CHAPTER NINE : The Ride Home

HI! SCHOOL: FIRST LOVE
JOO AH'S POV
'Joo Ah, do you know that WooHyun's grandma had just passed away?' SeokHun ask me. Oh, that explains why WooHyun and SeulBi did not come to school today. 'And I have also heard from Gi Su that there are not enough people to help out as there are no adults.' He continued. Hmm, then I will go. Are you going? I asked him. 'Nope, I have to study for the exams. I have to go now, my chauffeur is here. Bye.' He said as he scoot off to the distance. Aish, this heartless guy, can't he even spent a day to help out? He is not the only one taking the exams. Rich people are all the same, so full of themselves... 
I got the address from Gi Su and make my way to the place after school.
 
TAE HO'S POV
'Tae Ho ah! Are you going to the funeral?' Byung Wook ask me. But Jae Suk will mind if we g.. 'You are thinking about him at this point? Just go! Be a man!' He said. I agreed with Byung Wook and went there in the evening. 'Why are you here? You're not allowed!' Gi Su agitatedly said as he saw both of us entering. 'My dad... He said that even if you don't go to birthday parties... You have to go to funerals to be a man.' I told him softly. 'It's good that you came. Go inside.' SeulBi told us. I nudge Byung Wook, 'Don't push me.' We went in and pay our respects to WooHyun's grandma. We went to the table to have some food before going home. Oh, Kim Joo Ah is here. Annyeong vice-president! 'Shhh, keep your volume down. We are still in the mourning hall.' She told me and walk off after serving us some water and food. 'Hey bro, got a little to excited to see your girl eh?' Wook teases me. 'I have got one idea to let you two to be more closer. Come here.' 
 
JOO AH'S POV
Wow, it's a long day today. My body is all aching. 'Joo Ah, thanks for coming by to help, WooHyun and I really appreciate it.' SeulBi said as I was about to go off. It's nothing, this is all that I can do for you. Send my condolence once again. I bow and make my way out. Woah, it's already 11.30?! Should I take a cab home or transfer a few buses? I think buses should be better, it's more cheaper. Bus it is. As I walked out, I saw Yang Tae Ho with Park Byung Wook. I decided not to mind them and lower my head as I walk. As I was praying that Yang Tae Ho will not notice me, 'Yah! Kim Joo Ah!' Aish, again?! He went up to me, 'Vice-president, it is really late. Do you want a ride home? My chauffeur is coming anytime soon.' He kindly offered me. Park Byung Wook came up too. 'Tae Ho ah, I think I am not taking your car, it's not on the way. I will take a cab myself, I just booked it just now. Oh! Vice-president! You can send her home instead since it's quite on the way.' 'Oh yes, please vice-president don't reject me anymore?' Tae Ho pleaded me. Seeing all those people going home by car or cabs, the route to the bus stop is quite far and remote. And it is already so late. Em okay, just this once. I told him. 'Yes!' He pumped his fist in the air. Does he have to be so happy? His car came a few minutes later and being a rare 'gentleman', he open the car door for me. I think he always got girls with this trick. 'Young Master, to where? Oh, who is this girl? Does your parents know that you are dating? It's the first time that you send a girl home. You are finally entering a stable relationship? Who's rich daughter is she from?' Yang Tae Ho's driver showered him with questions once he entered the car. Hearing that, I quickly cleared the misunderstanding with the driver that I am just his classmate and nothing else. 'But it's really the first time he send a girl home. Our Young Master has always not able to be in a stable relationship. The longest girlfriend he had was three months. But he did not even call me to send her home before he goes home.' He continued. 'Yah, AJUSSHI! Why are you telling her all this! She will misunderstand! Just drive!' Tae Ho told him with a flustered look. 'Okay okay, I'll stop.' The Ajjushi said. He turn back again, 'To where, Miss?' I politely told Ajjushi my address and the awkward ride started... 
 
TAE HO'S POV
Oh, . What should I say? I don't know how to start a conversation with her? What's wrong with me? It has always been easy to start a conversation with a girl all this while but why not in front of Kim Joo Ah? Aish, that Byung Wook is really getting me into deep this time. Em, Joo Ah? Can I call you Joo Ah?' I asked her carefully in order not to mention wrong things. 'Why not? I have a name and a name is suppose to be called right?' She replied. Hearing that, I laugh at my stupidness. The silence came again and the whole journey was so quiet that we can even hear the cars outside. 'Miss, we have arrived.' Jang Suk Ajjushi said. 'Gomaseumnida Ajjushi. Yang Tae Ho, thanks for the ride. This money is for you, I don't own you anything now.' Joo Ah took some money from her pocket and gave it to me. But before I can refuse it, she already left the car. Without turning back. I sank back to my seat and sigh. 'Tae Ho ah, I can see that you really like this girl. The way home is at the opposite side, but I guess you told her that it's on the way.' Jang Suk Ajjushi ask. Yeah, she is the first and the last girl that really capture my heart. I told him. 'But judging from where she live, isn't she from a wealthy family? Your parents wanted you to have connections with the rich girls in your school, aren't you afraid that they will oppose to you liking this girl?' He said with a worried look. I will settle it with my parents later on, after my exams. Ajjushi, can you please help me keep it a secret first? 'Arrasso Tae Ho ah, you can trust me.' Jang Suk Ajjushi reassured me.
 
JOO AH'S POV
That Yang Tae Ho. Which is really his true self? He can be a jerk but changes into a good chap the next second. I just hope that he can maintain his good side and stop following Jae Suk around, bullying people. But why am I thinking about him? I must be mad. But he look really silly and naive just now as he was asking to call me by my name. Totally a different jerk that I know in school. Yah Kim Joo Ah! Just stop thinking of him! I hit my head and speed up my way back home.
(THE NEXT DAY)
'Hey. Where's SungYeol? Why isn't he here?' Na Yeong Eun ask Gi Su as she kicked his table. 'Ask him yourself.' Bothered by her attitude, he restlessly answered her. 'What? How dare you... Did you wake up from the wrong side of the bed?' 'If I feel this much pain... How hard would it be for WooHyun? 'Lee Yena mumbled to herself. 'Aren't you even worried?' Overhearing Yena, she spitted at her. 'Just worry about yourself. You're the most annoying here.' Not being able to concentrate on my revision, I told Yeong Eun to learn to keep her voice down. Bewildered by my sudden warning, she explodes. 'Are you all sick in the head or something?'
 
The boys are playing with their phones without noticing Mr Yoo coming in. 'Okay! Got you!' He confiscates Tae Ho's phone. 'Sir, that's a new one. Please take this instead.' The ever stupid Yang Tae Ho pass to Teacher Yoo his spare phone. 'Thank you. Everyone, freeze!' 'It's not time for Physical Ed.' Tae Ho said. 'As of today, I am your substitute homeroom teacher.' Mr Yoo exclaim. 'Oh, my god! No way!' The class groans in frustration. 'Great response. 'What about Mr. Kim?' Kim Joo Ah ask with concern. 'That's what I'd like to ask too. How much did you upset Mr. Kim, for him to... Hey, who's not here? Shin WooHyun and who else?' 'Lee SeulBi and Hwang SungYeol. Lee SeulBi notified of her absence but no one can get in contact with SungYeol.' The class president reports. 'So all three are absent today? As of this point, absence without notice, early leave without notice, being disobedient, sleeping, chatter... All of these are forbidden! Also no dating in class!' Hearing that, the class sighs. 'Sighing is forbidden too.'
 
TAE HO'S POV
Why does he make us run his errands? I sigh while choosing the bread that Jae Suk ordered us to buy. 'Do you think he knows?' Byung Wook ask. As if. I do feel bad for WooHyun. I cried heaps when my grandma passed away. But he didn't cry. I was quite shocked that WooHyun is actually strong upfront. Someone slap my shoulder from behind which I expect it is Jae Suk. 'Why didn't you cry for him then?' 'We were just there to check on CheonSik. In case he reveale the truth.' Byung Wook tried to change the subject. Yeah. We made sure he didn't say anything. I assured Jae Suk. 'Well done.' He said as he grab the bread that I am holding to pay. As he was paying, CheonSik came in. After paying, Jae Suk went up to CheonSik and ask. 'Did WooHyun cry or not?' CheonSik looked at us. We gesture to him not to blurt everything out but Jae Suk seems to understand the situation as he look back at us. CheonSik didn't say anything but Jae Suk grab him by the neck and told us to bring him to the back of the school. Jae Suk start beating him. He then look at both of us who are just standing beside him, unwilling to help. 'You do it.' He said to Byung Wook. 'Huh? Okay...' As Byung Wook grab CheonSik's collar, he suddenly speaks up. 'I'm going to tell them everything. That SeulBi wasn't the thief.' 'You must be feeling bored.' I told him. 'I guess he is.' 'I'm the one who's bored.' Jae Suk interrupted us and headlock Byung Wook, slapping my face with his right free hand. 'I'll look forward to it.' Jae Suk said as he leaves the scene. The anger that we have been bottling up just now, we explode it at CheonSik.
 
JOO AH'S POV
Right before my night shift, I think I should visit SeulBi and WooHyun. 'Hey, class vice-president...' I pass the hotdogs that boss gave me to Gi Su. 'The boss gave me too much.' 'Wow, you're a great vice-president. Don't forget that I selected you. Thank you for coming . Take care then.' He said before he went of for delivery. Reading is the best thing for a complicated mind. I told SeulBi. 'Thanks. For the corndog and the book.' Don't eat while you read. And don't fall asleep either. And don't make any dog ears. I reminded her. 'Okay.' I'm late for work! I'll see you later.