003

Cataclysm

'Myungsoo? Myungsoo? Are you alright?'' This newbie just fainted in front of me after seeing Professor Y. His eyes slowly fluttered open as I called him for the third time. 
'Gwenchana?' I asked. He slowly sat up before being all frantic and asking me what is the date today. 
' November 24th 2015. ' I answered.

'Oh .' He cursed.

What's wrong with this newbie seriously. I pulled him up from the ground before questioning him what's wrong.

'Nothing...nothing.' He shook his head before stepping out of the ward. I shot him a quizzical look before approaching Professor Y who was lying on the bed.

'Professor?' I called.  He slowly stirred up.

'HyunJi ah.'

'Neh professor?' I answered.

'The USB. I saved all the findings in it. Take a look at it and I wish you all the best.' He breathed.

Why is he saying as though he won't see me again? 
' What's with the words. Its not like I won't see you again. You only fainted due to fatigue.  ' I laughed it off.

Professor shook his head and gave a laugh. 'I know myself HyunJi.That guy just now. Who is he?' Professor asked.

'Ah, Myungsoo? He is a new guy here. '

'He seems...different.' Professor said.

'Ha. I don't even know what's wrong with him.' I rolled my eyes.  Who the hell faints on their first day of work.

'I'll see you again. Get well soon professor. ' I baided him goodbye as I held onto the USB.

 

 

 

 


HyunJi stepped out of the ward,only to see Myungsoo standing outside. 
'How...how is he?' Myungsoo asked.

'He's fine. Weirdo,follow me.' HyunJi laughed before bringing him back into the workroom.

 

 

251115... tomorrow?

' Yah what are you mumbling again weirdo.' HyunJi broke his thoughts with her voice.

'Nothing...nothing.' Myungsoo stumbled.

'Look at the information inside. Then give me a brief report by tomorrow.' HyunJi said as she handed him the USB.

Myungsoo nodded as he grabbed the USB.
'You can probably view it in the computer room. Its down the corridor at the first level.' HyunJi said.

'Arraso.' Myungsoo replied as he closed his eyes.

 


 

Is it really the death code? I could not get that scene off my head.

It has been a really long time since I experienced such things. I've always avoided the hospital since young because knowing the death code is not always a pleasant experience.

I pushed the USB Hyunji handed me into the computer. A file popped up on the screen and I clicked on it.

What was inside the file was just a load of unimportant informations. Saying how forbiddens can be spotted, by their distinctive characteristic of having blue eyes, which is kind of true, since most forbiddens I know do have blue eyes.

But excuse me, there are so many blue eyed people in the world and how can you be sure all blue eyed are forbiddens. Well, I am a forbidden but I do not have blue eyes. I have brown eyes. That's my speciality I guess. (And partly that's the reason I was chosen on this mission.)

Next, it says that forbiddens have unknown deaths, which is also true. Well, we live a long time, and we don't really die. We only disappear.  Every 80 years, the forbiddens fake a death certificate to pretend we are dead but in reality we actually just go into hiding for a few decades before coming out again. (Of course, coming out with a different identity.)

I am actually quite amazed that the livings was able to get these findings. How many ancient books have they actually read.

I continued scrolling down the page before seeing a peculiar paragraph. 

 

Kim Jong Soon, forbidden. 
Deceased 2015. Age:unknown.

Findings shows that Kim Jong Soon is dead. He has been present in records that go many hundred years back. 
His body has been found few months ago and has been mysteriously filed as uncategorized death. 

 

Dead? I gasped. I've met Mr Kim Jong Soon some years back. How is it possible that he is dead? Forbiddens do not die! But since his body is found...doesn't that means he did not go into hiding and really died?

I could not register it. Dead?