Between

Spaces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yuyu’s POV

 

6:37 p.m.

 

It is already midway until the evening moon comes out but I am still in school, copying all the notes that I had jotted down in my leather book, busy enough to not notice the dark surrounding and the presence of someone besides me.

Sighing, the person decided to pat me on the shoulder.

 

“Yah, Ahn Yuyu!” She called loudly, patting (or maybe, slapping?) my shoulders, enough to make me snap out and lifted my head at her, startled.

 

“Huh? Oh, hi Sae Jin. Why are you still at school?” I ask her, giving her my innocent smile.

Sae Jin, hearing my question, sighs before flick her finger at my forehead, making me yelp in pain. She, who was my school’s prefect and fortunately living just besides our school, put her hands on her hip, expression scrunched.

“Yah!” She started. “That was supposed to be my question, you know?” She then gives me her famous glare. But a few seconds later, she let out a sigh and crossed her arms in defeat.

“Ahn Yuyu. Why the hell are you still in school? Don’t you know it’s already dark? And for someone who lived far away like you, you had the least security on the way to your home, okay? I know you are one of our school’s top students, but leaving the school when it is already late just because you need to study ... Don’t you know the consequences, young lady? The consequences for being in danger are high! The rate of crime is increasing. Don’t you read the news? And, and ... You do know we still need you, right? Your parents need you, right?”

Although I was getting nagged at, but I just can’t stop myself from smiling and nod understandingly. Because, I know my best friend, Song Sae Jin; the wicked prefect, didn’t mean to be mad at me just for being late. It is just because she really cared about me and my safety. And I appreciate it, truly.

After a while when she’s done, Sae Jin stop and huffed heavily, finally finished her giving ‘speech’ about Low Economic Security (L.E.S) at me, Ahn Yuyu.

Chuckling, I said while hands busy gathering all of my things.

“You know Sae Jin ...” I continued. “You really have a high chance on getting elected for the highest position in the police squad, you know that?”I , still smiling wide. And just by hearing that sentence, Sae Jin finally broke off her sour expression into an ear to ear smiley face, happy to know she maybe got a chance to be in her dream ambition; police squad.

I laughed, getting ready to walk out the class.

“Stop dreaming, Sae Jin. You are starting to drool!”

And after we finally arrive at the school gate and bid each other good bye, I took a step turn towards the left and hurriedly walk into the direction of K High School, watching my wrist watch to know the current time.

And, well, I know you must be suddenly thinking like;

“Omaiigosh, isn’t K High School is Sehun’s school?”

Or maybe,

“Don’t tell me she wanted to stalk him or meet him?! Oh my gawd, it is so sweet!”

Well, sadly, no.

Then, after checking the time, I continued my walk to the nearest short cut near Sehun’s school towards the train station which is behind a wide field, tucking my lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter