The Dragon in the Room

A CRIMSON CAPE |PAUSED|

  Yixing was sure he had locked the door of his hut. Last time he had left it open, some thugs had come in and broken everything. But upon among seeing he had nothing, they left. He was currently taking care of his ill brother, Luhan. Neither of them had parents, and the people they were with, treated them like garbage. They were basically slaves. Luhan was the  one who got a beating most of the time. Yet, now that he was a bit sick, the lady had refrained from doing so. Unfortunately, that meant that Yixing had to work double time. And today was no exception.
   Today he was sent to fetch some water and food at the local market. He was pretty used to this. He was used to seeing all the old men and jerks stare at him for a long time, it wasn't that he liked the looks though. He had thankfully never been kidnapped.  If it ever did happen, it would have been easy to spot him. He had a thing for the colour red, hence the red cape he always wore around his shoulders. His mother had made it  for him and it was the only thing he had from her. Needless to say, he would always have it on.
  "Hey princess, hows it if you and me go to the back a the market, huh?" said an old, disgusting man whose breath reeked of alcohol.
  "Hows it if you shove your foot up your ?" Yixing said as he took his groceries and ran back home, leaving the men dumbfounded. As he was arriving, he heard painful, defining screams coming from inside the house. He instantly threw the things at the doorstep and quickly went inside. His heart dropped to his stomach when he saw what was going on. Luhan was on the floor, unconscious and blood dripping from his head and his left side. Yixing ran to the women pushed her across the room and punched her several times, until he was sure she was unconscious.
  He quickly ran back to Luhan, his poor little deer. He was wounded very badly and was loosing blood fast. Yixing had no other choice but to drag him outside and hope for a miracle. He ran to the doctor's clinic, but it was closed. 
  "Xing, it's o-okay, i-m f-fine. P-pleas-se d-dont c-c-cry." Luhan said in between gasps. The tears coming from Yixing's eyes just increased. If the doctor wasn't here, he would have to take responsibility. He applied pressure to his side, ripped a piece of his shirt and rapped it around him. Only now was he noticing how thin Luhan had become and he tried to silence his tears.
 Yixing had to keep an eye on Luhan. He couldn't fall asleep. But his mind suddenly became blank and he faded away into dreamland. Somewhere around midnight. Yixing dreamt about a big dragon chasing them and torturing them. It was a scary dream, but he suddenly felt his body become lighter almost as if he was being lifted. He didn't feel much else since he was already too deep into sleeping.
   Yixing was having the same dream as before, except that now they were finally safe. Or so he thought. Suddenly the room they were in went dark and the door opened. A big, dark, figure approached them and he suddenly felt pain in his chest. Yixing abruptly woke up, sweating abundantly. His vision was still blurry, but as it cleared, he realized he wasn't outside the clinic any more. He was in a dark room. It wasn't very big, but it surely outdid his old room. He started panicking even more when he realized Luhan wasn't there with him. He sat up straight in his bed but as soon as he was gonna get out of bed, someone opened the door.
  Yixing was scared out of his mind. His mind started wandering off to the men he had just insulted yesterday. He was on the verge of crying when the person at the door showed itself. Yixing felt a tad stupid when he saw that 'the scary, dark, figure at the door' was actually a very short young boy. He was probably Luhan's age or younger. He wore rather fancy clothes. He had an extremely white, long sleeved shirt, and a fitting black vest. Along with dark brown shorts and black shoes. He was actually pretty cute, if it weren't for the shiny silver hair and the piercing brown eyes.
   "My big brother ith waiting for you downthtairth." He would of laughed if it wouldn't have been for their current situation. He reluctantly shook his head and started getting up. Only then had he noticed that he wasn't wearing what he had on last night. He was wearing a white robe that reached under his knees. He didn't give much thought though, his mind was too busy thinking about where he was and where Luhan was. The little boy grabbed his hand and it was ice cold. He shoved him into an even darker room and said: "Wu Fan, he'th up."
  He froze in place. Yixing had heard that name before, and it never had been used in a nice way. Even though his legs were about to give out at any minute, he had to know where his little brother had gone. If he was okay. 
  "W-where is L-luhan?" He said, cursing himself for stuttering so much. He heard a chuckle, and then a very deep and raspy voice speak up.
  " A bit scared aren't we? As for the boy, he's upstairs. He had a nasty slash on his stomach, did you not notice? I thought you would have, you were drenched in his blood. Anyways, I see you have no where to stay so this shall be your momentary home until you find some place else. Of course your stay won't be free so you'll have to work here. Your sibling is an exception to this rule because he is injured", he turned his chair around,"Deal?"
  Yixing thought that the person sitting behind that desk would be a fat, ugly man, probably without teeth. Or maybe missing an eye, but not this. This guy was handsome, rather thin, very tall with pale skin, and blonde hair. Yixing blushed a bit as, this so called, Wu Fan's words registered in his brain. So if he wasn't wearing his own clothes anymore, does it mean this guy changed him? No of course not. Yixing brushed it off as nonsense as he finally realized he hadn't answered Wu Fan's question yet. He repeated once more, this time much more seriously, " I said, deal?" Yixing thought about it for a while. They did have no where else to go, and Luhan was injured, so walking wasn't really an option, and it was only momentary. Besides, Yixing had a feeling he would't be getting attached to anyone in this place. So he finally decided.
  "Deal." 


Should i keep this fic short or long?