Three

Grayscale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is all you need to know about Do Kyungsoo.” Soojung hands her a map the following day after they agreed on the plan. Amber opens and quickly scans the content.

“Is this all?” She arches her eyebrow, “Is the great Jung Soojung has lost her ability?”

Soojung scoffs at the ridiculous statement, “Unnie, that guy is so mysterious. You don’t know my effort to get at least his basic background.” She keeps silent for a while, “Anyway, it’s fortunate for us though, so we don’t need to memorize many things.”

“So, he is the CEO plus the designer in charge for EXO?”

“Yup. And he has a trusted second in charge, named Huang Zitao.”

Amber closes the map, suddenly feeling worried about the plan.

“Soojung, I’m scared. What if they know what we are doing? What if they decided to take action and sue us?” Even thinking about what would happen makes Amber shudders.

Soojung grabs her hands, “Don’t think too much, Unnie. Don’t stress yourself about something that may not happen. Trust me, we will figure it out when it happens.”

Amber looks at Soojung sceptically but decided to follow the plan anyway.

“Tonight, let’s have dinner together with my mom after your duty. We carry on the plan.” Soojung’s serious face makes Amber gulps.

, this is serious business.

---

Soojung may appear calm but anything but calm inside. She decides to go back home after catching up with Amber over lunch and not going back to the office. She needs to prepare everything before the storm happens.

She go straight to her mom’s room and takes a deep breath before finally gathering her courage to knock on her door.

“Who’s that?” the familiar voice that she has grown to fear over the years makes her gulps before answering.

“It’s me, Soojung.”

“Come in.”

She goes in with heavy steps, it’s been a while since the last time she stepped into her room. It’s still the same room but different feelings. She can faintly remember the time she and her sister used to play in the room with their mother. But after that incident came to light, her mom changed. Their bright and lovely mother turned into the controlling and angry woman. After she was betrayed by her father, her mom turned her obsession into her children, forcing them to do the way she wants them to do. And their relationship was affected severely, resulting into her sister rebelling and ran away from home.

Soojung smiles bitterly, it’s not that she is a perfect child. She, too, had attempt to run away, to get freedom which she never gets in her family. However, that accident cost her, her freedom. And here she is, being her mom’s perfect daughter, staying at home and helping to run their company.

Soojung is lost in her own thoughts, just standing in front of the door without saying anything, making her mom annoyed.

“What do you want?” she snaps, dragging Soojung back to reality. This is why I want to do it this way. I don’t want to marry someone I don’t love just for money.

“I have chosen someone, mom.” Her mom, who is so engrossed in the program in television, whips her head so quickly at her direction, making Soojung winces at the sound it makes. She quickly strides to her daughter and drags her to sit on her bed.

“Finally you have come to your senses.” She sighs, “So tell me, who is the person?”

“Do Kyungsoo, the CEO of EXO.” Soojung expects lashes or even slap from her mother, quickly shuts her eyes. However, her mom’s excited tone confuses her.

“OMO! That’s a good choice, Soojung! If you marry that designer, you can make your own brand and even expands our business! I heard he is the only Asian in the ‘Billionaire before 30’ in this year Forbes magazine. So that guy has good business sense.” She cups Soojung’s cheeks in her hand. “So when can I meet him?” The twinkling in her eyes makes Soojung’s stomach turns uneasy.

“Let’s meet over dinner, mom.”

“I will ask the chef to prepare Korean food then. He probably miss Korean food after living in China for quite a long time.” She leaves Soojung to pick up her thoughts alone.

Is it right to do this?

---

As soon as he arrives at Seoul, Yifan goes straight to the place he was raised for 10 years. No, it’s not home. Home is where you feel safe and sound, filled with warmth and laughter. And this place, he snorts, it’s more like a torture house for him. And now, he needs to come back to this.

The journey in the taxi is filled with childhood memories that he had put closely into his pandora box. When Seoul certainly changes a lot, somehow the area near his then house remains the same. The neighboorhood area where Sooyeon noona, Soojung and him used to play along then got scolded by their mother. Well, in that case she only scolded me since she believed that I was the one who persuaded them to go. And now, after Sooyeon ran away, she should know better, he scoffs.

“Aigoo, young master! You have grown into a fine young man!” A middle aged woman, rushes from the door to hug him.

“Auntie Yoon, how are you? You are still look the same.” He happily hugs her, the one who took care of him when he was living in this house.

Auntie Yoon hits him playfully in his chest, “Aigoo, don’t try to charm me, young man. Of course, I am getting older now.” Yifan only smiles in reply.

“Have you eaten? Let’s go, I will prepare your favourite Kimchi jjigae.” Auntie Yoon tries to drag him into the house when he realizes what his intention to come to Seoul.

“Later, Auntie. I want to meet that person first.”

---

Without words, Auntie Yoon accompanies him to his father’s room. She knocks on his door until she gets his permission and leaves quietly.

“Think before doing anything, Jiahen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter