First

Half a mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seunghyun finds himself hit in the face with his own hidden feelings. Hard, and ruthless. He wishes he could explain, if not to the others, then at least to himself. But even that doesn’t work out. Nothing ever does.

 


He supposes he could even call his current expression one of displeasure, borderline exasperation, as he allows his eyes to stray only momentarily to the man way at the far end of the dinner table. Seunghyun has received multiple nudges to his side by his friend, but he’s never bothered paying attention to them. They’re nothing but an annoyance, a disturbance to his troubled mind.

 


There are several reasons for Seunghyun’s current state of being, yet he can’t quite put his finger on all of them. In case anyone would ask him, he’d instantly reply it’s merely because Daesung has messed up his mood early in the morning, and that that is the exact—and only—reason for his lack of enthusiasm at this precise moment. However, if Jiyong had heard that lame attempt of an excuse, he would’ve heard a faint, but obvious, mocking scoff at his side, which would have only annoyed him that much more.

 


If you ask Jiyong instead of Seunghyun, you’ll receive a whole lot bigger an explanation, and you better have the rest of your night saved up to listen to him digress.

 


He would, for example, start by telling you Seunghyun is a severely stuck-up man, too stubborn for his own good, and way too air-headed to let reality settle in. Then before you’d fully realise, Seungri has joined the conversation and the mood is perfect to kick it up a notch.

 


The waiter comes by for another round of champagne, and it’s time to indulge in Seunghyun’s unwilling, but also very willing past.

 


Jiyong smiles while not so secretly pointing his index finger at the man in question, the reason for Seunghyun’s foul mood, the singer well-known as Kang Daesung. “You see him?” He asks, though he very well knows you do.

 


It’s not like it’s that hard to spot him, dressed in a dark suit, sporting dark hair, but not matching the darkness of his outfit with his extremely bright smile. At that point, Seunghyun looks at him, too. You can just see how it’s like everyone else in the room disappears and it’s like he’s being pulled to the younger. An attraction he’s too desperately trying to ignore.

 


“And see this petty excuse for a man?” Jiyong then asks, flicking his head at Seunghyun. He’s laughing at him, clearly enjoying the elder’s miserable state.

 


Even Seungri chuckles, but Seunghyun fails to even notice, his attention still completely drawn to Daesung.

 


“As twisted a fate it is, Daesung actually asked this,” again he nods in Seunghyun’s direction, “to formally start dating.”

 


Seunghyun cringes, not so much because Daesung wanted to make things official between them, but rather because of his own stupid answer.

 


Seungri turns away from the conversation to hide his scoff. Even so, everyone knows that’s exactly what he’s doing. He thinks Seunghyun is an idiot for not agreeing, and even more so for not proposing it himself sooner in the first place.

 


Even though Seunghyun has been trying to get the past out of his head even if it’s only for tonight, he can’t help but think about the first time they kissed.

 


They had known each other for a little over four months, Seunghyun being the senior in college, Daesung a freshman. According to tradition of the university, every freshman received the name of one senior taking up the responsibility of guiding them around campus. Daesung had pulled his name, and Seunghyun, although reluctant at first, all too happily showed him where his own dorm room was once he laid eyes on the—then—boy. He admits his initial intentions had been a little impure, but then they unexpectedly clicked in a way Seunghyun had never clicked with anyone before, and they ended up playing video games till the early hours. They soon met up again for lunches, casual hangouts, dinners, and before he realised; dates.

 


Seunghyun had never been a fan of dating, let alone that he had ever been willing to call one of his conquests ever again for a second time. But Daesung, for some reason, had been different. He didn’t know if it was because he’d known the boy before he ever laid a finger on him, or if it was because maybe Daesung was special in a way he didn’t want to admit just yet. Either way, their first kiss was during a night like any other, after a dinner like any other, but the kiss, however, was like one he never even imagined poss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter