates purposely bumped into her causing her to fall down on her knees.

 

“Sorry!” Her classmate shouted and ran away from her with no sort of concern. Ara sighed at the inconsiderate classmate and quickly brushed off her shirt while getting up.

 

“Oh my! Ara, are you okay ?” asked a high pitched voice. It was a short girl with cute buns and pump lips. She helped Ara get up and looked at her with concern evident on her face. Although Ara doubted her so called ‘concern’. Ara brushed the girl’s hand away and immediately turned to her right to go to Mr.Yang’s office.

 

“She was just being nice and you dare brush her off like that.” A voice behind her shouted. A voice she knew all too well. Byun Beakhyun.

She turned her head and threw a glare at the boy and his girlfriend who happened to be the concerned angel that helped her earlier. “Thank you, Yumi.” She told the girl with utmost ungratefulness clear in her voice. Baekhyun snickered at her attitude and grabbed his girlfriend’s hand and left the hallways. She could hear him curse at her from behind.

 

She might have acted like a miniature just now, but she had her reasons, they were after all the people responsible for her heartbreak. The people who turned her into a cheap, delusional laughing stock. She brushed off the thoughts running around her mind and opened the door.

“You’re here finally.” The teacher told as he handed over a paper to her. Ara boringly glazed at the sheet of paper.

 

“You got selected to go to the Prestigious Math Olympiad this year and it is conducted by the end of this month. The details are on the paper and meet me if you have any doubts. You may leave now.” Ara left the room and sighed as she continued to examine the paper. It was funny how the teacher never even asked her if she wanted to go. He made it seem like she had no choice at all. Not like anyone cared about her opinion anyway, her mother always made the decisions for her. Not that Ara was angry at her mother going around making decisions for her. She just wanted to be a little independent.

 

While she was reading the contents of the participation form, something got her attention. “S.K High...” She whispered as she noticed that the Olympiad was held in none other than the most prestigious school in all of South Korea, S.K High. She had always wondered how great the school was since the school and its students had been the talk of the town for quite a while.

She carefully placed the form inside her bag and made her way of out the school gates. It was getting late and she increased her pace as she felt scarred with every passing second. It was quite fortunate that  she could catch the bus before it left.

 

She quickly hopped inside and took a seat at the back. Ara was not the kind who sleeps on her ride back home. She preferred to stare out through the window and look at all the beauty that the crowded streets of Seoul had to offer. As she was continuing with her little sight seeing, the bus came to a halt accompanied by a loud screeching sound. A loud blast followed the previous sound, an accident had occurred. Ara could see a few passengers run out to help the unfortunate people who were seated at the car which was damaged a little bit since it had hit a tree that laid across the street. After a few seconds Ara too rushed out of the bus, due to her etching curiosity to know what had happened.

 

She could see a boy coming out of the car with clear horror evident on his face. The people crowded  around him and tried to help the boy get back on his feet as he had fallen down. He took a hold of his arm and shut his eyes close as if he was in pain. Ara just stood there and stared at the whole commotion that was taking place. Its not like she didn’t want to help, she just wasn’t given the chance to, since he had a lot of people to help him anyways.

 

The ambulance had arrived and he was carried by the bus driver and some other people. Just when he was about to pass by her, he quickly turned to look at her. Ara was surprised when he suddenly turned to look at her as if she was some kind of alien that needed to be given attention. He was soon taken to the ambulance and the door was shut close by the driver.

“Why did he stare at me ? Do I look weird or something....” She whispered to herself as she checked her uniform to see if something was wrong. Ara jumped up in shock when someone tapped her shoulder from behind.

 

“ Hey student, do you know by any chance who that boy is ? You know the one that got into an accident earlier.”   A police officer asked her as he was done with examining the car for any phone or something.  Ara shook her head vigorously when the sudden question was thrown at her.

“Weird, I’m sure he looked up at you when he was being carried away.” The police said as he left and headed towards the car again to check further. Ara got back on the bus feeling all weird and tired. He just stared at her and she was making a big deal out of it. She soon forgot about the whole ordeal and concentrated on staring outside, observing the colourful lights of the city. 

 


 

Author's corner

1292 words...... I'm done. Sorry if there are any mistakes (didn't check-read).  Ara is not a damsel in distress just so you know, her attitude is just a little carefree and mean.