Chapter 1: The Search For Wrackspurt

Hexed

Wiping the beads off her forehead, Saeron took off her Spectrespecs. She was walking around the Ground Floor Corridor, resting a bit after deciding to stop looking for Wrackspurt. Two Hufflepuff girls could be heard, and Saeron saw them pass by and caught their obvious whispers.

"Isn't that the girl that looks for Wrackspurt?"

"Yeah, it's her. What a waste of time," they both looked at her with pity and disgust.

Saeron shrugged as the students both disappeared in the darkness and continued her search for Wrackspurt. I just had to, and I won't stop until I find it. Deciding to search the garden, she walked around the field reading the new issue of Quibbler; guiding her on how to find Wrackspurt.

quibbler__half_blood_prince__spanish_ver

It is stated that they can only be found in daylight, and it would be hard to search for them at night.

'That makes it even harder' Saeron thought. 'It's easy to see them at night, but they only go out at day'.

 

In order to find Wrackspurt, you must need Spectrespecs.  Wrackspurts go around in broad daylight, so it will be difficult to find them at night...

How bonkers. But still, she will never give up. And she has a reason for that, she has questions, she will keep it to herself and answer them herself. 

"Oi!"

Saeron turned around, finding a familiar Slytherin standing in front of her just a few meters away, with his friends behind him. She furrowed her brows and looked at him questioningly, tilting her head. He jumped a bit as he saw her with Spectrespecs on, of course he knew, but he still hasn't got used to seeing her like that. He cleared his throat and directed his nose to the sky, and his finger pointing to her foot. She looked down and saw a frisbee, on which she was stepping on. Saeron took a step back and furrowed her brows once again, as the boy pointed his wand at the disc and chanted, "Accio Frisbee!" 

The frisbee flew to his hands and he quickly grabbed it, and turned to look back at Saeron. He raised his brows and stared at her, not realizing what he was doing until--

"Woohyun-ah!"

The boy turned around quickly, seeing his friends about to leave and ran up to them. Saeron made a funny face and went back to her business, reading her issue of Quibbler and looking around the garden.

 

"Aigoo!"

Saeron sighed as she slumped on her seat. She was now at the library, wearing a dispassionate face. She checked her watch, her face suddenly brightening up. Saeron stood up and hugged the magazine, setting off to her next class.

Reaching outside Hagrid's newly made hut, Saeron marched through the fields and settled with familiar Ravenclaws. A few of them smiled at her politely, including the Quidditch Chaser and her friends. She looked around eagerly and joined the other students as they waited for Hagrid, checking her watch from time to time.

"Alrigh' lil' fellas! Sorreh, bin look'n fer summat ter drink meself," Hagrid came in with his loud, booming voice, making everyone switch their attentions to the giant. But what caught their attention more was the mysterious large cage carried effortlessly with his big hand, covered in old rag cloth.

"C'mon, this w'ay," Hagrid said, waddling deeper through the forest. The cage was rattling in his hands, and Saeron kept giving curious glances at the mysterious thing as they were walking through the forest. Everyone else were chatting away, something about Triwizard Tournaments and Saeron couldn't help but hear their conversation. 

"I heard that there was a former Beauxbaton student here, and that she's in our year--"

"Don't believe in such rumours, Maddy. McGonagall wouldn't allow that. And besides, if she did then.."

It wasn't that much interest to the Ravenclaw, and she stopped as everyone halted and Hagrid did so. They've reached the middle of the forest, and Hagrid dropped the cage (almost violently) heavily on the ground---making leaves fly around. 

Hagrid turned to everyone, waiting for the students to silence themselves before piping up. "I'm sure yer all've bin playin' with dangerous creatures l'ke Thestrals, an' today yeh're all gon' be playin' this time with summat more dangerous."

"Professor," a student raised his hand, and pointed at the mysterious cage. "What's inside that?"

It took Hagrid a while before he looked at the cage, and back to the student. "Ah yes, yer would like ter take a step further now--" everyone took a few steps backward and Hagrid pulled out the cloth.

A horrid-looking creature was throwing spitballs out of the cage, almost reaching Hagrid's belly. Everyone backed up more, as the creature started spitting madly in different directions.

"This lil' fella, is a Spitler. 's saliva is charmed, an' it is known ter catch Wrackspurt..."

Saeron's eyes lit up with interest and observed the creature, she felt that maybe this would help her.

"...but yer shoul' be careful. Spit's acidic, don' wanna burn yer hands, aye?," Hagrid chuckled. Taking out a cloth, he pointed his umbrella wand at the cloth and chanted, "Aguamenti." He placed it on the Spitler's back and it calmed down. "Now, who would wan' ter try ter tame this Spitler---Saeron?"

Everyone started whispering to each other, and Saeron widened her eyes. Walking up to Hagrid, she eyed the Spitler. "Now Ms. Kim, all you have to do is what I demonstrated before."

Saeron took another piece of cloth on the table and took out her wand, chanting "Aguamenti." Everyone watched her silently as she massaged the Spitler's spine with the rag, moving in circular motions.

"Now," Hagrid continued, "The Spitler's back is known ter have a dry back, and ter it's annoyance--it spits it's saliva ou'. They sumtimes can be suicidal, showerin' themselves with teir saliva. But if you--"

One student gasped, pointing at Saeron. She stopped massaging the Spitler a few hours ago, as she was paying too much attention to the teacher. The Spitler's back was now dry, and before Hagrid could stop it--Saeron's arm was wet with saliva, her skin burning red. She screamed out cries as Woohyun ran to her, scooping her in his arms swiftly. Hagrid was too late to react, and shortly coming back to his senses. "Go back ter the castle, NOW!" he boomed, jinxing the creature as the students ran away shrieking. Hagrid threw the Spitler back in it's cage and secured it lock.

 

Woohyun dropped Saeron in the bed carefully as he reached the infirmary, and Madam Pomfrey walked hastily to their section.  She inspected the Ravenclaw's arm, clicking her tongue and shaking her head.

"Now tell me Nam, what happened?"

He looked at Madam Pomfrey and flinched. "Uh..  Ah, Hagrid let her demonstrate on calming the Spitler and she forgot to.. err.."

Not needing to let him continue, Madam Pomfrey shook her head.

"Tsk tsk tsk..." walking to her room, Madam Pomfrey searched for ailments. Saeron cried, not able to hold it any longer. Woohyun was about to hold her hand when suddenly the doors blasted open, revealing two familiar Slytherins. Just in time, Madam Pomfrey came out of the room carrying ailments and spellbooks. 

The Slytherin helped his friend sit on the bed, and Madam Pomfrey halted.

"What is wrong now, Lee Sungyeol?"


 It took me months to think of the first chapter!

 tumblr_m8ioeck6PF1qees8oo10_250.gif 

I'm sorry--