Chapter | 04

Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     

fearless.

Current Music :  Dare Yori - AiM

 

※ ※ ※

 

The final exams have finally ended for real and Donghae and Hyukjae has finally got the holiday they long so much. It’s the last for them in primary school years because less than 2 months from now both of them along with their other friends as well will officially become students of junior-high school which is just cool and exciting of course but what’s more cooler is the fact that they’ll not have to worry about being all alone (for Donghae) and getting to used with unfamiliar surrounding (for Hyukjae) since their school is one of those schools that has its own junior and high-school facility built in the same location of one huge complex of buildings. Means mostly all of their close friends will continue to the same school and they will not get separated even though they already graduated from primary school.

 

Summer break has already started now and Donghae gets to spend it with none other than his one and only super best friend in the world; Lee Hyukjae. Two years has passed and both of them have grown inseparable and much much closer than ever. They practically attach on the hips much to everyone amusement. When there is Hyukjae, there must be Donghae too, because the brunet could only completely relax and be his cheery self when there is the golden haired boy with him.

The same thing applies to Hyukjae. When you wanted to find him, first thing is try to locate the brunet because when there is Donghae, Hyukjae couldn’t be far from the place since he acts much like the younger personal guardian. The boy is overly protective of his younger friend and could be worse than a mother hen when it comes to Donghae’s safety and well-being, everyone knows that.

Donghae currently is in Hyukjae’s house, in his spacious and modern living room playing PS4 with the older boy while Aunt Chae—Hyukjae’s mom, a very beautiful and stylish middle aged woman who’s better known as CL; the famous fashion designer slash trend and style expert among high-class celebrities, half Korean and a really really busy woman—lounging in the sofa reading fashion magazine.

Chaerin is really kind despite looking quite intimidating and cold from the outside. She is a super cool mom who has youth spirit and likes to bully his one and only son with playful words and mean acts. She’s also strangely very fond of Donghae since the very first time Hyukjae introduced them. Saying the brunet was the cutest and adorable thing she ever met and shamelessly asking if he wanted to be her second child so he didn’t have to leave their house ever again even if it was only their very first meeting with each other.

It’s amusing to see Hyukjae’s evil mom all squealing and cooing at Donghae if only the older boy didn’t get all tensed seeing his best friend keep getting squeezed real tight in his mom embrace every time they met that Hyukjae worried if the brunet able to breathing just fine at the moment. Hyukjae keep telling his mom to behave and stop treating Donghae as human plushie but his mother just childishly boo-ed at him.

 

“one punch Hae, and your Lily will get knock out for real.” Hyukjae says, nudging teasingly at the brunet sitting beside him.

“No. No. No. Don’t you dare Lee Hyukjae!” Donghae chants with panic as he frantically press on the joystick tightly gripped by his ,uch smaller hands, trying to avoid Hyukjae’s fighter by making his own jumping around like a mad monkey and rolled backwards like crazy.

“aww poor little Lily, but my awesome Gin getting bored there.” Hyukjae smirks, “and Bam! Goodbye Lily~~” Hyukjae punches the button on his joystick and chuckles smugly watching the girl in white dress flying backwards with a big bold K.O written on the flat screen as Donghae screeches beside him.

“Hyukkie!! I hate you urgh! Stupid monkey! Stupid stupid bad monkey!” Donghae wails, getting one of the sofa pillow and repeatedly hitting his best friend square on the face. Hyukjae laugh is only getting harder though as he merely lies down on the velvet carpet not even trying to get away from the attack at all. Holding his aching stomach while still laughing oh so loudly he tries to take the brunet wrists in him, “I told you to use stronger character but you insisted on using her! It’s not my fault yours got beaten again— Ouch!”

“But she is cute!” Donghae whines and pouts.

“she is not!”

“yes, she is!!”

“no she is not!” Hyukjae finally successfully grips his hands. He puts on his infamous evil smirk as he rolls their position so Donghae traps below him. “I think you are way cuter than her.”

Donghae shrieks and madly trying to wiggle his hand at Hyukjae’s words, “I AM NOT!”

“Yes. You are!” Hyukjae laughs at the brunet angry face. “It’s a compliment.”

“I’m not a girl I can’t be cute!” Donghae shoots him his best glare. “Take it back!!” he whines cutely, but Hyukjae merely snorts amusedly at him and continues to chuckles. “Lying is bad, Hae. I’m just being honest.” Hyukjae says, still pinning his best friend smaller body below him and laughing at the brunet incoherent whines and fail attempts to break free.

Chaerin who has been engrossed in her magazine finally give up on reading and take a look at whatever her son and his best friend doing. She rolls her eyes fondly when she finds them all tangled while playfully wrestling with each other on the carpet floor. “Alright, break it up boys.” She says before sending a playful glare at his son, “Jae, enough. Baby Hae is exhaust already.”

Hyukjae listens at his mom words and finally let loose of the panting brunet, he scoots aside and helps the other to sit up, casually pats his brunet locks like he’s a kitty. In which Donghae replies with a glare and yet it can’t do much since his cheeks is reddened and his lips forms a cute adorable pouts without his consent.

“Don’t you two have something better to do than playing games all day?” Chaerin asks, witnessing with chest filled with warm and fluttering feelings of how adorable these two boys together are. Chaerin has a bugging feeling that keep growing more and more each day about how these two relationships will progress further in the future as she watches them together. As a mother she finds herself not opposing the idea at all. And that is so not surprising in any ways. Chaerin has always been different than any local, normal, boring mother. She’s simply fabulous like that.

“Nope.” Hyukjae shrugs.

“hmm,” Chaerin taps her chin, “how about you two following me to my work place now?” she asks.

“What work place?”

“Beach.” She says, wiggling her perfectly shaped eyebrows at the two boys. “I have some supervising task to do with one of the summer photo shoot projects there. Would you guys like to come and watch?”

Donghae is the first person that gives reaction such as jumps in glee and lunches at her. Eyes glitter in excitement and an adorable crooked smile adorning his face. “Really, Auntie Chae?”

“Of course, honey.” She softly smiles at the cute boy, and turns her head to look at her son. “Jae?”

Hyukjae casually shrugs at them and nods, “Okay with me.”

The golden haired boy soon tackles to the ground by the giddy brunet and happy chuckles could be heard from them as Chaerin decides she should start getting ready and maybe pack some snacks and drinks just in case these boys of her tiring themselves in the beach until they starve which the woman bet they most likely will.

 

※ ※ ※

 

“we’re here~” Auntie Chae says as she buckles her seat belt loose and open the car’s door on her side and steps out.

Donghae widens his eyes, his mouth gapes open in awe as the first thing he notices as soon as he steps out from the car is the sparkling view of the blue sea and shiny glitters of white sand under his feet. He tugs on Hyukjae’s sleeve and jumps a bit with excitement making the older burst in laugh beside him.

“Can we swim Hyukkie? Can we? Can we?? Pleaseee??” Donghae runs few steps forward before turns his body and flashes his puppy eyes at Hyukjae and pleads.

“Yeah, mom says we can.” Hyukjae answers, walking towards the brunet and intertwines their hands together, “But we need to stay close with each other.” Hyukjae reminds the brunet in which responds by a loud cheers and an Ok, Sure! from the hyped younger as he thugs him forward leaving Auntie Chae shouting behind them to wait for her.

 

Auntie Chae leads them to a location of where the photo shoot will be taken in which Donghae finds has already fills with people which according to what Auntie Chae has explained are the CF Crews. All of them look occupied with their own tasks, few men keep shouting what sounds like directions as well as instructions here and there to the other, another few men seem busy setting what looks like flashlights and cameras, while some other look like they are in the middle of discussion with sets up monitors and clipped papers on top of the folded tables near them. Auntie Chae brings them to one of the big vans parking there and told them that if they need anything such as drinks or snacks they should find it in the picnic bag she put in the van and that if they need anything from her, she’ll be either inside the van or near the shooting location. She also hands them small folded bag contains their swim trunks and a tub of sun blocks to use before told them they can play at the other unoccupied side of the beach.

“Remember to always be careful while you guys swim, don’t cross the safety borders and Jae, I expect you take care of Hae, okay.”

“Of course I will, mom.” Hyukjae says.

“And Hae baby, don’t hesitate to tell me if this silly boy of mine annoy you, okay?”

Donghae giggles at the same time as Hyukjae scoffs at his mom, “okay Auntie!!” he says and thugs on Hyukjae’s hand and soon they leave the adult and run to the seashore.

“Don’t forget to use the sun-block!” Chaerin shouts and waves at their running backs at the last.

 

Hyukjae is in the middle of applying sun-block lotion to Donghae’s arm when the brunet notices something.

“Where are the other visitors Hyuk? I don’t see anyone beside us.”

Hyukjae squeezes some more of the lotion on his palm and swap it on the younger’s neck as he replies, “that’s is because this is a private beach Hae, so not everyone can trespass.” He taps Donghae’s cheeks hard until the brunet yelps in slight pain and then laughs, “there, finish already. Let’s swim!”

Donghae beams and push Hyukjae till the later falls off the sand and giggles as he runs to the water, “the last one will get bite by a shark!!”

“Yah! Waittt!!”

 

Both him and Hyukjae have gone swimming and playing in the clear sea water for more than an hour and now they’re starving already thus they decide to go back to the van. When they arrived there though, the staff and crews looks like they’re panicking over something both of them clueless about. Donghae decides to ask Auntie Chae due to his curiosity when he spots her near the van.

“Auntie, what’s going on?” he tilts his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter