Chapter 3: Meeting?

Hexed

Saeron opened her eyes, shielding herself from the rays of sunlight. Rising from bed, she looked around the infirmary.

Oh.. Saeron checked her left arm, it was covered with bandages. But it still hurt a tiny bit, marking yesterday's accident, and Saeron frowned upon remembering it.

"Kim Saeron."

Saeron sat up from her seating position and found Madam Pomfrey, standing in front of her carrying stacks of white sheets. Madam Pomfrey went near her and shifted the blankets to her right to check Saeron's head with her left hand.

"Are you feeling well, dear?"

Saeron nodded, "Mhm! Thank you very much Madam--"

"Oh no dear, thank Nam Woohyun. If it wasn't for him then your infection would've reached your brains." She chuckled. Saeron parted , a bit flustered that the Slytherin bothered to help her. 

"And anyways, you may now go. You're just in time for breakfast," Madam Pomfrey placed a cold hand on Saeron's shoulder, "And if you're ever feeling unwell don't hesitate to visit the infirmary."

Saeron smiled and nodded, thanking the matron once again before leaving the infirmary. Going through the halls, Saeron skipped her way to the Great Hall. Upon pushing the heavy doors, she was greeted by the clinking of plates and chatters of students.

tumblr_ne470xqnaJ1snjud4o1_500.gif

She marched through the halls and sat beside the Ravenclaw's House table. The students didn't hesitate to greet her with smiles, most with pity.

 

"Hey, Spectrespecs girl's gotten out of the infirmary."

Woohyun, Hoya, Sunggyu, and Sungyeol turned their heads to the direction where Sungjong was staring at, and there was Saeron--eating buttered bread and porridge with her fellow Ravenclaws--her back facing them. Sungyeol noticed the white bandages that covered her left arm, and he continued eating his porridge.

 

"Sungyeol-ah." Sungjong said, making Sungyeol face him. "Let's go?"

Sungyeol nodded and they both set off to Potions class. Just as they sat down, Horace Slughorn (Hogwarts Potions teacher, of course!) waddled through the class and settled near the teacher's desk. Facing the class, he smiled through his mustache as everyone silenced themselves.

Slughorn cleared his throat, "Since Kim Saeron's accident, we will be having Double Potions today." Everyone in class scowled, except for Ravenclaws and a couple of other students. "Some of you won't be taking Care of Magical Creatures today, and Hagrid is temporarily punished for the happening."

"And speaking of Saeron's accident, we will be making antidotes for poisoning. Make the best, and in return--you will win this lil' fella."

Although Saeron wasn't really poisoned, it was obvious that Slughorn wasn't informed about everything. Taking out a small bottle from his pockets, there it contained a purple liquid. 

"This.. is Amor--" a student raised her hand, cutting Slughorn off. Slightly amused, Slughorn called her, "Alright, Harris."

"Amortentia, the most powerful Love Potion in existence. It causes a powerful infatuation or obsession from the drinker." Cristin Harris said proudly, making Slytherins' roll their eyes. "10 points to Ravenclaw! Well done." Slughorn said with disinterest as Harris took her seat, oblivious to the sniggering of the class.

"Amortentia doesn't create actual love, of course. That's impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. For that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room. Powerful infatuations can be induced by the skillful potioneer, but never yet has anyone managed to create the truly unbreakable, eternal, unconditional attachment that alone can be called Love." Sungyeol shifted his seat. And Slughorn placed the potion back in his pockets.

"It has a distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from it in characteristic spirals.
It has a different aroma for everyone who smells it, reminding each person of the things that they find most attractive, even if the person doesn't acknowledge or is unaware of their fondness for the object of their affection themselves"

"Now, may the best win. Good luck" he said as the students hurriedly took their requirements, obviously wanting to have Amortentia in their hands. Sungyeol, being the lazy that he was--just took out a bezoar and simply sat down. His friend, Sungjong, looked at him with disbelief and just shook his head. After half-an hour, funny smells start to emerge from the students' cauldrons. 

"Time's up! Drop your materials." Slughorn said, walking around the classroom, observing each students' cauldron. He didn't bother to check others' creation, as the smell had warned him already. He had a disapproving look, and gave a few nods at Harris and Thompson as a pass. As soon as he reached the Slytherin's table, he stopped at Sungyeol's direction.

"Now where is yours, Sungyeol ma' boy?" He boomed.

Sungyeol opened his palm to reveal a stone, and silent laughs can be heard. Slughorn stared at it for full ten seconds, and Sungyeol was starting to think that Slughorn would explode any moment.

Slughorn threw his head back and roared with laughter, everyone was silenced. And Sungyeol raised his brows, a bit annoyed and confused. "Now this," Slughorn took the bezoar from his hand and raised it, "..is a winner!"

Everyone started whispering to each other, and Slughorn continued. "Lee Sungyeol, as expected of you. Here, Amortentia is now yours."

Slughorn gave the bottle to Sungyeol, everyone dropped their jaws. "A bezoar.. is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons..."

Sungyeol smirked, completely amused that out of everyone that made an effort--except for him--to brew an antidote, he.. Lee Sungyeol, got the strongest love potion in his hands. Placing potion in his hands victoriously, he chuckled. The two best friends fistbumped and grinned.

 

"You owned it!" Sungjong exclaimed, guffawing with Sungyeol as they walked through the hallways. "Cunningham looked as if he got a stick up his ."

"What's the news, Sungjong-ah?" Hoya asked suspiciously, nudging the two. "Sungyeol's been rewarded by Slughorn," Sungjong grinned. "Just luck," Sungyeol smugged, taking out the potion. His friends shuffled near him and formed their mouths into "o"'s, "Amortentia!"

"Dude, who's the lucky girl then?"

Sungyeol shrugged, popping the cork bottle open--smelling a mix of old parchment, dust, and a flowery scent. "Never wanted it, didn't know the bezoar would work it."

"Can I have it then?--"

"No." Sungyeol placed the cork back and pushed the bottle in his pocket, making Dongwoo whine. "Woohyun-ah, what's that?"

Everyone turned to look at Woohyun, with a box in his hands. Woohyun opened the package with fumbling fingers, revealing a box that bore the words "Weasley's Wizard Wheezes Screaming Yo-yo."

 500px-Screaming_yo_yo.jpg 

He found a scented piece of parchment attached and took it out:

Thank you.

"Hm," Woohyun shrugged, "Not bad."

 

"10 points to Ravenclaw!" Professor Flitwick squeaked as Saeron took her seat after successfully countercharming an attack. She was the first and only to succeed, as everyone still struggled to cast a countercharm.

After class, Saeron hugged her books walking straight to the library. She sat down and recorded her previous dream on the dream diary that Professor Trelawney had told them to keep, writing down her dreams about two identical butterflies fluttering around a stormy sky. She hiccuped, and closed her journal. Wearing her Spectrespecs once again, she stood up and set off the library. Walking straight through the hallways, she stopped as she saw something she never thought she would've seen: Wrackspurt.

Sungyeol descended the steps, heading to the hallway and walking through it silently. It looked as if he was thinking deeply, though he wasn't. He was just staring at the view beside him, admiring every detail.

Saeron strided through the hallways--almost running--just to reach the specie. Her pace started getting faster and faster--until she bumped into the student.

Sungyeol noticed a familiar smell that came from Potions class, as Saeron dropped on the ground and hiccuped. Sungyeol widened his eyes calmly, rather surprised. The Ravenclaw raised her head to meet her eyes with the Slytherin, she hiccuped again. She sat up and looked around sharply, and Sungyeol noticed the disappointment in her eyes. Saeron had lost the Wrackspurt. She stood up and grabbed her stuff, and Sungyeol watched her walk away.


Sooo...that was not really a proper meeting. But they finally noticed each other :D Let's see how their destiny goes~ Oh, and as you can see, I copied the scene from The Half-Blood Prince where Harry just got a bezoar and magic happened :P