Chapter 2: Surviving Another Day

Hexed

"Agh--" Sungyeol flinched as he halted, making his friends stop on their tracks.

"Aye, sumthing wrong?" Sungjong asked, looking at him amused but concerned. Sungyeol shook his head, walking ahead of them. "It's nothing, go ahead. See you later!" Sungyeol excused himself and ran away before any of his friends could react.

"Yah! Sungyeol-ah!" Sungjong shouted, sighing after Sungyeol turned a corner and disappeared.

"Has he gone mad?" one of them said, Sungjong shrugged.

 

Grabbing both sides of the sink, Sungyeol stared at his own reflection in the bathroom mirror. He gripped on the sink tightly, groaning. He's been feeling weird these days, and he's starting to notice it. Shaking off the feeling, Sungyeol twist the faucet open and washed his face. Wiping his face, he went out annoyed. But halfway, he dropped onto his knees.

"Argh!" he groaned. Sungyeol grabbed his left arm, clutching it tight as it burned inside. He took a chance to look at his arm, and weirdly it was not producing any marks. He stood up chalantly and supported himself by holding his hands against the walls, walking deadly. As he went out of the boys bathroom, he rested his right shoulder on the wall with a pained expression. His vision's starting to get blurry, and he blinked a few times before spotting a dark figure. At first he thought he saw a woman, but then it was actually his friend.

"Sungyeo-- bloody hell!"

Sungyeol dropped on the ground as Sunggyu ran to him, helping him stand up. "What happened?--"

Sungyeol waved his head lazily and breathed heavily, too lazy to reply. Sunggyu looked at him worriedly and guided him to the infirmary.

 

Sunggyu pushed the doors open, and Sungyeol glanced at Woohyun with a familiar Ravenclaw. They both went near a bed and sat down, Sungyeol hissed at Sunggyu.

"I said I'm fine already--agh."

Sunggyu looked at him, unamused. 

"What is wrong now, Lee Sungyeol?"

Everyone in the infirmary--except for Saeron--turned their heads to Madam Pomfrey's direction. 

"Sunggyu's just crazy--" Sungyeol stood up weakly but Sunggyu pushed him back. "Sungyeol's been feeling unconscious these days."

Sungyeol looked at him in disbelief, Sunggyu didn't react and kept a straight face. "We're not that stupid, Sungyeol. You've been acting weird a few days ago, and all of us are aware of that. Now, stay here or I'll kick your ."

Madam Pomfrey cleared and continued aiding the Ravenclaw, chanting different healing charms. After adding a numbing spell, she applied a funny-smelling medicine on the girl's arm.

"Agh!"

"Agh!"

Both Saeron and Sungyeol groaned at the same time, making Madam Pomfrey, Woohyun and Sunggyu give the two weird glances. After healing Saeron, Madam Pomfrey stood up and walked to Sungyeol & Sunggyu's direction.

"Nam Woohyun, thank you for helping Saeron. Rather surprising of you," Woohyun snorted & Pomfrey continued, "Now you may return to your class, I informed the teachers about you and Saeron's matters."

He stood up and looked at his fellow Slytherins, the three gave each other nods and Woohyun rushed outside the infirmary to continue the Potions class he missed.

 

"He won't tell me why he's feeling sick--"
"I told you, I'm not sick," Sungyeol grumbled, cutting Sunggyu off. "And I don't know why I'm having all these stupid--"

"Profanities are not allowed in the infirmary, Lee Sungyeol."

"Profanities.." Sungyeol muttered mockingly.

Madam Pomfrey took out a pain reliever and handed it to the Slytherin, "Don't stress yourself too much, or maybe you just have to stop messing around with other students."

The Slytherins rolled their eyes and Madam Pomfrey gave a glass of water to Sungyeol. He accepted it lazily and swallowed the medicine, swigging the glass of water and wiping his mouth with his arm. He gave the glass back to Madam Pomfrey and laid his back on the pillow, looking utterly pissed that he had to stay in the infirmary for an hour. Madam Pomfrey wouldn't leave her patients until they are healed.

Sunggyu had left a few minutes ago, and Sungyeol was staring at the white ceiling. Madam Pomfrey would check on the two from time to time, and Sungyeol would sigh as he listens to the ticking of Madam Pomfrey's watch.

He hung his head low--rather heavily, giving a glance at the Ravenclaw. She was sleeping, but was wearing an uncomfortable expression on her small face.

He faced back at the ceiling and waited, and waited--until it reached an hour.

 

Sungyeol left the infirmary after being given permission by Madam Pomfrey. He jogged to the Great Hall and sat down beside Sungjong, his friends all having worried expressions.

"It's best if you all shut up," Sungyeol smirked, half-exasperated. "Bon apetit."

They all continued eating dinner without bothering Sungyeol, they respected him too much. And they understood that Sungyeol was not feeling well. After dinner, they went to the boys dorm to sleep the night away.

Sungyeol spent his night at the Slytherin's Common Room, sleeplessly staring at the fire crackling in the fireplace.

Next morning..

Sungyeol rose from bed and grunted as the harsh rays of sunlight welcomed him. It suggested the Slytherin that his day is never gonna get better, and he stood up to change into his school attire trying not to expect too much. As Madam Pomfrey told him not to stress that much, though it was odd that he's starting to follow instructions from a staff. Heck, he never appreciated the pain he felt the past few days so he had to be obedient.

Walking out of the dorm, there he found his friends sitting in the Common Room. Hoya, the first one to notice Sungyeol's presence, grinned. Smirking, Sungyeol watched as his friends turn their heads and turn both corners of their mouths into a sly grin.

"Son of a , how you've been Sungyeol?" Dongwoo asked, amused. 
"Never been better," he chuckled. "Too bad you missed Potions, Cunningham showered herself with cat-sick." Sungjeong said, making Hoya choke on his snack bar.

They all sniggered, reminiscing the scene where their Potions teacher passed by a Gryffindor and the student started a fiasco--making the cauldron explode.

"Oi Woohyun, what happened to that Spectrespecs girl?"

Everyone stopped laughing and turned to Woohyun, who looked up at Sunggyu. "Hm? The Ravenclaw?," Woohyun shrugged, "Hagrid let her demonstrate on taming the Spitler, forgot to pay attention to the er."

The boys frowned, Hoya smugged. "Luckily, her knight in shining armor came to rescue her," Woohyun scowled as everyone snickered. Sungyeol chuckled and left the common room, the five Slytherins catching up to him.

After breakfast, they went to their perspective classes and did their job.


Okay, that was utterly lame *cries while eating tacos* this is obviously (I think) a filler chapter. Horribly short, I'm very sorry. Sort of an introduction--

The action starts in 3.. 2.. 1..